Dynadot

Sedo buyers don't pay

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
About half of buyers don't pay anymore. Sedo protects them, but doesn't protect sellers. Does the same happen to you? I warned Sedo many times about many things, and they basically said : you don't have to stay here. So maybe it is time to leave.

I suspect this might be a personal thing, like a Sedo employee blocking payments by contacting buyers and saying, your bid was too high, don't pay and nothing will happen; or not sending emails when the seller is me. Or it might be a race thing, although I'm white. Or there is an economic crisis affecting many, but then this must happen to everyone else.

What I'm most paranoid about it is: A domain service gets an inquiry for my domain, and offers fraction of their offer to me at Sedo and acts as a middleman, and when the actual buyer doesn't pay, they don't pay either. In this case Sedo's fault would be not showing their IP, and after cancellation, not showing their email.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Since 2015 I list only some BIN-domains on Sedo.
For all others (~99%) - I prefer the direct negotiations... and if agreement is reached - then Sedo escrow to finish it.

Regarding DAN...
Just within 1st year I got even more non-payers comparing to what I had on Sedo for many years.

•••
Regarding DAN...
Just within 1st year I got even more non-payers comparing to what I had on Sedo for many years.

If you have a BIN on DAN, the buyer has to pay upon checkout, or the order won't complete. So the notion of a non-payer in the case of a BIN, doesn't exist.

•••
About half of buyers don't pay anymore. Sedo protects them, but doesn't protect sellers. Does the same happen to you? I warned Sedo many times about many things, and they basically said : you don't have to stay here. So maybe it is time to leave.

I suspect this might be a personal thing, like a Sedo employee blocking payments by contacting buyers and saying, your bid was too high, don't pay and nothing will happen; or not sending emails when the seller is me. Or it might be a race thing, although I'm white. Or there is an economic crisis affecting many, but then this must happen to everyone else.

What I'm most paranoid about it is: A domain service gets an inquiry for my domain, and offers fraction of their offer to me at Sedo and acts as a middleman, and when the actual buyer doesn't pay, they don't pay either. In this case Sedo's fault would be not showing their IP, and after cancellation, not showing their email.

don't become paranoid
nobody treats you special

buyers get used to pay late
just accept it
or cancel the deal

•••
Because read Sedo TOS.
6 days are allowed for payment.
If no changes.

5 days
before the first reminder

which is lame

DAN does the first reminder after 24 hours
looks like they split-tested it

•••
I never had any problem with @Sedo , they are very trustworthy imo.

Sales don't complete sometimes due to unforeseen reasons, that doesn't mean Sedo's fault

•••
According to the archived threads in my Transfer Center - their system sends reminders on 3rd and 6th day automatically.
Never have seen any 5 days.

•••
Hi

It is unfortunate but every day there are sales which Sedo has to cancel whether due to the buyer or the seller, this also applies to every other marketplace and is not limited to just Sedo.

No, This only apply to sedo because only sedo can buy a domain without payment. Other marketplace must pay when buy a domain.

•••
Quote from one of my unfinished sales:

Me: ... please cancel the transaction

Sedo transfer agent: This case will be passed today to our accounts receivable department. They will try to force the buyer to pay by explaining him the possible consequences in case of cancellation due to non-payment.

(quote end)

I think there is something in German law that makes the above 100% acceptable. At least if the buyer is also in Germany or maybe in EU...

Last edited:
•••
...Sedo TOS.
6 days are allowed for payment.
If no changes.
Never had issues to cancel such failed transactions on 7th or later day just via comment to my transfer agent.

•••
QUOTE="Jurgen Wolf, post: 7376017, member: 108298"]According to the archived threads in my Transfer Center - their system sends reminders on 3rd and 6th day automatically.
Never have seen any 5 days.[/QUOTE]

upload_2019-8-31_19-39-50.png

upload_2019-8-31_19-41-33.png

Last edited:
•••
@frank-germany - what does the attachment say? German looks like Chinese to me :)

Last edited:
•••
Mar/10/19 Payment status
Please be informed that we have contacted the buyer in regards to the outstanding escrow payment that is needed in order to proceed with the transfer. You will be contacted immediately upon receipt of more information.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Mar/07/19 Payment request created for buyer
We have created a payment request for the buyer and requested payment from them. The transfer will commence upon receipt of this payment.

Do you see 3rd day automatic reminder?

Last edited:
•••
Just checked my acct. history, it shows 1st reminder always on +3 days. 2nd reminder almost always in +3 extra days (with one exception, where it was 5th day). Maybe it also depends on holidays or weekends...

•••
QUOTE="Jurgen Wolf, post: 7376017, member: 108298"]According to the archived threads in my Transfer Center - their system sends reminders on 3rd and 6th day automatically.
Never have seen any 5 days.

Show attachment 127926

Show attachment 127927[/QUOTE]

13th august
sale

5th august I wrote
please send reminder

sedo answer :
the buyer is a long term customer and used to pay in the past

his due day is 5 days after the sale
we will inform you after payment received

thanks for your patience