Dynadot

Sedo down?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Most services of Sedo seem to be down, including: login, making offer, parking pages.
Or is it just me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it seems SEDO has fixed the issue.
Lightning-Fast now! (y)

Last edited:
•••
Nothing fixed...
The same fast period during few hours was yesterday... and then nightmare again and again...

And verification is still pending...
Almost 24h already on the domain with Sedo nameservers and non-private WHOIS...

Last edited:
•••
•••
The best Sedo in terms of performance and uptime - was prior they moved to another infrastructure/cloud (Summer'2018 - if I recall correctly).
Then problems were always more or less... and last few weeks - real nightmare...

•••
Looks that no any monitoring there... they don't spend money on it...
Only our feedbacks here and via tickets/chat....

Last edited:
•••
•••
The mentioned issue is related only to registrars/platforms owned by web.com
It has no any relations to the permanent/traditional Sedo issues (over 1 year since their migration).

•••
I don't wait anymore...
Moved this domain to Dan.

•••
•••
Sedo is up most of the time for me.
Unpaid sold domains is a serious recent problem (in the last 6 months).
Solution is simple: require a refundable $10 for account creation or before making an offer. But don't refund if they cheat. Even registrars require such initial payment before allowing handgerring.
Also extra 3 percent for credit card payments is not a good idea. Just because of some stupid 3 percent , tons of money is burnt. Take it from me!

Last edited:
•••
Probably, the most problems when Asian users are connected to Sedo...
When they sleep - we can use it... and landers are up as well...

•••
I am not on Sedo a ton, but it always seems up for me whenever I go to log in from Canada. In fact I think I have never had the problem others outline above.
Bob

•••
From what I see in this thread - the worst are European nodes in their CDN...

•••
Regarding unpaid domains...
I already said in another thread - set BINs and forget.
Don't use Sedo as MakeOffer platform.

•••
Nothing fixed...
The same fast period during few hours was yesterday... and then nightmare again and again...

you are correct.

Also automatic verification (via TXT-code) does not work at the moment.

•••
Hi All,

Thank you for all your comments.

Some customers may have experienced that our website could only be accessed intermittently yesterday. We have been working on rectifying this issue and apologise for the inconvenience caused by the down time. I am happy to confirm that most of our services are now running as normal and our Tech Team continue working on bringing the website back up to 100% performance once again as soon as possible.

All the best.
Chris

•••
•••
•••
Even CloudFlare works many times better than this Akamai...

•••
SEDO not working today again.
Once you log into the Account, it gives an ERROR-message...

Cloudfare-Error

•••
I think cloud is a very unsecure thing. Use your own servers. It can be used to kill web sites Same is the case with apps. It kills privacy. This is why stores offer discounts for installing their apps, and app domains sell for high prices. (not Sedo related)
I think Sedo is being attacked form inside. A competitor might be bribing a Sedo employee to prevent sales. If this is the case, this also explains why Sedo "only" works with Buy Now listings. Because then in Buy Now case, there is no time to to block sales. If you make the buyer feel he is overpaying, then he won't pay. And of course such "info" would be sent to the buyer from an unrelated place. This possibility might be worth testing.

•••
SEDO not working today again.
Once you log into the Account, it gives an ERROR-message...

Cloudfare-Error

Hi Larion,

Thanks for your comment.

Please can you send a screenshot of what you see when you login, I am not aware that there are any issues preventing login at the moment, but if you can send that to me then I can get our Tech Team to look into it immediately.

Thanks Chris

•••
Hi Larion,

Thanks for your comment.

Please can you send a screenshot of what you see when you login, I am not aware that there are any issues preventing login at the moment, but if you can send that to me then I can get our Tech Team to look into it immediately.

Thanks Chris

it is actually fine and possible to Log-in.
Just when you are logged-in and click on "Add Domains" or "Manage Domains", the CSS-file seems not to be working. Since it only shows a white-colored page with some text. Shows me that the CSS-file was not in place or not working.

I do not have a screenshot at the moment, but will send to you when this happens again.

•••
Hi Larion,

Thanks for getting back and Im glad to read that you are no longer having this issue. If this does happen again then please send a screenshot and I will report it to our Tech Team asap.

Have a great day!
Chris

•••
Previously I also had CSS issues... it wasn't loaded.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back