Dynadot

SEDO: Congratulation you domain sold for xxx$??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BelgianGuru

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hi,
i just received a couple of messages from Sedo with the subject

Congratulation you domain sold for 388$(294$ after they take their commission)??

the problems:
1. i paid more to acquire this domain
2. i never listed this domain at this Bin, 388$ was the minimum offer?
3. they sold the domain using their partner Yumi.com? (not bashing Yumi)

this is the second time i found myself on the wrong side with Sedo,
so i just removed all my domains from SEDO

it seem like somebody is running some suspicious activities at sedo
SEDO is not a domainers partner, it really look like SEDO is working for SEDO period

SEDO was an expensive experience in my case, with all the unsuccessful auctions they run each week.
they just don't care about their customers, everything is done to promote SEDO domains on their auction platform.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
just write them and explain, keep the name if is their mistake

•••
I would also write them if you are certain the name was set to Make Offer and not Buy Now. I've had plenty of names listed with Make Offer and have never had this problem.

•••
Sedo has become a complete shit marketplace. Too many fraudulent activities going on there

1. Sedo is just using their platform to sell their own domains.
2. Use the site to grab high listing fees from unsuspecting customers for domains that will never sell because they will never give it any exposure.
3. Sell names from their big partners by applying all sorts of shill activities.

That marketplace is no longer healthy. Go there if you want to waste money and time

•••
1. Sedo is just using their platform to sell their own domains.
Examples ?

2. Use the site to grab high listing fees from unsuspecting customers for domains that will never sell because they will never give it any exposure.
Exposure is not the problem, the problem is that the domains are pigeon shit and that's the only reason they don't sell.

3. Sell names from their big partners by applying all sorts of shill activities.
Examples of shill activities ?

•••
•••
Examples ?

Exposure is not the problem, the problem is that the domains are pigeon sh*t and that's the only reason they don't sell.

Examples of shill activities ?

Yes, I agree that countless of names that people pay to showcase on Sedo are complete sh*t. But they are really great names that should have been sold if Sedo gave em enough exposure proportional to the $77+ paid for it.

Example of shill activities:

The listings on this link: https://sedo.com/search/?member=54b933a55457c076ecb96c9948a55e90454f4b86&language=us

They were listed few months ago, two of them had 250k minimum and instantly got 1 bids each. Months passed and no sell, then the prices were slashed to 10k still with those bids, yet no sell. Who's bidding on those ngTLD domains instantly after they were listed?

Later I found out those names belongs to their partner (Doughnut Domains) and those listing were mainly designed to trick new domainers into believing there is market with ngTLDs, and the trick is really working. Just look at number of gTLDs that people are wasting their money listing on Sedo simply because they saw certain craps listed for $250k with instant bids.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back