Domain Empire

Scam Appraisal E-mails

Spaceship
Watch

danimda

Established Member
Impact
Good Morning All.

Yesterday I was contacted by someone to purchase one of my domains. The Email address was strange as were the replies. Thanks to seeing Adam Dickers videos on Domain Sherpa, and Michael Cygers' advice I was prepared for such a situation :)

I would like to share this e-mail with the community and start paying it forward :)

Is this where I should post it? Also can I include the e-mail address of the sender or is it advised not to ?

Thank you :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks definitely appreciate that share in advance. You can post it on here. Also definitely include the sender's email since it is spam related will be important to know who the email is coming from. This will be great in case anyone else receives the same or similar email and we all avoid getting taken advantage of.

- Will

•••
So here it is guys. Please be careful with these people. I just clicked forward on all the replies and copied and pasted the whole discussion here. Kindly note I have replaced the domain in question with (my domain name) and removed my e-mail address.

The first email on top is the last e-mail received. So if you would like to read it properly start from the bottom and work your way up. I have split replies in different colors for easier reading.

Hope this helps anyone who receives the same type of e-mail.

Note : . have been replaced with [dot]
and @ have been replaced with [at]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Domain Broker<schlomo[dot]ac[dot]il[at]gmail[dot]com>
Date: Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 9:22 AM
Subject: Re: Offer to purchase (my domain name)
To: David <my email address>

We cannot order it. This service can be ordered by an owner only. They will verify you.You won't be able to sell he domain to my buyer without the certification.

At this moment he is going to buy a domain of another buyer. This buyer has already ordered the certification.

On 24.06.2015 12:03, David wrote:
Dear Sir,

If you or your client would like an independent appraisal you are more than welcome to get one.

If the appraisal is higher than I suggest that you purchase it independently and sell it to you client at a much higher price.

If you are new to the Sedo purchase process, I can help you with the step by step instructions.

Thank you.

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 8:57 AM, Domain Broker <schlomo[dot]ac[dot]il[at]gmail[dot]com> wrote:
My client can pay you a price in $75,000 - $95,000 range.

The exact figure will depend on the appraisal results (see below). Before we go further we need only one thing from you:
My client is a professional investor and he buys certified domains only.

If your domain has been certified, please email me the certificate and we will proceed with the sale. If you don’t have a certificate it’s not a problem. I may send you a link where you can obtain it. Please don’t worry. It takes 1-2 minutes to order it. The results will be sent to you within 24 hours. Then you send me the certificate via email and we’ll proceed with the sale

The certification includes the following:

1. Independent valuation of the market price. It will show your domain name is not overpriced. On the other hand if the valuation comes higher we will increase the price accordingly.

2. Trademark infringement verification. It proves your domain has no trademark problems.

3. Verification of the owner. It proves you are a legitimate owner and your domain has no any obligations and restrictions. I’m sure that you are a legitimate owner so it will be only a formality.

As a middleman I’m very interested in a good valuation part of this certificate because my client pays me a commission (10-15% of the sale price) on every domain purchase. So I’m not interested in a low price too.

You can read about the certificate agency at [link to some sort of verification site removed] (“Domain Broker” is my nickname).

The process is very easy:1. Go to the certificate agency site and order a certificate. Just submit your domains and let them know you have a buyer with $XX,XXX offer and need a valuation near this value. After several hours you will get the results. If the price in your certificate comes higher we will increase our offer accordingly.
2. Then send these results via email and we’ll proceed with the deal.

If you are new to the certification process, I can help you with the step by step instructions.

On 24.06.2015 11:49, David wrote:
Dear Mr. Greenberg,

For further information regarding pricing and other domains currently available for sale kindly visit our (link to my portfolio removed) on Sedo.

If you would like to discuss pricing and other information kindly send us an email through you business e-mail since we do not take offers sent from personal e-mail addresses seriously.

Thank you.

Kind Regards
David.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 10:04 PM, <schlomo[dot]ac[dot]il[at]gmail[dot]com> wrote:
Hello!

I represent an investor from Europe who would like to buy (my domain name) for a new project.

My client is a co-owner of several Internet companies.

Are you still interested in selling this domain?

If so, please reply back and we will negotiate the price and discuss the sale process.

I have regular meetings with many major domain investors.

If you have other names for sale, please email me the list.

Best Regards,

Shlomo Greenberg

Lawyer

96 Hanassi Avenue

Haifa

Israel

•••
I got one today too..yay!

Here was my response:

Thank you Shimon,

My client would be happy to see if a mutually agreeable price can be reached for the domain in question. The first step would be to get registered as an approved buyer. As my client only sells to pre-approved, and pre-qualified, buyers. To get that started, please provide at least three letters of recommendation from previous domain purchases, a bank letter of credit for no less than $50,000 US and a copy of incorporation articles (or similar). Once we have that information we will quickly move froward with investigation and verification. If there are no issues, that process is typically completed in less than a week. If approved we will then be able to start a negotiation and hopefully have a successful sale. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Name
Corporate Counsel

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back