Dynadot

SEDO or NAMEDRIVE ??

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
i hearsd abt namedrive they also offer good revenue for domains park over there...

well...somebody go there and and reply me what is the bet site between this two ..

thnks

--jeet

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cavinti said:
hmmm that is also what i have..

i think im gonna cry.. i reseted all the settings that took me a whole day to set them properly the other day... wahhhhhhh :'( :(

I know the feeling, I finally moved my remaining
domains to Name Drive.

Setting the settings is a heluva job.

My only complaint on name drive is the lack of ads on some keywords.

•••
I have now progressed to sedo/namedrive 50:50 split....onwards + upwards to the next stage 30/70 but it takes time to make the adjustments...just a few a day...

•••
I move all 120 of my names to Namedrive a week ago and have made more money in a week then all last month at Sedo.....

•••
The only uneasy feeling I have is that I have not experienced a single adjustment in click rate. They have all stayed at 0.11. Has anyone else not had an adjustment?

•••
I've got to admit I did used to get more clicks between .017 and .30 euros at Sedo however I'm still earning more overall at Name Drive and have had some clicks around .80 cents.

•••
movingconcierge said:
The only uneasy feeling I have is that I have not experienced a single adjustment in click rate. They have all stayed at 0.11. Has anyone else not had an adjustment?

same with me ..... been 48 hours now, and the adjustments have not yet taken place.

•••
Same thing here.. the earning is better but the PPC for some domains are a lot lower... but since they recieve more clicks the earning gets about the same or for some domains it's higher.
Anyone happen to know any good poster related keywords that gets PPC higher than $0.07/click? Had around €0.15-0.17 at Sedo... It's almost only US traffic.

DOMiNIC said:
I've got to admit I did used to get more clicks between .017 and .30 euros at Sedo however I'm still earning more overall at Name Drive and have had some clicks around .80 cents.

•••
I've had the same issue with clicks not adjusted from the .11 rate. Not sure what the issue is. I have posted here and sent a PM to Ed. I have been told everything is fine, but it does seem weird to me that clicks are not auto correcting.

•••
My clicks for yesterday got autocorrected about 2hrs ago...
fonzie_007 said:
I've had the same issue with clicks not adjusted from the .11 rate. Not sure what the issue is. I have posted here and sent a PM to Ed. I have been told everything is fine, but it does seem weird to me that clicks are not auto correcting.

•••
I agree, fonzie...

Is the advert rate for investmetns the same as moving, apparel, newspapers and magazines, etc.? I would think not. We all know the bid rates for different industries and keywords varies, so why not the click rates...Ed?

•••
Hi all.. this is my 20cents...

Most of my non poker/gaming names are at ND and in general the performance is better than Sedo. But some do perform better at Sedo. Eg. ive had a name at ND for the last 5 days and it did 400+ views with 0 clicks. Just switched it to Sedo and within 3 hours it has 2 clicks at Euro0.10 each.

So, my strategy is to park most at ND and then try Sedo, DS, Fab for the one's that don't perform.

No doubt one of the best things about ND is the efficient and direct service than you get from Ed, thx Ed.

But there are strange incidents at ND too. The ppc does swing around wildly for some names, especially at the start of a new month. RPCs can go from a stable 0.14 cents per click (stable for 2 months) to under 0.05.

Hope this helps..

•••
Is any body else getting clicks of 0.00 cents at Name Drive?

I had two clicks on Saturday that paid me nothing (US Traffic).

I object to my domains being used to send someone else traffic for no compensation whatsover.

•••
DOMiNIC said:
Is any body else getting clicks of 0.00 cents at Name Drive?

I had two clicks on Saturday that paid me nothing (US Traffic).

I object to my domains being used to send someone else traffic for no compensation whatsover.

I have 1 click which unravelled from 3c to 0c, but on the other hand I have a 19c + 13c click which I never saw outside of poker on sedo.
correction hah! I now see 1 16c click on sedo

•••
I've had clicks that are worth $0.00. This is a function of google adsense only paying <$.01 for the click. ND takes their cut and you get the rest which is intrepreted as $.00.

