IT.COM

SAV.COM failed on duty of care towards its customers: Stayaway from SAV COM !!

NameSilo
Watch

DomainRazor

Established Member
Impact
I lost lot of money and lot of domains BOTH.. yes BOTH! due to SAV.COM failure on duty of care towards its customers!!

SAV.COM has a very stupid way of letting it's customers requesting a refund on recently purchased domains … customers need to press “Delete” domain button … yes “DELETE” .. if customer qualify for a refund then great.. if not… that where the problem is…

if customer don’t qualify for a refund then customer loose BOTH customer's money and the domain.. yes.. domain will be GONE and they'll happy keep customer's money too!!!... what a great way to care about its customers 😡!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Check domain for delete grace period before deleting.
Mostly registrars offers 5 days delete grace period for newly registered .com domains.

•••
Mostly registrars offers 5 days delete grace period for newly registered .com domains.
whole point here is, there is no intention of DELETING my do0mains, all what I want was to request a refund.. if can't be refunded then I would happily keep the domain I just paid for.

•••
You have to check is eligible or not before deleting domains.

•••
You have to check is eligible or not before deleting domains.
sounds like you are hurt when I exposed about SAV.COM...

I'm talking hundreds of domains here.. there is no pragmatic process in place at SAV.COM to check "eligibility"..

As I said many times earlier, this is not about "deleting domains"... it's about SAV.COM's lack of duty of care towards its customers... leading its customers go down "domain DELETE" path..

in this information age, if SAV.COM do really care about its customers they could've easily show a button only if the domain is eligible for a refund preventing its customers falling into this death trap.

Last edited:
•••
Never used Sav , but this refund policy through a “delete” button sounds kinda weird.
They can change it in like 100 different ways.
Beside that, it’s better to check if domains are eligible for a refund before asking for one, don’t you think ?

•••

I'm talking hundreds of domains here.. there is no pragmatic process in place at SAV.COM to check "eligibility"..

As I said many times earlier, this is not about "deleting domains"... it's about SAV.COM's lack of duty of care towards its customers... leading its customers go down "domain DELETE" path..

in this information age, if SAV.COM do really care about its customers they could've easily show a button only if the domain is eligible for a refund preventing its customers falling into this death trap.

Why would a customer delete or request for refund for "hundreds" of domains he/she just registered? makes absolutely no sense. Unless the said customer is running some shady scheme.

•••
For the first place, it is a big question how can someone had registered lots of domains and feel it was wrong registrations. It is not registrar's duty to eat the lost of customer's wrong decision to register a domain. Even in Dynadot and other registrar's, there is a Grace period for wrong registration, but amount refunded only about 50% of the amount we paid, and not for all Tlds (especially not for the cheap ones like .store, .xyz). So we must think carefully before register alot of domains.

In my opinion, it is not 100% SAV problems..

•••
Why would a customer delete or request for refund for "hundreds" of domains he/she just registered? makes absolutely no sense. Unless the said customer is running some shady scheme.
This was spread across 3 years..

Good question, I'm glad you asked!.... this leads to another shady scheme SAV.COM is running ...
Few years ago, I placed regular weekly backorders with SAV.COM and SAV.COM failed to capture majority of those and I thought that was the end of it... I was wrong... without my explicit authority SAV.COM has been purchasing those domains year after year using my credit card SAV.COM had saved... so I was requesting refund of these unauthorised purchases.

•••
For the first place, it is a big question how can someone had registered lots of domains and feel it was wrong registrations. It is not registrar's duty to eat the lost of customer's wrong decision to register a domain. Even in Dynadot and other registrar's, there is a Grace period for wrong registration, but amount refunded only about 50% of the amount we paid, and not for all Tlds (especially not for the cheap ones like .store, .xyz). So we must think carefully before register alot of domains.

In my opinion, it is not 100% SAV problems..
Good question, I'm glad you asked!.... this leads to another shady scheme SAV.COM is running ...
Few years ago, I placed regular weekly backorders with SAV.COM and SAV.COM failed to capture majority of those and I thought that was the end of it... I was wrong... without my explicit authority SAV.COM has been purchasing those domains year after year using my credit card SAV.COM had saved... so I was requesting refund of these unauthorised purchases.

•••
Never used Sav , but this refund policy through a “delete” button sounds kinda weird.
They can change it in like 100 different ways.
Beside that, it’s better to check if domains are eligible for a refund before asking for one, don’t you think ?
exactly my point.. there should be a proper practical mechanism at SAV.COM to check refund eligibility of hundreds of domains ... a duty of care towards its customers .. rather than customers having to use the "domain DELETE" button as the mechanism of requesting a refund

•••
Domain delete option is available for all the domains of any age. You don't need any reason to delete your domain. Then, How would SAV know why you are deleting your domains, to stop you from doing so?

