IT.COM

Schumacher introduced an extension rating system

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
At the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. East conference in October, Schumacher introduced an extension rating system similar to the stock market’s Buy – Sell – Hold ratings. Schumacher currently has Buy ratings on .info, .us and other major ccTLDs and IDNs. He rates .com, .net and .eu as Holds (.eu was downgraded from a Buy rating in October). Schumacher advises selling .biz, .cc, .ws and .tv.

http://www.dnjournal.com/articles/events/domainfestglobal2007-page2.htm

I mean IDN's aren't a ext. but you get the point BUY !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think Schumacher shouldnt quit his day job (formula driver)

.com as "hold" LOL ... man that made me laugh

•••
ctc said:
I think Schumacher shouldnt quit his day job (formula driver)

.com as "hold" LOL ... man that made me laugh

I think you have to look at what he is saying a little differently , my interpretation of what he is saying is if you have good .com names Hold them

•••
thegenius1 said:
I think you have to look at what he is saying a little differently , my interpretation of what he is saying is if you have good .com names Hold them
That's exactly what he is saying, just as it applies to the stock market.

•••
Like the stock market rating system, Tim's rating system also takes future ROI into consideration. Buy ratings would go to stocks (or in this case domains) that the analyst believes are undervalued and will likely provide a higher return on investment going forward. Those rated hold would generally be considered assets that are fairly valued at current market prices and their future ROI may not be as high as for Buy candidates. .Coms are dominant but you also pay a premium for them so the ROI on your investment going forward may not be as high percentage wise as it could be for some other extensions that have a low cost of entry and potential for high appreciation. 3-letter .us are a good example of this. In the summer fo 2005 they could be picked up on the drops for reg fee. Today they run at least 15x more than that. A 1,500% ROI in 18 months is a reasonably good payout :)

Last edited:
•••
Oh, it's Tim Schumacher
CEO & Co-Founder, Sedo.com

I thought it was Schumi... hehe :p

•••
Duke said:
Like the stock market rating system, Tim's rating system also takes future ROI into consideration. Buy ratings would go to stocks (or in this case domains) that the analyst believes are undervalued and will likely provide a higher return on investment going forward. Those rated hold would generally be considered assets that are fairly valued at current market prices and their future ROI may not be as high as for Buy candidates. .Coms are dominant but you also pay a premium for them so the ROI on your investment going forward may not be as high percentage wise as it could be for some other extensions that have a low cost of entry and potential for high appreciation. 3-letter .us are a good example of this. In the summer fo 2005 they could be picked up on the drops for reg fee. Today they run at least 15x more than that. A 1,500% ROI in 18 months is a reasonably good payout :)
Duke, do you own any IDNs

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back