IT.COM

advice SEDO for Dummies, is there such a book ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

citylines

Established Member
Impact
Hi,
I've been a fan of NamePros for a while now and have managed to get 185 likes, I must be doing something right?
It's 07.24 in the UK and I've been up since midnight sitting in my Marvel lounge bottoms or pants as they may be called, a pair of dessert boots along with a sports fleece.
I have over 120 domains & because of my addiction added another about an hour ago.
I love trawling through the threads on here and getting boss-eyed looking at expireddomains.net.
Every two weeks I have to go through the process of finding where my domains are like a fool.
I have domains listed on Afternic, Flippa, Unireg.
I have yet to sell one domain, I just cannot get to grips with listing domains for sale by auction on Sedo.
I love domain names and have done for a long time but I would really like to sell ONE just to experience the feeling.
So I would be very grateful if as many people could either PM me or answer my thread and give me instructions on how to make the most of selling on Sedo, please.
Feel free to explain it as if you are talking to a 4 yr old and not a man nearly 50 as there may be a chance that I will understand the process.
I hope to hear from as many people as possible, large print or even drawings may be needed and I will not take offense.
Thanks very much.
Jay

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Jay,

On Sedo, you can sell domains via 3 pricing models:
  1. Fixed price "Buy It Now" (BIN) - In this, you set a fixed price for your domain and wait for someone to hit it, pay for it and boom, the domain is sold. Additional advantage with a BIN domain is a SedoMLS Listing (more on that later in this post)
  2. Make Offer: This is your classic negotiation model where you simply list a domain and wait for someone to make an offer for your domain. You can also define a minimum offer. Any amount lower than the min offer cannot even be submitted. Might save you time but you need to be careful what price you set for this
  3. Auction: You can auction your domain in two ways:
    1. Pay $60 (I think) and list it for an auction. When listing for auction, you can set something called a reserve price. Your domain sells only if the highest bid on your domain's auction is greater than the reserve price. Else the domain will not sell.
    2. If you receive an offer for one of your domains, you can push that domain to auction with the initial offer set as a reserve price. This also guarantees a sale to the initial bidder if your auction does not receive any additional offers/bids.
SedoMLS Listing: When you set a BIN price for your domain, with a set of participating registrars, your listing might be eligible for SedoMLS listing. This means that your domain shows up on the registration path when someone searches for your domain for registrations (at partner registrars) and a few other tools like DomainTools whois listing, Estibot etc. This also enables fast transfer of your domain and results in both faster sales process and payout without needing a manual transfer from you. This is supported on .COMs, .NET and a few other TLDs only so please check the documentation for this.

Hope this helps. Happy to answer any other questions you might have

•••
Nothing to add @anataj gives to you the best description of the types of sale that you can list you domain name.

•••
You can also hire a broker but your domain name needs to match to the requirements that they ask.

•••
It may be a good idea to do your own additional marketing after listing a domain for auction. - just make sure not to drive traffic to a Sedo parked page because your account would get suspended.

•••
Thanks for the input.
I think I'm getting there I am a bit confused regarding the Sedo MLS system.
I have opted in on some domains and have received an email asking for the auth code for that domain.
Would that be the transfer code?
This particular domain is at Fasthosts, I think I'm right that Dynadot has an easy system where the domain is highlighted.
Please excuse my ignorance.
Many thanks
Jay

Last edited:
•••
No. It's the listing authorization. You are asked for the Auth code only when a domain sells and is not in the Sedona MLS premium listing that also includes fast transfer

•••
No. It's the listing authorization. You are asked for the Auth code only when a domain sells and is not in the Sedona MLS premium listing that also includes fast transfer

Hi ,
Right listing authorization.
Thanks, anantj, I'm very grateful for you taking the time to help.
Regards
Jay

er: 989525"]Hello Jay,

On Sedo, you can sell domains via 3 pricing models:
  1. Fixed price "Buy It Now" (BIN) - In this, you set a fixed price for your domain and wait for someone to hit it, pay for it and boom, the domain is sold. Additional advantage with a BIN domain is a SedoMLS Listing (more on that later in this post)
  2. Make Offer: This is your classic negotiation model where you simply list a domain and wait for someone to make an offer for your domain. You can also define a minimum offer. Any amount lower than the min offer cannot even be submitted. Might save you time but you need to be careful what price you set for this
  3. Auction: You can auction your domain in two ways:
    1. Pay $60 (I think) and list it for an auction. When listing for auction, you can set something called a reserve price. Your domain sells only if the highest bid on your domain's auction is greater than the reserve price. Else the domain will not sell.
    2. If you receive an offer for one of your domains, you can push that domain to auction with the initial offer set as a reserve price. This also guarantees a sale to the initial bidder if your auction does not receive any additional offers/bids.
SedoMLS Listing: When you set a BIN price for your domain, with a set of participating registrars, your listing might be eligible for SedoMLS listing. This means that your domain shows up on the registration path when someone searches for your domain for registrations (at partner registrars) and a few other tools like DomainTools whois listing, Estibot etc. This also enables fast transfer of your domain and results in both faster sales process and payout without needing a manual transfer from you. This is supported on .COMs, .NET and a few other TLDs only so please check the documentation for this.

Hope this helps. Happy to answer any other questions you might have[/QUOTE]

•••
Hi ,
Right listing authorization.
Thanks, anantj, I'm very grateful for you taking the time to help.
Regards
Jay

Happy to help :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back