Domain Empire

Search engines and Sedo

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Have a quick question for some of you more experienced types here. Since Sedo is now using Adwords is there really any sense in physically parking your domains there? The reason I ask this is because I have a few good domains parked there that never appear on google using every search word I can think of.

Since we have no control over what Keywords Sedo uses what would be the best way to get good placement on the search engines? Keeping in mind I know the best route would be to develop the page yourself and look for advertisers.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You domains parked at sedo may never appear in the search engines. If you notice now, the domains are not parked but rather forward to a sedo-parking.com page.

Take my example of www.mailcheck.com Instead of a page appearing to be at mailcheck.com, it forwards the visitor to a sedo URL.

You can still make good money from Sedo by being parked there. But it sounds like a better option for you may be to set up a small page on your own host with your own Adwords if you are concerned about search placement.

•••
It's always been better to set up your own site and use Adsense, since Adsense came into being anyway. Just putting up an Adsense banner with no content, though, isn't going to do you any good. It's much easier to park on Sedo (or their competitors) than it is to build a site with content.

•••
Thanks for the replys. Kind of figured that would be the case. Guess the best thing to do at this point in time is to get some web templates and work from there.

•••
Originally posted by treatist
Thanks for the replys. Kind of figured that would be the case. Guess the best thing to do at this point in time is to get some web templates and work from there.

Righto.
What do most folks do when they come upon (or are forwarded to) a simple "search page"? However, if the site were even marginally developed with a logo and with some content relevant to what they'd expect to find there (and strategically listed in the S/E's) ... the chances are far greater that they may take the time to peruse through the site, bookmark or revisit it, and this could add credibility/value to the domain name over time, IMHO.
B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back