Have you joined DNWE yet?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

jstenn13

UltraDomains.comEstablished Member
Impact
Hey guys, Josh here, one of the co-owners of DNWE.

DNWE stands for Domain Name Wholesale Exchange.

If you're not already familiar with DNWE let me give you a brief overview of what it is:

DNWE is a private wholesale marketplace where you can buy and sell domains at wholesale prices.

We have two different sections within the marketplace, Curated and Non-Curated.

Curated domains have been thoroughly reviewed and approved by the DNWE team for wholesale pricing and quality. They have our "stamp of approval" for being a decent to great quality name and at a good investment price.

Non-Curated domains have been directly listed by sellers without going through the review process.

New inventory is added to both of these sections each and every day. There are always great deals to be scooped up!

For our sellers, you can sell domains on our marketplace at 0% commission. Yep, that's right, we don't charge any commission! If you sell a domain for $500 then you'll receive $500 and not a penny less. We feel this is important because when liquidating names to recoup capital the last thing you want to do is have to pay commission.

We truly believe if you're a domain investor at any level you're missing out if you're not a DNWE member. We're the place to go to find the best deals (far cheaper than expired auctions these days...) and the easiest place to liquidate and sell your domains at wholesale (due to our big pool of buyers!).

DNWE charges a small membership fee, $14.99/mo or $149/yr, to help us keep the lights on but everyone that signs up gets a 5-day free trial to test things out and get familiar with the platform.

If you're not already a member please come join us by registering today. Visit https://dnwe.com to learn more about our wholesale platform and click on the blue "Apply" button to start your registration. After you're approved, simply log in and claim your 5-day free trial.

Thanks for reading, my partner and I hope to see you on the inside!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey Josh,

Just signed up and have a question on the curated pricing-- If your team see the pricing on a curated submission as inappropriate, are they coming back with something more suitable, or simply rejecting it?

Cheers.

•••
Hi Dan,

Thanks for joining! Great question. If your price is wayyyy above what we’d consider wholesale or liquid value we’re likely to just decline the submission for curated but you’re still able to then list is in non-curated. If we feel your price is high but still within the realm of wholesale value we’ll typically suggest and approve the domain with a modified price. At that point you can either choose to publish the domain at our lowered price in Curated or publish the domain at your original asking price in Non-Curated. Hope this helps!

Josh

•••
Nice. Glad to hear that Josh. Little bit of collaboration in the process.

Thanks!

•••
I like DNWE a lot, it's one of the sites that I visit the most because you never know when a gem is going to show up. I've got some great deals on there, and I've sold some names incredibly fast. I've found some stellar names to develop, too, which is why I got into this whole domaining thing in the first place.

As a buyer, it's nice to have that extra little confidence that comes from experienced people having vetted the name using data before I buy it.

As a seller, if nothing else, you can treat it like a VERY affordable appraisal service.

I recommend that everyone signs up to try it for at least a month, submit all your best names that you're looking to sell quickly, and if nothing else - you get a set of experienced eyes evaluating your names. Maybe you'll learn that some of your names arne't as hot as you think, or maybe you've got some hidden gems you didn't realize?

There are services that charge $20, $50+ per name to evaluate them, without any skin in the game. With DNWE, they want to keep the quality of their curated market high, so they have an incentive to be firm with their appraisals, which is what I want as a seller. For example I can submit 10 names that I like, only 1 gets approved, but it sells for my full asking price within MINUTES - with NO commission. True story, and it's happened more than once. When a name sells quickly there's that second where you think, "Maybe I should have charged more..." but that's silly, if you can get your full asking price right away, with 0% commission, what's not to love?

I wish I saw DNWE being talked about more, I'm about to become a free spokesman just so I have more names to browse haha.

This service is criminally underrated, and it becomes more and more valuable as more people sign up - so get on that, folks, at least give it a try.

Also, without disclosing anything, I know for a fact there are some SERIOUS buyers on here, at the risk of sounding cringe, "Titans of this industry." I imagine more of them aren't talking about it because they want to keep it as their little secret, this magical little place where they don't have to pay 5x as much for auction names.

^ Don't let those guys have all the fun, get on board.

•••
This is fantastic insight. Thanks!

I like DNWE a lot, it's one of the sites that I visit the most because you never know when a gem is going to show up. I've got some great deals on there, and I've sold some names incredibly fast. I've found some stellar names to develop, too, which is why I got into this whole domaining thing in the first place.

As a buyer, it's nice to have that extra little confidence that comes from experienced people having vetted the name using data before I buy it.

As a seller, if nothing else, you can treat it like a VERY affordable appraisal service.

