Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Sedo for dummy

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

dgaussin

VIP Member
Impact
8
I'm trying to park my domains to Sedo to get back some $$ from them :laugh:

And because I'm a complete dummy, I have some questions about Sedo.

1. What's your favorite method to park at sedo ? Use Sedo nameservers or redirect address ?

2. If you use nameservers, you lose the email, right ? not a big deal ?...

3. How is it possible to be paid with paypal ? I can't find the option.

4. A more general question, is it possible to have enough $$ to equal the reg fee ?

Maybe more sedo questions from me or other dummies :blink:

Thanks,
David.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Nameservers are the easiest. Why use an email of a domain that you park or going to sell even? There is a paypal option the same place as where you would see your account information/bank detailc. And your last question, there are people doing this for a living. Good luck
 
0
•••
Thanks .edu (and congrats for MOTM :)).

I found the paypal login form in the account information/bank detail indeed.

Originally posted by .edu
And your last question, there are people doing this for a living. Good luck

Thanks, but there's a long way before doing this for a living I guess ;)

A new question :

5. Is it allow at Sedo to use typo domain ?

David.
 
0
•••
it depends on what good traffic names you have! one of my domain name is making $$. the others are still a bit quite.;)
 
0
•••
And when you say a domain name is making $$, it's a day, month... year ? :D
 
0
•••
Originally posted by dgaussin
And when you say a domain name is making $$, it's a day, month... year ? :D

I've had domains making $xx pr day, so it's possible.. ;)

Thir new optimization tool is also great to increase the relevance of the ads, and in that way increase the revenue..
 
0
•••
edit: nevermind.
 
0
•••
I don't see why sedo would have a problem with typo squatting.
 
0
•••
One other thought I've had is that if you use a redirect, then you get the following benefits:

- You have more detailed logs of who is typing in from raw log files
- You can pop up if you want... (Is that allowed? I use AfterNic right now and just give them my DNS)

Just a couple ideas...
 
0
•••
yeah......with redirect,you can split the traffic to different ppc's and affiliates!
 
0
•••
Be careful on the popups and mixing affiliates. It is not allowed in some of the popular ones and is in their TOS.
 
0
•••
I like use Sedo nameservers for it's easy to set.
 
0
•••
So does Sedo automatically add your domain to search engines? Or do we have to do it ourselves?
 
0
•••
LOL, sedo is not a Search engine optimizer. :) and it does not submit to search engines.

A sedo parked domain in google will be of no use as far as the keyword ranking is concerned.
 
0
•••
1. name servers
2. yes
3.yes its under billing in domain anme parking
4. you will have 2 have alotof clicks
 
0
•••
whats teh lowest reg fee youve seen?
 
0
•••
I have never used sedo, how do you get paid, what do you make?

Could you just buy a domain an park an cash in?
 
0
•••
Exactly. If you have some domains without website, you can park them at sedo. They paid you for each click on ad links.

David.
 
0
•••
Whats the pay like?
 
0
•••
minimum is $.03 per click
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back