Domain Empire

Saudis object to 31 proposed TLDs "We don't want it"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

999names

Account Closed
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The Saudi government said:

The country is objecting to .islam because the applicant is a private company that "cannot represent the whole or even a majority of the worldwide Muslim community."

This is what i'm saying, that many of these new TLD applicants are just entrepreneurs trying to make money.

It is entirely possible that the .ISLAM applicant is really Jewish, and yet he spends money on MARKETING GIMMICK to project an image that he cares about Islam, for the sole purpose that ICANN would approve his application. Once, approved, all he cares about is selling domains. And perhaps, paying a third-party to SQUAT on domain names and resell them back to real Islamic end-users. Then they split the profit between the registry operator and the domainers.

•••
I totally agree that most of these applicants do not care and are business people. I really agree with you. My question is if some countries block certain tlds then how would this be an international thing, meaning if certain countries block .babe or .Girl then a legitimate business site can be blocked based on the whole tld in those countries so that would be a failure for that particular tld and for ICANN.

Exciting times ahead. I really believe these are historic times in the internet history.

Last edited:
•••
if some countries block certain tlds
We are there already.
Certain countries, like India, have vowed to blacklist .xxx completely.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back