Domain Empire

.tv Sedo final results...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Mike just posted final results from SEDO auction.

Top 5...
business.tv $100,999
learn.tv $41,000
christmas.tv $32,000
home.tv $31,000
guide.tv $29,500

continue for more:
Sedo .TV Auction Ends With $800K In Sales: Our Winners & Losers | The Domains

--

I told him its funny how some people look at certain domain prices as Winners VS Losers... i.e. Mike sees the GEO's (i.e. Japan) only selling at $10K as losers... while I see them as some of the smartest purchases.

To each his own... ;)

My best purchase of the day: I saw Guide.TV hit $20K+ and remembered that I wanted the plural, which was sitting on the premium list... for much cheaper. It'll still meet my needs just as well.

What an exciting day this has been. I'm sure some losers (the usual suspects) will try to rain on this parade... all I can do is smile and wait for the next round of announcements.

Congrats to all the .TV auction winners, buyers & sellers.

-

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I came back home to find an email of a .COM which had sold at SEDO. While it will be interesting to see if they develop it or just hold it for investment purposes, does it really matter? I picked it up for under $100 and sold it (assuming the transaction completes) for $995 before commission - a decent ROI.

Congrats, but the KEY difference here is that you sold a .COM ... for the relatively unknown ".TV" to even obtain niche status (versus its current vanity status), it'll need development and "ecosystem" - as things stand RIGHT NOW with only domainers acquiring and then sitting on .TV's the aftermarket will remain sideways-to-negative, IMHO. :red:
Just my two sense.

PS. Thanks to Tech for posting the Whois info on Wine.TV; I'll follow up on more of these DNJ "reported sales" and Whois & their development status probably some time over the weekend! :music:

Night,
Jeff B-)

•••
Hmmm, hearing rumblings that some very established .com investors have entered the .TV space.

•••
•••
•••
Sounds like potential great News to me...

care to share any more details MCB?

Thx,
Vito.

...I don't doubt that the potential exists, dotster, but how long will the names be in a parking lot? Will it be like .com that way with great names that are parked in .com will now have their sibling .tv next to them, useless to endusers?

I question motives with 20th century .commers

•••
^ Agree (re., "parking lot")! :yell:

...bad news?

If true, indeed ... it's potentially awful news due to fact that it will - in all likelihood- add ZERO to an necessary developed video-centric "ecosystem"; resulting in 10+/+ more years of the 'same old same old'! :guilty: :imho:

Regards,
Jeff B-)

•••
I seriously doubt that.

My strategy is 3-fold and I am assuming that a lot of others are similar to my ideas...

We all know great keywords are possible to own in this extension for a decent price right now, so I have bought some domains that are close to me in my hobbies/interests, etc. Domains that I will develop somehow, some way, that I have a true passion for. So, In one way, It is better than someone else grabbing those few that I have ben able to grab for the sole purpose of re-selling.

now sure there are those that are for a quick flip, and those that are for an investment but all in all, I believe we will see tons of development in the .TV arena now.

•••
... now sure there are those that are for a quick flip, and those that are for an investment but all in all, I believe we will see tons of development in the .TV arena now.

If End users / developers are not actively and purposely acquiring good, and most developable Premium .TV's, how is it possible that there will be TONS of new exciting content / visible development in this arena? :blink:
IYHO.

Thanks kindly,
Jeff B-)

•••
If End users / developers are not actively and purposely acquiring good, and most developable Premium .TV's, how is it possible that there will be TONS of new exciting content / visible development in this arena? :blink:
IYHO.

Thanks kindly,
Jeff B-)

Because people/buyers may have finally grabbed that category killer domain that they wanted forever, but couldn't even dream of affording in the .com, net or org.

•••
Because people/buyers may have finally grabbed that category killer domain that they wanted forever, but couldn't even dream of affording in the .com, net or org.

But "people/buyers", in your scenario ... NEED to be developers/End users (and by the sounds of it above (ie., "investors"), this will not be the case)! :yell: :imho:

Best,
Jeff B-)

•••
But "people/buyers", in your scenario NEED to be developers/End users (and by the sounds of it above, this will not be the case)! :yell: :imho:

Best,
Jeff B-)

Meh,

I'll figure it out one day.
or just end up paying someone, lol

•••
Meh,

I'll figure it out one day.
or just end up paying someone, lol

Good enough ... but please keep in mind, this EXACT SAME THING has been going on with the .TV ccTLD for 10+/+ years; we've come no further than cries of "investors" investing in .TV's sans critical stand-alone, unique developments! :red: :imho:

Have a great weekend,
Jeff B-)

•••
I can tell you this much.

Right now, I have over 300 domains. yes probably still way too many. I cut back from over 1000+ last year, but I know this for for a fact...I will have something very very cool (not a crappy mini-site like my blog) on at least 3 of my .tv's for sure, within a pretty short time, 6 months maybe, 1 year for sure. That is something I can't say about most of my .com's, nets, etc.

just because of the greatness of the keyword, that makes all the difference to me, well and of course the Universal .TV appeal.

•••
•••
... but I know this for for a fact...I will have something very very cool (not a crappy mini-site like my blog) on at least 3 of my .tv's for sure, within a pretty short time, 6 months maybe, 1 year for sure. That is something I can't say about most of my .com's, nets, etc.

