IT.COM

T.R.A.F.F.I.C Orlando Preview at DNJournal.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Our comprehensive review of last week's T.R.A.F.F.I.C. East 2008 conference at Disney World in Orlando has just been published at DNJournal.com. This edition of T.R.A.F.F.I.C. was different - and despite all of the past success this pioneering conference has enjoyed that is exactly what it needed to be. The formula that T.R.A.F.F.I.C. introduced when they staged the first major domain show in October 2004 is now being utilized by other promoters and with all of the competing shows spaced no more than 60 days apart "conference fatigue" has started to set in. To combat that, all of the promoters now have to find a way to stand out from the crowd.

Since they were the guys who started it all, it's not surprising that T.R.A.F.F.I.C. co-founders Rick Schwartz and Howard Neu are also the ones who decided to start forging a new path in Orlando in an effort to get ahead of the curve. For them, the bad news was that attendance at this show was down considerably from their February show in Las Vegas. The good news is that many people who went to Orlando will tell you that it was the most enjoyable conference they've ever attended. You can find out what generated the good reviews and see dozens of photos of your domain friends and associates here:
http://www.dnjournal.com/events/2008/traffic-east-orlando-review.htm

You will also want to check back early next week when we will be adding a special Photo Gallery to the report that will include dozens of additional photos (we are sorting through thousands of them right now.)

Also new at DN Journal this weekend is our preview of the upcoming Domainer Meeting Conference in Paris, France. The event, which will be held June 19-20 at the Hotel Le Meridien Montparnasse (the same hotel that will host the ICANN meeting in Paris June 22-26) was organized by EuroDNS.com and Oversee.net. To get the inside scoop on the upcoming event we got together with EuroDNS VP Freddy Schiwek and veteran European domainer Markus Schnermann of KeywordDomains.com who will be speaking at the conference. You can find out what they had to say here:
http://www.dnjournal.com/events/2008/domainer-meeting-preview.htm

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Reading this Duke shows how much Rick S. does do for this industry. I am also pleased to see many things on the burner to move domainers into other monetizing platforms than the traditional parking pages.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back