IT.COM

domains .Science soars to 10,000 registrations in three hours

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Famous Four Media launched the .Science top level domain name this morning, and registration activity has been brisk so far.

At roughly three hours after launch, 9,680 .science domain names have been registered. The company expects the number to top 10,000 within the next half hour.
Why is .science doing so well? It’s not all rocket science: some registrars are giving the domain names away free or cheap, spurring extra demand. Kind of like .casa and .work, why not try it out for a year?
Full Article: http://domainnamewire.com/2015/02/24/science-soars-to-10000-registrations-in-three-hours/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I got 7470 .sience names (mostly LLL.science premium letters combinations). Also got almost all the NNN.science (000 to 999)

Also got one words like dogs.science, traveling.science and amusing.science

How much money you spent on this?

I regged 10 free domains

Mechatronic.science
iScience.science
Textiles.science
Softwares.science

•••
I spent 0$, all free on first day

•••
I regged a few days ago some science domains (not more than 50).
After I double-checked my domains for trademark issues I found more than10!

I can really recommend to everyone that has a huge .science portfolio (mainly with science and technology terms) to double-check all terms for trademark issues.

Last edited:
•••
Where can i register free .science domains? I just registered 10 free .science domains with alpnames and it is limited to 10.

•••
Where can i register free .science domains? I just registered 10 free .science domains with alpnames and it is limited to 10.

register.science (must create a new account)
you can reg there another 10

•••
register.science (must create a new account)
you can reg there another 10

Can i create another account in my name?

I regged a few days ago some science domains (not more than 50).
After I double-checked my domains for trademark issues I found more than10!

I can really recommend to everyone that has a huge .science portfolio (mainly with science and technology terms) to double-check all terms for trademark issues.

Do i have TM problems if i register generic dictionary words?

•••
Last edited:
•••
I registered about 500 .science domains and will sell many at good prices, you can see the whole portfolio at Flippa under my same username. You can PM for details and special discounts to Namepros.

•••
Did any one created websites using .science domains?

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back