Dynadot

status-todo Sales thread "Bumps"

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Should there be any limitations on the amount of "Bumps" that are allowed on sales threads? We've all seen the threads where seller has had name listed for sale for 5+ months, and has six plus pages of nothing. No offers, no expressions of interest, no discussion at all... When new names are listed, these "sellers" quickly rush to bury new threads with yet another bump.

Not against the rules, I get it. Very annoying though. After six plus months, is a daily "bump" still really needed? What's the plan here? Is it just habit, or do they just not want anyone else's names getting any interest? In my experience, the more constant visibility a URL gets, the less everyone will want it.

Not trying to get anyone worked up. Just on my mind and thought it would be a good discussion.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have had this issue for a long time. You will have people with 10+ pages of bumps.
At some point enough is enough and it takes eyeballs off other domains.

Brad

•••
I believe there is a once every 24hr limit on bumping, a lot of newbies don't know that and just bump when they want. It does get annoying, I agree.

•••
I've always wondered if there is a direct correlation with bumps and the increase in views for someone's auction views like say Godaddy auctions or Sedo.

•••
I believe there is a once every 24hr limit on bumping, a lot of newbies don't know that and just bump when they want. It does get annoying, I agree.

Even with that rule, it just pollutes these forums having the same person bump a thread over and over for months or years. Look at the "Top Domains" section there are threads with 13,16,25 pages of bumps.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Should there be any limitations on the amount of "Bumps" that are allowed on sales threads?
Of course there should be, it's ridiculously out of control and should be limited to 10 or under.

Now, will there be limits set on 'Bumps' allowed..."HA..As-If!!" But we can always hope for such!

•••
They go 20 plus pages;

but unlike @Compassion ; who sold LLLL.com other goodies,20+ pages “bump

and it’s alsays the same SAME name!

Credit to your perseverance ... But cap at 20; especially for those who dont refresh inventory

The folks who sell LLLL.com deserve 100+ pages, Myytz,they get sales. I propose a rule; ONE sale in first 20 pages; unlock infinite pgs

it’s 20+ pages of the same name, same denial;
and worst to me is those still refuse price it. Delusional to the nth degree, insult to injury.

Last edited:
•••
Of course there should be, it's ridiculously out of control and should be limited to 10 or under.

Now, will there be limits set on 'Bumps' allowed..."HA..As-If!!" But we can always hope for such!

10 !!! This is hard-line stance.

i thought my “20 pages” was tough 😂

Obviously:Same DN for 20 pages is ridiculous.

GET ONE SALE IN FIRST 20 PAGE “bumps”maybe unlock 20 more, i’m nice; indefinite. — means they earned it. now; all you need’s vigor

They can sell the same name for 100 pages.
Since not allowed criticize, tough get around.
I propose my above rule amendments:

The mods enforce the rules: They have to think beyond — What makes more sense?
Have consideration for those us who see daily

@Bravo Mod Team @Echo Mod Team @Alfa Mod Team

Last edited:
•••
Its pretty silly, do these people have no self-restraint? The same thing occurs in discussion threads..

Personally when I open a sales thread I will give 4-5 bumps max over the course of a few days, if no interest I close the dam thing! Give her a go again another time, or maybe never.

I get that its possible the right buyer might only appear at a certain time, but if we all based bumping on this logic.. well can you imagine?

•••
Should there be any limitations on the amount of "Bumps" that are allowed on sales threads?
There will be a button soon to bump without creating a post.

That should help resolve most issues with a thread being bumped many times.

•••
•••
There will be a button soon to bump without creating a post.

That should help resolve most issues with a thread being bumped many times.

And please it would be great if there could be a timer on that Bump button which shows like how much time is left until one can bump again. That would keep people from over-using that button.

•••
And please it would be great if there could be a timer on that Bump button which shows like how much time is left until one can bump again. That would keep people from over-using that button.

Never thought of this.

i often “bump” less than 24 hours mistake.

•••
Back