•••
Try these two
Apart from SEDO and some others there are the following two sites for selling domains. Does anyone have experience with them? I have recently placed my domains on both of them for sale. The first one is http://www.impressivedomains.com/
My favourite one though is http://www.urlbuyers.com/index.cfm as their selling and display options are incredible. Great choice of display options and ease of operation. Also their options of searching for names on their database are incredible. Again..Does anyone else here use them??
Go check them out and report back your impressions.
Regards
Binaryman

Last edited:
•••
0$ clicks can happen... but lets just hope it doesnt happen too often. the best thing would be to test which domains do well on ND and the move the ones that underperform to sedo or domainsponsor.

i just got a $5 click and a few 20c ones on domains that were consistently doing quite poorly on sedo ...... on the other hand, traffic has fallen a lot on some domains that were earlier parked on sedo ...so i guess it boils down to testing and experimenting.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
I've had clicks that are worth $0.00. This is a function of google adsense only paying <$.01 for the click. ND takes their cut and you get the rest which is intrepreted as $.00.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm not bitching though I got a click for $1.09 on about-http.com !!!!! I don't know how I even have this domain but it was producing income at Sedo too. Enough to cover registration anyway.

Keyword set to 'Domain Names'. I've had some other clicks over 0.20 cents on this keyword setting.

•••
I find it takes a lot of playing; my domaining pard put some xbox names on sedo for a month; nice amount of views, zero clicks. They've been at Namedrive for a week, even more views and a few clicks already. Seems to be very genre-specific - she has a lot of xbox names, they haven't made a single click in months at sedo, but are already getting clicks at ND after a few days. I don't know the difference, since they have pretty much the exact same kinds of links on them.
I find the ND links are just a bit more attractive, and optimized slightly more accurately; but the biggest help could simply be: the ND pages LOOK 10 times snazzier than the sedo parked pages.

Our adult names seem to be about the same, click-wise, at both.

But overall, ALL our names seem to average noticeably more views at ND, whether or not we're getting clicks. I think our money-related names are averaging higher clicks at ND too.
Haven't gotten any 0.00 value clicks yet :)

•••
Something else that nobody here has mentioned is the way your domain appears in Google results if it has been Cached.

Type in "BicycleSpoke" at Google as an example and you will see the Google Result for the Name Drive Parking Page says -

Bicyclespoke.com - [ Traduzca esta página ]
Bicyclespoke.com. Biking Biking Tours Mountain Biking Spain Biking Clothing Cheap Flights Dating · Enquire about this domain ...
www.bicyclespoke.com/ - 28k - En caché - Páginas similares

They have listed keywords from the ads on the parking page, something I don't recall Sedo does.

•••
ND pages are indexed in strange ways sometimes, when they are new they go to the sky, then after one month go down and the month after go up again. I also have some domains doing 40-50 uniques a day followed by days of 1 or 2 uniques.

•••
diddie said:
ND pages are indexed in strange ways sometimes, when they are new they go to the sky, then after one month go down and the month after go up again. I also have some domains doing 40-50 uniques a day followed by days of 1 or 2 uniques.

I have been having a problem with some of my domains giving a message on Google Search Results, saying, "This I.P. is Banned". I took it up with Ed at N.D. and this is his reply. Maybe it gives some insight into the strange indexing.

Hi there,

Before you go off against Google, I think I need to say that this is not entirely their fault.
They have given us a way to implement our anti-spider policy to reduce risk from bots etc on our pages. It then turns out that this is exactly the same way that Google spiders pages, sometimes anything over 60 times an hour on one page - which seems mad to me. We complained to them and we last week received the IPs that they use to spider the pages. Because we have our anti-spider filter in place which blocks IPs if they hit a page too often within a certain time span, it is partly our fault that 'this IP has been banned' is displayed as Google have effectively told us how to block IPs spidering the page and then run exactly that kind of spider.
Last week we requested that they tell us the IPs which they are using so we can white-list them and this has now been done. The next time Google spider the domain, then this stupid message should be flushed off your domain.
I'm very sorry for this, but a solution is in place which will hopefully resolve it very soon.

Best regards,

Ed

•••
***update**

after about 14 days with ND i have reached what my traffic was in sedo for last the 32 days and still halfway to go.. total clicks so far is what i had in sedo for the last 32 days also..
downside is my poker domains gets only about .22 cents a click.

oh yeah sedo emailed me also regarding my move to ND

•••
lol, they have done the same thing with me, they guaranteed higher revenue than namedrive, shame that they have just realised whats going on...

•••
I've not had much success with Sedo, but I'd still recommend them to others - don't get hopes of a $XXXXXX sale though... hehe. Be nice if they lowered their fees a little, they're a bit of a dealbreaker

•••
as for well performing keywords on ND... try elearning ... $5 clicks :) of course some clicks are lower.... not all are so high.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back