Dynadot

domains .Science soars to 10,000 registrations in three hours

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Famous Four Media launched the .Science top level domain name this morning, and registration activity has been brisk so far.

At roughly three hours after launch, 9,680 .science domain names have been registered. The company expects the number to top 10,000 within the next half hour.
Why is .science doing so well? It’s not all rocket science: some registrars are giving the domain names away free or cheap, spurring extra demand. Kind of like .casa and .work, why not try it out for a year?
Full Article: http://domainnamewire.com/2015/02/24/science-soars-to-10000-registrations-in-three-hours/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm very close to giving up right now. Tried bb(at)alpnames(dot)com, pl(at)alpnames(dot)com, and support(at)alpnames(dot)com but there's still no response from them.
Nevermind I just tried my own url and I get the same error message as you, here's how I log in, go to alpnames.com and log in, then you're redirected to index but seems like you're logged out, just change page and you will see that you are logged in top right corner, you'll see your username, mouseover it and you'll see a menu with My account, click that to access your domains manager

•••
Nevermind I just tried my own url and I get the same error message as you, here's how I log in, go to alpnames.com and log in, then you're redirected to index but seems like you're logged out, just change page and you will see that you are logged in top right corner, you'll see your username, mouseover it and you'll see a menu with My account, click that to access your domains manager

Didn't work bro.

•••
Stay away from that French site Namebay. The .science domains that I "bought" yesterday for free are still available when I do the look up. That's really "French". How can such company be a registrar? No confirmation emails, domains still available for registration. French!

Last edited:
•••
Stay away from that French site Namebay. The .science domains that I "bought" yesterday for free are still available when I do the look up. That's really "French". How can such company be a registrar? No confirmation emails, domains still available for registration. French!

First of all, namebay is an english expression. Second, that's some nice french racism you're doing there. I'm french and I don't see why a French company would suck because it's french. Please explain to me?

•••
First of all, Namebay is an english expression. Second, that's some nice french racism you're doing there. I'm french and I don't see why a French company would suck because it's french. Please explain to me?
When am I being racist? By calling a French company "French"? And what does a website/company name has to do with their quality? I can be called TheBestAmericanCorporation and still be the worst company in the world. All I am saying is that their website looks like shit and their service smells like shit too.

Btw. they have finally sent me some confirmation after almost two days of silence. but I am still UNABLE to see the domains in the domains list table in the control panel. I am unable to change the end date for the date range in the domain list. It's stuck at 01/01/2014. WTF?

I won't recommend this French company Namebay to anybody. I have had better experience with companies from Nigeria and Pakistan.

You can dislike my posts, but I am telling you the truth. Their translation of the interface in English is often missing. They asked for my day of birth and the place of my birth, which I haven't experienced anywhere else in the EU (except adult-related websites). Their confirmation emails are 2 days late (French!). Website navigation is prehistoric (aka pre 2000-like). And the saddest part is that they are no start-up and they have had plenty of time (15 years) to do/improve all of the above.

P.S. I am unable to change the date from 01/01/2014 to the current date or yesterday. http://imgur.com/5cJsmOx when I click on the calendar icon and select a different date, ie. current date aor a day or two before, it blinks and then go back to 01/01/2014 again. I cannot see my domains that I purchased. That's really bad. I see whois info correctly, but nothing in the admin panel.

Last edited:
•••
macromolecular.science

Last edited:
•••
When am I being racist? By calling a French company "French"? And what does a website/comapny name has to do with their quality? I can be called TheBestAmericanCorporation and still be the worst company in the world. All I am saying is that their website looks like shit and their service smells like shit too.

Btw. they have finally sent me some confirmation after almost two days of French silence. I won't recommend this French company to anybody. I have had better experience with companies from Nigeria and Pakistan.

You can dislike my posts, but I am telling you the truth. Their translation of the interface in English is often missing. They asked for my day of birth and the place of my birth, which I haven't experienced anywhere else in the EU (except adult-related websites). Their confirmation emails are 2 days late (French!). Website navigation is prehistoric (aka pre 2000-like). And the saddest part is that they are no start-up and they have had plenty of time (15 years) to do/improve all of the above.

P.S. I am unable to change the date from 01/01/2014 to the current date or yesterday. http://imgur.com/5cJsmOx when I click on the calendar icon and select a different date, ie. current date aor a day or two before, it blinks and then go back to 01/01/2014 again. I cannot see my domains that I purchased. That's really bad. I see whois info correctly, but nothing in the admin panel. French!