I recommend that everyone signs up to try it for at least a month, submit all your best names that you're looking to sell quickly, and if nothing else - you get a set of experienced eyes evaluating your names. Maybe you'll learn that some of your names arne't as hot as you think, or maybe you've got some hidden gems you didn't realize?

There are services that charge $20, $50+ per name to evaluate them, without any skin in the game. With DNWE, they want to keep the quality of their curated market high, so they have an incentive to be firm with their appraisals, which is what I want as a seller. For example I can submit 10 names that I like, only 1 gets approved, but it sells for my full asking price within MINUTES - with NO commission. True story, and it's happened more than once. When a name sells quickly there's that second where you think, "Maybe I should have charged more..." but that's silly, if you can get your full asking price right away, with 0% commission, what's not to love?

I wish I saw DNWE being talked about more, I'm about to become a free spokesman just so I have more names to browse haha.

This service is criminally underrated, and it becomes more and more valuable as more people sign up - so get on that, folks, at least give it a try.

Also, without disclosing anything, I know for a fact there are some SERIOUS buyers on here, at the risk of sounding cringe, "Titans of this industry." I imagine more of them aren't talking about it because they want to keep it as their little secret, this magical little place where they don't have to pay 5x as much for auction names.

^ Don't let those guys have all the fun, get on board.

•••
I just subscribed and think it's an excellent platform. Easy to understand and very well organized. I do have two suggestions:

1) When people list a domain for sale, give them a "comments" box so they can provide information about the value of the domain which buyers might not otherwise be aware of. That might include traffic, whether there are websites at similar domains, and whether the domain is related to an up-and-coming technology or development project. You'd probably want to include a disclaimer saying you are not responsible for the truth of any info posted.

2) Add a box for .tv domains under the extensions people can select.

•••
How long are offers valid for? I have made an offer for a name, but your system does not say for how long it is valid.

Edit: Just got a reply from DNWE support. Seems like moving forward, offers will be valid for 48 hours.

Last edited:
•••
Hello :)
I joined 2 days ago and i'm still waiting for my account to be activated.

•••
Account activated, great platform, wonderful site.
Do you review all the nin curated domains automatically to decide to list it or not as curated ?
Best regards and thank you for the opportunity

•••
Please advertise DNWE better, I cannot find enough curated domains on the curated section. You need more marketing budget to attract more sellers. Educate the sellers on the fair wholesale prices.

•••
I signed up but I don't see where to claim my 5 day trial.

•••
Having to apply before I can see any inventory means I don't bother. I also wonder whether some users would prefer to pay a sales commission rather than a membership fee. I also wonder if there could be two account types - Buyer and Seller.

Hurdles n hoops

Last edited:
•••
Having to apply before I can see any inventory means I don't bother. I also wonder whether some users would prefer to pay a sales commission rather than a membership fee.

Hurdles n hoops

I think they have a free trial.

Yes, me! :) I think the old model was better: Sellers just paid the 9% sales commission, and that's it.

Now I have to pay the fixed membership fee. I calculated my total fees this month, and in the old model (9% commission only) I paid less fees than in this new monthly membership model. There is still 5% commission payable by buyers (Dan fees), not exactly commission free as they advertise it. I mean ok, sellers don't pay commission, but sellers still have to pay the fixed membership fee and buyers pay the fixed membership fee + the 5% Dan commission.

Unfortunately I won't renew my subscription because I could only buy a single domain in the current month, it isn't worth for me to pay the membership fee.

I would be happy to stay active on DNWE if I had to pay commission only, charged by sellers (So I liked the old model where sellers paid 9% commission and that't it).

Maybe charge a higher commission if 9% was too low for you to be profitable, but I don't like this membership model, sorry.

Between October 2020 and May 2021 I purchased 3 domains on DNWE (I was inactive from January 2021 to April 2021). I purchased 2 domains in the old model (commission only for sellers), and 1 domain during the membership model. Great domains indeed, but given the fact that I could only purchase 3 domains, the monthly fee is too high for me. Maybe I am too picky, I don't know.

But @D Haynes I know that I was able to take a free trial, so maybe it is still available for new users, I think just apply and you will see.

And I think the owners should be active here on Namepros!

Last edited:
•••
I think they have a free trial.

Yes, me! :) I think the old model was better: Sellers just paid the 9% sales commission, and that's it.

Now I have to pay the fixed membership fee. I calculated my total fees this month, and in the old model (9% commission only) I paid less fees than in this new monthly membership model. There is still 5% commission payable by buyers (Dan fees), not exactly commission free as they advertise it. I mean ok, sellers don't pay commission, but sellers still have to pay the fixed membership fee and buyers pay the fixed membership fee + the 5% Dan commission.

