IT.COM

Please Advise: Redirecting Domains to Sedo Offer Page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Winfluence

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
How many of you are redirecting your domains to their Sedo offer page instead of using Sedo's parking and have any of you found that it improves your sales?

I use Sedo because it's a site that a lot of people trust, but I find their parking pages to be useless. So I've been redirecting some of my domains to their Sedo offer pages. Because I just started, I don't know if it's for better or worst.

One downside to doing this is that I don't see any analytics on how many people are visiting my offer pages inside of Sedo's admin pages. I have to search for the actual listing and then click it in the search results to see how many people have visited the offer page.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I cannot help with your first question but if you click your site link in your sedo account, it will show you how many people have visited your offer page for that domain. Hope this helps :)

•••
My understanding is that those stats are for parked pages, so when you redirect to your offer page you won't get those stats anymore, so the see your offer page stats, the only way I know how to do that is to click your listing in the search results.

But my main question was about whether or not it improves your sales to redirect your domains to their offer page.

•••
I redirect to my own sales pages as I like to acquire name, email, phone, ip etc... which helps in negotiations. If the domains are quality then yes it will improve the amount of offers being made as there is no way to miss the domain name is for sale with no parking ads on the page. Sedo is trusted by quite a few End Users so if not doing your own sales pages Sedo can still work will just be anonymous offers. I would suggest affiliate tagging your redirection links though. Look under...

"My Sedo"
"Partner Program"
"Integrations"
"Basic Integration Facts"

which will provide your affiliate tagged URL and you just need to replace DOMAIN.COM in the link with your actual domain name for sale. Then when you go to "Partner Program" after redirecting them all you'll be able to see bulk stats on visitors/sign ups your redirections have created.

So possible your redirected domains even if they don't produce a domain sale could still generate you affiliate income from other domain sales or service orders. If you see a recent account creation in those stats followed by an offer on one of your domains then there's your clue your domain might have just redirected an end user to create a Sedo account to make the offer as most domainers would already have a Sedo account.

Last edited:
•••
I FWD all domains to my page. it's more effective than sedo / flippa landing page.

•••
I forwarded my domains to offer page and it got too many traffic but no sales yet. back to parking page.

•••
Quite often sales leads result from individuals interested in a domain and typing it into their browser. In such cases, if the domain is forwarded to your own sales page, you can avoid paying a commission. However, it is probably best to leave open the possibility of leads from domain aftermarkets. Last year over half my domains had offer page views at SEDO but SEDO sales are relatively - mostly tire kickers with a $50--$100 budget.

•••
I wish there were statistics on this subject - like how many sales result from redirects to offer pages vs clicks to offer pages from parking pages. If I was looking at a domain to see if it's available and I saw the Sedo parking page, I wouldn't immediately know if the domain is for sale, unless I was already familiar with what Sedo is. I find the offer page as more effective, but I can also see the benefit of having your own landing page off of Sedo too.

Because many of the sales on DNJournal are from Sedo (sometimes nearly all the sales seem to be from their platform), I think I'm going to stay with what more people are familiar with.

•••
I haven't forwarded to my Sedo sales page before, but I have forwarded to a GoDaddy Search result that shows the name is for sale.. Like this:

I didn't really notice a big increase in sales, but at the same time my domains all have fixed prices which is the only way this method would really work. You would also need the domains listed in GoDaddy Auctions... Instead, I'm back to parked pages now and those seam to do just fine. Just my personal experience, it may be different when your domains are open to offers.

•••
I haven't forwarded to my Sedo sales page before, but I have forwarded to a GoDaddy Search result that shows the name is for sale.. Like this:

I didn't really notice a big increase in sales, but at the same time my domains all have fixed prices which is the only way this method would really work. You would also need the domains listed in GoDaddy Auctions... Instead, I'm back to parked pages now and those seam to do just fine. Just my personal experience, it may be different when your domains are open to offers.

That's a great idea! I hate the fact that you have to pay for pricing above 10k on Sedo. They are extremely greedy for asking for an appraisal just to price over 10k....they should be ashamed of themselves for being so greedy. What if you have 1000 domains worth more than 10k?

•••

Is there a URL for Sedo forwarding similar to the one you posted for GD?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back