IT.COM

Sedo.Com rip off?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I sold and purchased 2 domains around the same time for my first time with SEDO, and it's now been 2 weeks and I not only haven't received the domain names after following instructions or been paid on the one I sold? Is Sedo trustworthy and work for you guys? Any ideas where I can go to complain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes they are trustworthy and they do the job well but not real fast,

I waited 3 weeks for 1 name i sold.

someone usually emails you for payment details/transfer details etc.. so i would just reply to that email.

•••
sedo are good people, just a little slow, I figure with 3 million names listed they are probably a little overworked, my longest sale took 5 weeks so I wouldn't panic too much yet.

•••
they would not be overworked if they will keep enought workers!.

•••
They greedy the less people they have working for them the more money. :) There really nice people, Like everyone said before me. "slow service" but trustworthy

•••
sedo is quite a reputable name in the domain world, only they are just slow...

•••
I think they have quite a few people, each user is assigned to a certain person though. Most my sales/purchases are either helped by Tom or Martin.

•••
Don't sweat it, sedo are a pretty reputable company. Its frustrating though, I sold a domain on tdnam recently, got all excited, only to be told today that they thought the buyer was 'fraudulent' and escrow had cancelled the transaction. I haven't heard of this with sedo before, its one of the domain aftermarkets.

•••
Thanks for the tips guys, Rep added for helping me out.

•••
im not a fan of sedos outrageous fees for little know tld's.

e.g. I got an offer of $160 for a .sc name but if i'd accepted it i'd have had to pay $150 sedo fees :(

•••
Whenever I have had a sale fail at www.Sedo.com , it was not Sedo's fault. Either the buyer backed out, after my counteroffer, or some other problem caused it. (One domain I sold was very close to the expiration date, by the time the process was completed, it had expired. I really didn't care. The person who was buying it, gave me the sob story of how she could only afford to $75, since she was "establishing" her internet business! Good businesswoman, I fell for it!)

So, yes, Sedo is slow sometimes, but 99% of the time, they will get a sale for you! IMHO

Frank

•••
cfguru360 said:
I think they have quite a few people, each user is assigned to a certain person though. Most my sales/purchases are either helped by Tom or Martin.

LOL!!!....

Everybody is helped by Tom or Martin. ;)

Seriously, I think the poster above hit the nail on the head...

Sedo is "CyberBig", meaning that they appear in CyberSpace to have more employees and resources that they actually do in reality.

Which is fine.

They do tremendous business and definately lead the market in tandem with Moniker and Afternic. However, they are certainly TAPPED as well. At this point, their internal policy is to work with the EASY sells... something that the can simply post and sell. They've got the reputation for providing great names and service to buyers, so they have the right to be picky and cover only what is profitable and workable.

They do NOT have the resources for a long term marekting of a brand/domain name. They have limited resources for traditional Paper Shuffling. Tom and Martin do many jobs there as does virtually everyone else.

It's busy for the staff they have... so things do tend to move slowly.

But don't worry... they will come through for you. Just be patient :)

GoPC

•••
Hehe, no actually my friend's transactions are mostly done by a Kate instead of a Martin. Strange. I called one of their cellphones and I asked "Why don't you guys have a 1-800 number, or a number where we can contact you?". Martin just said "I don't know..." and then changed the subject. Weird organization.

kevmacmeh said:

e.g. I got an offer of $160 for a .sc name but if i'd accepted it i'd have had to pay $150 sedo fees :(

Well, if you have the domain parked at Sedo, then you'll only pay 10% of the cost. Therefore, you only would've payed $16. If it is not parked there, then you'll end up paying much more.

There's an easy way out either way. If your domain isn't parked and you receive an offer, park it there wait 1-2 days, then tell somebody from an alternate IP address to get 1 unique visit to the domain. Once you get 1 unique visit and it has been recorded on that Statistics page, then you can accept the offer and you'll only pay the 10% fee. :)

•••
Sedo operates in their own timezone. Keep sending emails to customer service if needbe.

•••
Alright, yeah they...finally responded, but I still havne't received payments yet, but at least they responded, now 3 weeks in.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
Sedo operates in their own timezone.

Wow, they *ARE* big, aren't they???

:hehe:

Sorry, couldn't hold myself to comment on that

•••
kevmacmeh said:

well sometimes i wonder..they might as well just find the whois of the domain n email u n offer u $75..better for u both..but maybe they want the escrow service from sedo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back