^ Fair enough, please keep us posted with your .TV developments! :music: :talk:

PS. Will be updating Sedo .TV Whois's later this weekend, as well.
See you soon,
Jeff B-)

•••
First time i have seen the results pretty good prices paid:D

•••

Bob

I LOVE that link. What a great thread.

That's not just for Jeff, that's for EVERYONE to see just how fab .TV can be when it's done professionally.

So MANY companies making so much content - and all using .TV - nice!

First time i have seen the results pretty good prices paid:D

Those prices were more than pretty to those of us who knew .Tv would eventually find its place in the Sun. They were 100% Gwyneth Paltrow / Beyonce Knowles / Shilpa Shetty / Zhang Ziyi gorgeous!!

And so many new people are into .TV these days! Not just BMW and Mercedes-Benz, but even Jeff is thinking of buying one according to his musings!

And with Snoop, yes Snoop, already having over 70 .Tv names, I think if .tv can get those two to participate then anything is possible.

Of course, they would have to be reg fee +/- and they would have to include some anguish or pain for the owner!

•••
In Jeff's defence I noticed on my travels a significant difference in the amount of 'airtime' that .tvs get within the USA as compared to the rest of the world.

In short, the US still definitely appears to have their .com goggles on.

Funny because in Australia nothing annoys me more than constant .com results (usually cookie cutter websites) appearing in the top 10 results ahead of quality local websites - particularly when I am looking to buy online.

This .com-centricity seems to be a particular problem with the google algorythm. Bing is much fairer to local websites.

•••
Back on topic ... recent Sedo ".TV final" results (and their development status);
Here are the Top listed .TV "reported sales" on April 21st's DNJ (over $5,000);

Wine.tv $17,002
RE.tv $10,100
Advertising.tv $10,000
CA.tv $9,500
Lawyers.tv $7,601
Books.tv, Camera.tv, English.tv $6,600 each
Jazz.tv $6,100
DR.tv $5,800
4.tv $5,555
Black.tv $5,500
Auctions.tv $5,050

Whois results (as of time of post);

Wine.tv Knight Square LLC / Kuang Chiang Liu
RE.tv Sedo.com, LLC / Domain Transfer Escrow Service
Advertising.tv Worldwide Media, Inc. / Michael Berkens
CA.tv John van den Berg
Lawyers.tv ...
Books.tv ...
Camera.tv ...
English.tv ...
Jazz.tv ...
DR.tv ...
4.tv ...
Black.tv ...
Auctions.tv ...

Updating as best as I can over the weekend and next week ... will follow up with additional Whois -and- their respective development status, as well. :gl:

Best regards,
Jeff B-)

•••
Actually Jeff as you are so keen to get back on topic, the thread is titled Sedo Final results ...

Correct, and per prior remarks (quoted below) ... I thought I was providing a valuable service and key insight for relevant discussion purposes (since, comparatively, the ".TV" is still generally not an established extension and developments of some of the most 'developable' (from recent Sedo auctions) .TV's is so important to the "ecosystem")) IMHO. :gl:

...team spirit always most respected and appreciated! Thanks, Jeff. Your efforts more than likely to be returned in kind.

Jeff,

Your the man!!! Thanks for the info.

Best regards,
Jeff B-)

•••
Back on topic ... recent Sedo ".TV final" results (and their development status);

Whois results (as of time of post);

Wine.tv Knight Square LLC / Kuang Chiang Liu
RE.tv Sedo.com, LLC / Domain Transfer Escrow Service
Advertising.tv Worldwide Media, Inc. / Michael Berkens
CA.tv John van den Berg
Lawyers.tv ...
Books.tv ...
Camera.tv ...
English.tv ...
Jazz.tv ...
DR.tv ...
4.tv ...
Black.tv ...
Auctions.tv ...

Updating as best as I can over the weekend and next week ... will follow up with additional Whois -and- their respective development status, as well. :gl:

Best regards,
Jeff B-)

lawyers.tv forwards to DUI Lawyers DWI Attorneys help with dui defense & drunk driving, driving under the influence laws, top D.U.I. lawyers & law firms. - www.1800DUILAWS.com

•••
Domain Name: auctions.tv
Registrar: Name.com LLC

Expiration Date: 2011-01-19 04:14:07
Creation Date: 2000-05-01 07:00:00

Name Servers:
NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM
NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM

REGISTRANT CONTACT INFO
Michael Bilyk
Michael Bilyk
Suite 261
56 Gloucester Road
Kensington
London
SW7 4UB
GB
Phone: +44.2083494007
Email Address:

•••
Camera.tv is owned by Allthings.tv. Good pickup Kev!

•••

Name Servers:
NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM
NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM

REGISTRANT CONTACT INFO
Michael Bilyk
Michael Bilyk
Suite 261
56 Gloucester Road
Kensington
London
SW7 4UB
GB
Email Address:

^ Thanks kindly, Tech ... it's great to work together to best identify the Sedo .TV "buyers" and also their respective development status! :yell: :imho:

See you soon,
Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••

Name Servers:
NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM
NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM

REGISTRANT CONTACT INFO
Michael Bilyk
Michael Bilyk
Suite 261
56 Gloucester Road
Kensington
London
SW7 4UB
GB
Email Address:

This is the same person who bought BusinessChannel.tv from me for $800 earlier this year.

Auctions.tv was one of my picks for best deals of the sedo .tv auction, looks like he has a pretty good port growing!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back