Domain Empire

Scam, spam or legit?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

edkerry

Account Suspended
Impact
I received a letter from ****@godaddy.com

They asked me to renew my name. I sent my login and password to this address. After 12 hours I lost access to my account. I see a new information in WHO IS.

My name is regeisterd to anotehr ****@yahoo.com address.

I tried to contact this person but without success.

What should I do. GoDaddy customer service doe snot respond.

May be I did something wrong and they rewarded mty domain to that person. Is this legit?

Please help!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddy will never ask for your username or password via email. Definately a scam and you should call Bob Parson or one of his employees asap. A domain does not expire/drop that quick! There is a deletion process as shown here: https://www.snapnames.com/deleteprocess.html Also you can check the domain creation date via any whois query, if the domain expired & dropped which is highly unlikely, the domain would show a creation date of the same day or day after you lost access to your account. Good Luck

•••
As a general thing, never give out your password even to a worker of the company via email. if they need to do somthing they will have acess or explane to you how to do it.

•••
edkerry, please consider telling us what your domain is. That way, none of us will get tricked into buying your stolen domain.

•••
yep . this is serious. wiil good to hear of developments. sorry edkerry about your lost name:(

•••
I had a similar thing happen where I sold 2 domainds and the next day they did a chargeback on paypal. I contacted godaddy and no help. My fault for not ensuring they were verified. Just be careful, lot's of scum out there.

•••
Thanks. I'll be carefull now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back