Unfortunately I won't renew my subscription because I could only buy a single domain in the current month, it isn't worth for me to pay the membership fee.

I would be happy to stay active on DNWE if I had to pay commission only, charged by sellers (So I liked the old model where sellers paid 9% commission and that't it).

Maybe charge a higher commission if 9% was too low for you to be profitable, but I don't like this membership model, sorry.

Between October 2020 and May 2021 I purchased 3 domains on DNWE (I was inactive from January 2021 to April 2021). I purchased 2 domains in the old model (commission only for sellers), and 1 domain during the membership model. Great domains indeed, but given the fact that I could only purchase 3 domains, the monthly fee is too high for me. Maybe I am too picky, I don't know.

But @D Haynes I know that I was able to take a free trial, so maybe it is still available for new users, I think just apply and you will see.

And I think the owners should be active here on Namepros!
Thanks for the info!

Thats what I suspected (that it's more expensive to pay the monthly fee than the commission).

I'm sure that applying is quick and easy but I want to just see what's available before I go through that and potentially waste my time.

•••
Thanks for the info!

Thats what I suspected (that it's more expensive to pay the monthly fee than the commission).

I'm sure that applying is quick and easy but I want to just see what's available before I go through that and potentially waste my time.

It's only open to domain investors, that's why you need to apply, it's a closed marketplace.

Which is a good thing, because end users shouldn't see these wholesale prices.

•••
It's only open to domain investors, that's why you need to apply, it's a closed marketplace.

Which is a good thing, because end users shouldn't see these wholesale prices.
Ahhh OK well that does make more sense. How do you prove your an investor?

•••
Ahhh OK well that does make more sense. How do you prove your an investor?

You need to submit your best 2 domains for sale during the registration. Make sure that these domains have a landing page which proves that you are selling these domains.

Last edited:
•••
@Josh R @jstenn13
i joined DNWE last week,

the curated Domains is low in number,
seem that they don't review domains anymore

anyone involved in the project would take 5 minutes to update us on DNWE
How many time per week do you review new domains??

•••
Hi @UncleBrand, happy to have you as a member.

You're right, the Curated domains number is currently low. It goes in waves, high or low, depending on the current domain market and the quality of domains that are getting listed on DNWE. Also, oftentimes there are quality domains that are listed but they're just priced well above what would be considered liquid so unfortunately, we can't tag those as Curated. In order for us to tag a name as Curated the name needs to be of not just a good enough quality but also priced within the realm of liquid value, not way above it. We'll often suggest lower prices for Curated selections but it's then up to the seller if they want to actually have the name tagged as Curated at that lower price or if they'd prefer to keep it in the regular marketplace at the price of their choosing. To answer your question about how frequently we look through the active listings, we do pretty frequently but it's only occasionally that we find new names that we actually tag as Curated. Just today though we did tag three more names as Curated.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Josh Schoen
DNWE

•••
thanks for your answer Josh @jstenn13

you said: " We'll often suggest lower prices for Curated selections but it's then up to the seller if they want to actually have the name tagged as Curated at that lower price or if they'd prefer to keep it in the regular marketplace at the price of their choosing."

does that mean that we can expect an email/message or suggestion, when we submit domains names that could meet the Curated status at a lower price?

or you only send an email when the "Curated Status" is relevant and the name is priced above wholesale price?

thanks to provide some insights,
as there is no real video tutorial covering the process for Curated domains

Last edited:
•••
Hi @UncleBrand,

Great questions. So, if we're scanning through all of the active listings on the marketplace and we see that a domain is of good enough quality for our Curated section but the price is a bit too high to be considered wholesale we'll tag it as pending Curated but with a suggested lower price. At this point, the domain won't yet be Curated because the seller will have to accept the reduced price or choose to just leave the name where it is at its current price. The seller will get an email letting them know that they have a pending Curated listing. They'll then have to go into their Sell section and to Listed Domains where they'll see the pending change listed by the domain in question. Here they can either Accept the price change and the domain will be tagged as Curated right away or do nothing and leave it as-is. Hope this process makes sense.

We're currently in the process of updating our knowledge base with better descriptions, videos, and tutorials of everything within the platform.

Best,

Josh Schoen
DNWE

Last edited:
•••
appreciate that you took the time to clarify the process Josh

now lets submit some more
and i saw a few good buys

regards
Hal

•••
Hi Josh,

i tried to start some auctions,
but something is missing
in the label to submit an auction we read " to proceed click Begin Auction"
there is no "Begin Auction" button

i saw the auction is in beta test,
is it available to all accounts?

thanks
Hal

•••
Could someone sign up with the intention of buying only through your service?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back