Domain Empire

SEDO Offers are a reality after all!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Can't quite believe I have received my first offer on the SEDO site in months, albeit way too low at $1000. Still where's there's life there's hope:)!

LBM

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats Ian i have yet to recieve my first offer on sedo but i am sure your name was well worth it... keep it up :)

•••
I have two domains on sedo and have receive no offers.
They both combined have been viewed twice - wow

But i just hate thinking that I may have to pay the extra 40 bucks to get them somemore spot light.

Congrat on the offer -
How many domains do you have their?
Did you pay the extra 40?

•••
Congrats, littlebigman, sell at what you're comfortable at, but if you pass on this one and you're unsure inside whether you would get another offer on it in the near future (at that level or not), then you may want to consider negotiating from the bidder's point and your desired mark.

Identity-00, if you're only getting one view on a name by now on each domain in this month, that is an indicator of the caliber of names they are. However, if they are industry-specific, they may do well when/if someone takes interest in any search info provided by Sedo.

•••
Cool :) Good luck with your domain! I don't even bother with Sedo :P

•••
Way to go. How many domains do you have listed with them?

•••
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I have 300 domains with SEDO (but only approx 20 % are generating acceptable worthwhile revenue) Plenty of visits for majority, but not so for clicks, which may be down to poor keywording by SEDO/categorisation by me.

In answer to the question regarding showcase payment - yes I have paid the $39 and received this offer within 2 days of posting.

I have rejected the offer on this domain however and as I feel confident I can secure considerably more than the bid. If my figure is accepted. I'll post back with results.

Good luck to you guys too and thanks for the input! It's much appreciated!

Regards

LBM

Last edited:
•••
wonder when will i get offer through Sedo ;)

•••
I have had several offers on sedo and have made a purchase or two. Hang in there guys/girls. Sooner or later someone will shoot an offer your way. IMO, the sedo system is 100% better than the afternic auction style system.

•••
Just to clarify -- when you turn down an offer, the $39 showcase fee still applies, right?

•••
Yes Anthony

The $39 simply secures you 1 month in the showcase regardless of what you do. Obviously if you sell then you delete the domain from the site and hence the showcase.

I have only turned down his offer remember too. There may be others. He is still obliged to buy at his initail offer price for 7 days, and equally I can accept up to 7 days. If I state another price, that is then legally binding for seven days.

The showcase fee is not affected by my refusal to accept his offer.

Cheers

LBM

Last edited:
•••
Yeah that is right Ian its going to be in the showcase for 30 days but bear in mind that your name will slipp down in the showcase each time a new domain is added to the showcase they display only 13 domains on the home page and your domain will only be on the homepage for 7-10 days and exposure will significantly go down

•••
dont hold your breath.

When I had names listed there I made 1 sale for $2000, the rest were $100 offers (sedo's minimum commission was $100) so I'd get 0

Smart people..

Maybe for the new extensions its good..

•••
Was going to post the same thing as bill1.

Good luck, I ahve had high x,xxx bids on sedo but have not yet sold a domain there.

And odnt use sedo for parking use fab :)!

•••
So you did pay the extra money..

I dont have to much faith is sedo unless I am going to pay the money to get on the homepage. All other domains are lost in the categories where nobody looks. Its nice to have millions of visitors but if they dont go deep enough in the site - I dont think its worth it. Dont get me wrong I am not complaining because sedo is free (unless its sold) but I'd be better off posting it on my small 2000 visitor website.

I am thinking most visitors are looking at the homepage, showcase, new names listed on homepage, and 3 char, 2char names. Thats fine, but most people own less names valued at like 295 - 350 which makes things a lot harder because of the fees for the homepage and the 100 or 10% fee.

Congrates littlebigman!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back