We have to check and know the eligibility criteria for refund before doing so then doing it based on assumptions. If not, When our assumption goes wrong we have to blame ourselves.

•••
Domain delete option is available for all the domains of any age. You don't need any reason to delete your domain. Then, How would SAV know why you are deleting your domains, to stop you from doing so?

We have to check and know the eligibility criteria for refund before doing so then doing it based on assumptions. If not, When our assumption goes wrong we have to blame ourselves.
@Leo2k : yet another SAV.COM ghost @NamePros .. it would be nice to if you disclose your affiliation with SAV.COM

•••
@Leo2k : yet another SAV.COM ghost @NamePros .. it would be nice to if you disclose your affiliation with SAV.COM
So you don't have any logical answer to the question I have asked and so trying the blame shame strategy 🙂.
I am not affiliated to Sav. Just saying that you should take ownership for your mistake. I know it's a loss for you but the mistake is on your side.

•••
So you don't have any logical answer to the question I have asked and so trying the blame shame strategy 🙂.
I am not affiliated to Sav. Just saying that you should take ownership for your mistake. I know it's a loss for you but the mistake is on your side.

mistake?? what mistake??

It doesn't seem either you have read what I've written or you simply don't care .. as it seems you are here to whitewash SAV.COM . anyway have a read again

--------------
I lost lot of money and lot of domains BOTH.. yes BOTH! due to SAV.COM failure on duty of care towards its customers!!

SAV.COM has a very stupid way of letting it's customers requesting a refund on recently purchased domains … customers need to press “Delete” domain button … yes “DELETE” .. if customer qualify for a refund then great.. if not… that where the problem is…

if customer don’t qualify for a refund then customer loose BOTH customer's money and the domain.. yes.. domain will be GONE and they'll happy keep customer's money too!!!... what a great way to care about its customers 😡!!!

this is not about "deleting domains"... it's about SAV.COM's lack of duty of care towards its customers... leading its customers go down "domain DELETE" path..

There is another shady scheme SAV.COM is running ... which is the root cause.

---------------------------

•••
Your beating a dead horse Razor.
Sounds fishy. Charging your card for years? Domain tasting?
Not affiliated with sav, wouldn’t touch them with a 10 foot virtual pole
Nick stiffed the domain brothers, I think he still has his badge. @Nick R
Yes he does. Do due dilligence dude
No sympathy from north of 49

•••

This is a misunderstanding on your part.

Here's how Sav backorder works:

When you backorder a domain name and it failed because some other service got the domain name, the domain name remains on file as a backorder.

In other words, Sav will attempt to get the domain name for you year after year until it succeeds. Or in perpetuity if it does not.

The only way to STOP this is by deleting all failed backorders immediately after the first failure.

Sav does NOT automatically delete failed backorders. It simply tries the following year.

It's a shitty system if you ask me but that's how Sav works.

Now, Go to "My backorders" in your Sav account and delete stale backorders you no longer wish to drop catch to avoid a repeat.

PLUS, consider deleting your credit card details from the platform.

•••

Why I am hurt. You are newbie I am telling you facts.

I register domains on dynadot and most of the registrars allow delete for refund within 5 days.

Anyway I am the fool to tell you how it's work.

•••
And delete refund is only for newly registered domains not for existing hundreds of domains.

I am specifically told you "Mostly registrars offer 5 days delete grace for newly registered domains."

where i backed sav.com.

this forum is for helping others not hurting others.

•••
In SAV you are eligible for a refund within 5 days, for the 10% of the domains you have registered in the specific domain extension, within the current month.
I understand that this may be complicated for some, but if you ask support they can answer you with certainty if you are eligible to be refunded for any specific domain.

My personal conclusion is that the majority or the registrars work like sh*t. (excluding Dyna+Spaceship)
So I rarely do anything without asking support first...

•••
You are only allowed to delete one recent reg per month and receive a refund. That policy should be listed in plain sight.

So if you hit delete after that one you will not receive a refund and as you stated the name disappears which is also a terrible policy. You should be forced to keep it in your account until expiration since you paid for it.

A refund on your buyers remorse items is not a guarantee anywhere. Most only allow 1 or 2 a month max. Your outrage is interesting considering you are acting irresponsibly by buying names you aren’t even sure you want to keep.

Domain names aren’t on a try it out basis. Don’t buy what you don’t intend to keep or are unsure about.

•••
•••
Here everyone almost told you same but you are replying us sav ghost bla bla...

Just go check profiles.

Your problem is only asking not listening others.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back