NameSilo

Screwed at RegisterFly

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Yesterday i tried to login to my account at RegisterFly and it came back username not found. So i tried a few times and it kept coming back the same. I then contacted customer services with this and they asked my password so i sent it to them and they replied telling me this was wrong which i know is BS. I then tried the password recovery to see if that would help well it didnt it sent out my username with extra digits added to it at the end but correct password.
So i then though ok login with this and see what it says i logged in and no domains were there.

I then contacted customer services again to tell them my situation i got the reply wrong password again. I told them this isnt right there isnt a problem on my end as i have my full details of my account saved to disk just incase as i have with all other accounts i have so my password is right.

I currently dont want to change anything to do with my domains i was wanting to buy one. I dont want to have to wait until they expire to register them elsewhere. Anyone else experienced anything like this or have any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
kev

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Contact user "regfly" here.

•••
This sounds like a risk related issue with your account. KPR I have sent you a PM for further info. Please reply and I can look into this for you

•••
Certainly is a risk issue especialy when the domains that are in it are sites developed and someone else it seems is now got access to it not me.

Thanks regfly fingers crossed we can get this sorted.

Problem solved dont know what happened but got my account back now thanks to regfly should have contacted you first.

anyway appreciated

Kev

Last edited:
•••
That happened to me once too-
I totally freaked out.
I was like you - i absoLUTEly knew my user/pass - and with 304 domains in there - it was a serious problem for me!

I wrote their customer support and received NO answer. But within about 3 hours it was all back to normal.

They're still better than some of the other registrars I've used.

•••
Was your computer on CAPS LOCK or NUMBER LOCK? If you know your password is right, then customer service is wrong.

•••
I had the same problem with another hosting account. The administrator probably typed in your e-mail address wrong. This way when you send for a password recovery, the new password would be sent to another account.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back