IT.COM

Sedo Fee Changes

NameSilo
Watch
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ugg

Last edited:
•••
That's if you also have your domain parked with them. Isn't that the same rate as before?

•••
They also bumped the minimum commission fee on a sale up to $60 from $50.

I suppose $10 isn't a big deal, but it's still unfortunate for those of us that sell a good number of domains in the $500 or less range.

•••
But their minimum price increased !!!

accidentally i saw their entire payment fees @ today morning :)

EDIT: what an co-incidence post @Dorkside

•••
That's if you also have your domain parked with them. Isn't that the same rate as before?

Yes it is. I didn't see much new in that.

The problem with sedo and their 10% buy it now rate is that it did and still does depend on you parking with them - but every thirty days you have to manually recheck the parking status, otherwise the system thinks you are not parked with sedo.

If you forget to do that and someone buys it now, you (potentially) pay them a higher commission.

•••
They also bumped the minimum commission fee on a sale up to $60 from $50.

I suppose $10 isn't a big deal, but it's still unfortunate for those of us that sell a good number of domains in the $500 or less range.

Bah. Didn't notice that. I was just about to post "Now all they have to do is lower the minimum from 50 to 30-40"

In the past 3 days I received 2 offers on regfee names, one for $100, another for $70 that I would've accepted but had to decline because of the minimum. Because of that I've been setting up my own landing pages recently.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I could've sworn it was 15% - I never use Buy Now though.

•••
in £ min fee goes from £35 to £45 plus now adding VAT at 20% making it £53.40.

An increase of over 50%.

What is minimum bid now?

•••
If the minimum commission is 60, then what is the minimum offer now?

•••
Found my email in the gmail spam folder...

If flippa would step up their landing page game, I'd point more of my domains there.

•••
•••
•••
Not sure where they got that, should be $60, not $90.

•••
I hope they at least make minimum bid at $250 now since it was just funny receiving $60 offers on $50 commission ... and it would truly be awesome if they added cancel offer without you needing to counter-offer the first offer as I sometimes just get sick of these $60 offers and would be great to just cancel them.

•••
I've sold a bunch of names at Sedo via their marketplace and the % has always been 20%. Does that mean my names never sold via Sedo itself but rather through an extended marketing partner? Sedo doesn't share that info - can we believe that is always the case?

•••
Yes it is. I didn't see much new in that.

The problem with sedo and their 10% buy it now rate is that it did and still does depend on you parking with them - but every thirty days you have to manually recheck the parking status, otherwise the system thinks you are not parked with sedo.

If you forget to do that and someone buys it now, you (potentially) pay them a higher commission.

Not 100% sure but I think it's just the dashboard that shows that the domain isn't parked (but it is). When the first visitor visits the domain, it goes back to showing that the domain is parked.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back