IT.COM

Sedo login username - How to change?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arca

Top Member
Impact
Does anyone know how I can change my sedo login username? I've emailed them three times about it over the past few months but they never responded to my emails.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The replies have gone to spam maybe ? Pick up the phone ?

•••
The replies have gone to spam maybe ? Pick up the phone ?
They've replied to other inquiries I've sent their way so not sure why they would ignore my question about how to change my login username. Though it's not the first time their customer support have been selective in terms of responding to some emails while ignoring others. Tried calling them but was not able to make a clear connection (my local network provides choppy long distance connection to certain locales for some reason).

Looking to use their domain transfer/escrow service more and hoping to change to a more "professional" username for this purpose...

•••
Looking to use their domain transfer/escrow service more and hoping to change to a more "professional" username for this purpose...

But does the buyer ever see the username?

Looks like they don't mention an option to change username:

https://sedo-us1.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1231/~/how-do-i-change-my-name-on-my-account?

According to this username must be 4-25 digits long:https://api.sedo.com/api/apidocs/API_Profi/functions/sedoapi_Faultcodes.html
E213 Your username is too long. Must be maximum 25 letters or digits. The username name is case sensitive
E215 Your username must consist of at least 4 letters or digits. The username is case sensitive

•••
The buyer doesn't see any usernames...

Also if so mandatory - you may launch their LiveChat...

•••
I managed to get through to sedo's customer support:

It is impossible to change your sedo login username.

•••
you can't change sedo username, i have tried in the past, only option is create new account and ask sedo to close the existing account

•••
You may not change your username at any of these places including namejet / dropcatch / namebright. Only option is to create a new account with new username; close the old one (and ask them to delete the old username).

Last edited:
•••
you can't change sedo username, i have tried in the past, only option is create new account and ask sedo to close the existing account

Its good you got through. I've never had a single response from SEDO customer service team, terrible. At least Afternic team respond!

•••
Why do you want to change the username since bidders can't see it ?

•••
Sedo.com is giving me an error. Anyone facing this issue?

This site can’t be reached
sedo.com refused to connect.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back