Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanEwen

VIP Member
DNWE.com
Impact
Hey Everyone,

Finally joined NP.

If you have any questions about DNWE or Domain Manage feel free to shoot them below and i will try to answer them for you.

(I am the owner of DNWE, Domain Manage, Brandable UK & Flip UK)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey Everyone,

Finally joined NP.

If you have any questions about DNWE or Domain Manage feel free to shoot them below and i will try to answer them for you.

(I am the owner of DNWE, Domain Manage, Brandable UK & Flip UK)

Welcome Ryan.

•••
Welcome, Ryan!

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

What strategies and sources are you and your team going to use to find ultra-rare domain names that are available for purchase?

Excited to see what you do next!

•••
Welcome to NamePros and looking forward to learning more on your plans for DNWE!

•••
Have your hand in many pies, Ryan. Love it!
my favorite’s DNWE which you acquired recently.

Last edited:
•••
Have your hand in many pies, Ryan. Love it!
my favorite’s DNWE which you acquired recently.
Thanks very much - yes its all keeping me very busy - really excited about DNWE and releasing pro tools for pro investors!

•••
Last edited:
•••
Welcome, Ryan!

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

What strategies and sources are you and your team going to use to find ultra-rare domain names that are available for purchase?

Excited to see what you do next!
There are a couple of things we are doing in this area:

1) I personally see a lot of good deals - instead of buying them i am diverting them to DNWE
2) I have a lot of contacts who aren't aware of DNWE so i am making them aware
3) When i buy portfolios these often include some very rare domains which would benefit being listed on DNWE
4) I am working with a couple of big brokers and incentivising them to list on DNWE
5) I am looking at creating an affiliate scheme where people can benefit from recommending the platform to others
6) I am making other big buyers aware of the platform so they can come in and buy - if we drive up sales then more people will list

•••
Welcome Ryan. Good to see you here.

•••
Why waited so long?

How nice to have you here.

Show attachment 258797
People think i am an OG but in reality while i have bought a number of domains for work projects over the last 15 or 20 years (typically from end-users) i have only been a full time domainer since 2020 - and the last 18 months have had more of a focus on sorting distribution (creating platforms).

•••
Last edited:
•••
3) When i buy portfolios these often include some very rare domains which would benefit being listed on DNWE
This question comes up regularly on this forum: who is still buying domain portfolios on a regular basis? Can you tell us a little more about this, in the broadest sense, or as specifically as you wish?

•••
This question comes up regularly on this forum: who is still buying domain portfolios on a regular basis? Can you tell us a little more about this, in the broadest sense, or as specifically as you wish?

Regular buyers and sellers are buydomains, hugedomains, TeamInternet & Godaddy.

Then there are 5 to 8 individuals who buy for themselves or other companies (they dip in and out of the market) and then there is me.

On the parking side then above, bodis and parking crew are regular buyers and sellers. Monthly multiples vary but parking portfolios are sitting around 18x to 20x.

I will take a view on anything including websites, apps, social media - pretty much anything digital.

Last edited:
•••
Hello, Mr @RyanEwen , welcome to NamePros!

I am just a (slow) learner, cannot ask anything yet. But will be reading attemptively this whole thread, it's definitely a must learn, thanks for the opportunity!

•••
Hello, Mr @RyanEwen , welcome to NamePros!

I am just a (slow) learner, cannot ask anything yet. But will be reading attemptively this whole thread, it's definitely a must learn, thanks for the opportunity!
Thanks Maria - if anything needs further explanation don't hesitate to let me know and i will try to explain in more detail

•••
What would you suggest is the best way to liquidate portfolios of 1000-3000 names? Do you plan to offer portfolio sales on DNWE?

•••
I haven't used DNWE because the registration process requires 2 domain names for eligibility. I don't see the point in this. Are there any plans to remove that requirement?

•••
What would you suggest is the best way to liquidate portfolios of 1000-3000 names? Do you plan to offer portfolio sales on DNWE?
So couple of tips for portfolios

1) Make sure they are all with the same registrar - typically GD is preferred (so buyer can account push for free during transfer lock period)
2) If you have sales data that is a bonus
3) If they aren't listed on all platforms thats helpful as investors see some easy gains
4) GDV, DOTDB, DOB & Expiry are helpful and show investors you are serious
5) An up to date well styled spreadsheet shows you are serious
6) 60 days reg time left also shows you are serious and it is not a fire sale

1,000 to 3,000 is towards entry level for portfolios

Yes we are opening up portfolio listings on DNWE including the ability to auction them

•••
I haven't used DNWE because the registration process requires 2 domain names for eligibility. I don't see the point in this. Are there any plans to remove that requirement?
The reason we have this is essentially like a recaptcha so we can filter out the bot/automated applications.

The quality is irrelevant - we just like to know you are human

•••
Hello Mr.Ryan
In your opinion what type of domain is a Quantum Premium?

•••
Hello Mr.Ryan
In your opinion what type of domain is a Quantum Premium?
Hello,

I assume you mean ultra premium?

An ultra premium would be something rare, registered before 1996, has good data in terms of DOTDB & search potential coupled with being short, easy to pronounce, easy to remember and have the same meaning around the world like 'home' and not country specific like 'colour' versus 'color'.

Typically i would say dot com but there are also other domains that fit into this category where the SLD & TLD make sense - example charity-org or something like com-net (one of a kind collectibles)

•••
Do you tell your wife what you are doing?

•••
Do you tell your wife what you are doing?
I don't have a wife so don't need to hide anything :ROFL:

I do however run a family business so need to clear things with my 2 brothers which can be fun at times!

•••
•••
Welcome aboard Ryan

In a recent podcast, you mentioned that you bought a .com domain for marketplace. Has that been announced?
Same podcast where you talked about id.com

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back