Domain Empire

SATI.com, transfer cancelled by Sedo.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys
Regarding the following thread:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/sa...-2017-03-29-and-now-x-xxx-in-auction.1049854/
I want to share you the updated of that sale:
- First of all I am the winner of that domain, I didn't wish to mention that until I get some feedback and answers regarding that sale.
- I have sent a message to sati.com website asking if they really selling their domain, but with No respond.
- I have sent the following message to Sedo through transfer center:
" I have noticed that there is an active website on sati.com. I am afraid if the domain stolen.
Kindly advice."
But with No respond from them too.
- Today I have found in my Sedo account (transfer center) that the transfer of that domain has been cancelled by Sedo (without any explanation).
- I have left them a message informing about that cancellation, waiting for there respond.
Any feedback with thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There seems to be quite a bit of shady ops in the domain industry. I've got over 600 names spread between 3 registrars - well 2 really, as I've only got one name with GD. It's quite difficult to monitor all of them. Registrars say they will send you an alert if there is a dns change, but somehow this doesn't happen if they are moving the name without your knowledge.

I thought of setting up a cron job on each site to report at regular intervals. If there wasn't a report, then the receiving site could send me an alert. This doesn't help with names that are using 3rd party parking or sales sites though.

•••
That is really crap. It was a week long auction. Why didn't the seller close it down before it ended? Further, that Sedo woman had endorsed it. Not good enough...

I also purchased a domain at a Buy Now price at Sedo recently, but had the transaction cancelled with some lame excuse.

Then a few weeks later, the domain is at Sedo auction and I win the auction at more or less the same price as the Buy Now price. This time seller could not come up with an excuse.

I Feel your pain, I Binned an LLL.co.uk months ago on Sedo But when I went to check out and pay the domain Just disappeared so I re entered the domain in their search and guess what? By magic it had changed to make an offer with a much higher price Not sure if it was a mistake or tricky tech gymnastics . In any event I can understand errors happen BUT Sedo give us a Break you mean the buyer did not notice the error until auction ends? who sells a 6 figure domain without monitoring and also if the domain sold for 800 K I take the error would have corrected itself? something is not right with this the auction should have been cancelled much sooner due to error in listing as it ended with a winner the Buyer can legally challenge if they wanted to.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back