Domain Empire

strategy Saw.com...."Dialing for Dollars" and "Smile and Dial"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
https://domainnamewire.com/?s=Saw

I just listened to Andrew Allemann's Podcast with Amanda Waltz and Jeffrey Gabriel. Together they recently formed Saw.com to buy and sell domains for the more sophisticated customer.

While they don't preach "outbound" sales strategy during their interview, they were quoted as saying, "Smile and Dial" and "Dialing for Dollars". Ironically, these were quotes that go back about 50 years when I owned a company called Credit Control, and believe it or not, the phone was around way back then:xf.wink: To add to the irony, a good friend and business peer has always said, "if you want a new good idea, read an old book"

The context in which Amanda and Jeff use these quotes is for the hiring and training of top notch "sales" talent to "sell" domains to end users. Back in the day, about 80% of our recoveries/collections were a result of "outbound" phone calls, and 20% a result of "snail mail". However, when you combine the two...Voila!

Amanda and Jeff have carved out an expertise in short one word domains like with Saw, Media, AI etc, but I'm sure that's just one side of their business model. Of the thousand plus domains I own, just a few brandable names have much value, but there is considerable value in the rest of my portfolio if I were to employ an "outbound" marketing strategy similar to the one I used 50 years ago.

I wish all the best for Amanda and Jeff, and if there is any way I can help, I'm just a phone call away(y)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back