Another post full of racism and stupid arguments. You basically say that French people don't work a lot? How closed-mind is that? I can tell you I speak french and work at least 90 hours per week. Didnt know that racism was allowed on NamePros

•••
Another post full of racism and stupid arguments. You basically say that French people don't work a lot? How closed-mind is that? I can tell you I speak french and work at least 90 hours per week. Didn't know that racism was allowed on NamePros
I love many French things and I hate many French things. And stop accusing me of being racist. There is a big difference between bashing a 15 yo French company that behave like some 3 days start-up and being a racist. If you want to continue discussion about me being racist toward French, please, send me a PM, but I would rather prefer that you go to that French website namebay and switch to English and try to register. Then come back and tell me what have you experienced. Btw. the birth day and birth place are very sensitive information in my country, more than the address. There is no law in the EU, that says that you have to know the birthday and the birthplace of that person. Both are MANDATORY!!! on Namebay, which is really weird. I wouldn't be surprised if those guys were reselling this info to other 3rd parties. Maybe it's even in the EULA, I haven't read it. Btw. check how "many" of the documents are in English here https://www.namebay.com/Documents/

Last edited:
•••
I love many French things and I hate many French things. And stop accusing me of being racist. There is a big difference between bashing a 15 yo French company that behave like some 3 days start-up and being a racist. If you want to continue discussion about me being racist toward French, please, send me a PM, but I would rather prefer that you go to that French website namebay and switch to English and try to register. Then come back and tell me what have you experienced. Btw. the birth day and birth place are very sensitive information in my country, more than the address. There is no law in the EU, that says that you have to know the birthday and the birthplace of that person. Both are MANDATORY!!! on Namebay, which is really weird. I wouldn't be surprised if those guys were reselling this info to other 3rd parties. Maybe it's even in the EULA, I haven't read it. Btw. check how "many" of the documents are in English here https://www.namebay.com/Documents/

Maybe their system suck, I don't know, didnt try it. But you are saying that it sucks because it's a french company. That's the racism part. It's like I say some guy steals stuff because he's black.

•••
"But you are saying that it sucks because it's a french company."

I never said that. I said:

That's really "French".

Being French means being well mannered, sophisticated etc. and quotations suggest that the meaning of the word between them is the opposite. example: Betty thinks she is a "dancer". But her hips are stiff as a horny rabbit's ding dong.

Please, write me a PM if you want to continue arguing about my "racism". I think it's enough for this thread. Show your science domains instead.

Last edited:
•••
•••
"But you are saying that it sucks because it's a french company."

I never said that. I said:

That's really "French".

Being French means being well mannered, sophisticated etc. and quotations suggest that the meaning of the word between them is the opposite. example: Betty thinks she is a "dancer". But her hips are stiff as a horny rabbit's ding dong.

Please, write me a PM if you want to continue arguing about my "racism". I think it's enough for this thread. Show your science domains instead.

I got 7470 .sience names (mostly LLL.science premium letters combinations). Also got almost all the NNN.science (000 to 999)

Also got one words like dogs.science, traveling.science and amusing.science

•••
I got 7470 .sience names (mostly LLL.science premium letters combinations). Also got almost all the NNN.science (000 to 999)

Also got one words like dogs.science, traveling.science and amusing.science

That's a lot of .science! How long would you say it took you to register, set up parking + change nameservers on all of those?

•••
Registering at least 10 hours on the first day (when it was free) but I created my lists that I could copy/paste fast and did that all day long. Changing nameservers was fast alpnames has a bulk nameserver (changed all to Sedo). And putting them on Sedo was long because you can only add 100 max or their system lag out. Also everytime you need to wait like 2-3 minutes for Sedo to add them (page freeze). So it took another 3-4 hours. I could have sent them a excel list thought but I didnt want to wait. Let's hope I sell 1 or 2 :P

•••
Wow man, that's dedication! I hope it works out for you. With that many names it just may.

I only picked up a handful including 3dp.science

•••
Nice name! Yeah it was pretty fun actually, having the feeling to reg so many names for free is great. Let's see how it goes.

•••
holoapps.science
hologames.science

•••
Nice names brandnow, here's one I have that I like lol: hippopotamus.science

•••
I like hyperloop and exoskeleton a lot.

•••
•••
•••
As I mentioned in another post I had a sale on a .science... Final sale price was $300USD. Buyer was an academic in Europe.

I have approximately 500 .science registered currently.... some of my favorites include:
-baraminology - a pseudo science attempting to reconcile the bible with evolution.
-replication
-cryogenic
-advancedcomputer

And about 200 language/ethnic group.... it was one of these that sold

•••
As I mentioned in another post I had a sale on a .science... Final sale price was $300USD. Buyer was an academic in Europe.

Congrats!! Can you maybe share some details (where the domain was listed, if you reach out end users etc.)

Last edited:
•••
Contact was initiated by buyer from whois info... 2 or 3 emails to determine price.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back