Dynadot

* Directory RoofCompanies.com for sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am an Australian-based domain name owner and website developer. I operate the established websites Sydney.com.au and KidsNames.com, among others. I own the domain RoofCompanies.com. Some years ago a US client approached me and asked me to develop RoofCompanies.com for him, which I did. After ploughing a lot of work into developing the site he then backed away and left me holding the baby, so to speak. The website was developed as a directory of roofing companies and contractors in each US state and major city/town. There are thousands of listings already on the site and I believe I covered most major cities and larger towns in the US. The business model was to approach the roofing companies and contractors listed on the website using a call-centre sales force and getting them to agree to a small annual fee to remain on the website. I agreed to do the development of the site because I thought it was a good, workable business model - if even 10% of the listings could be converted to paid listings, at an annual listing fee 0f between $US49 and $US99, the revenue generated would be significant. This is a venture that could be taken up by someone who knows how to set up a call-centre of staff who are prepared to work on a commission basis. It would not require any real capital outlay to get up and running.

I'm not interested in commercially developing this website as I have too many other projects that I'm involved with. Also, I'm not based in the US, which rules out commercial development as a proposition for me. For someone based in the US this would be a different matter.

I put a lot of hours into developing this site and development costs ended up running to more than $US4000. I recouped some of this in progress payments but not enough to justify the amount of time and effort I put in. If someone is interested in the website and domain I'd be willing to sell the package for $US2000, but not a penny less. If someone is interested, please give me a hoy.

If you are interested, I suggest you look at the depth of listings on the site (which could be increased significantly through further website development) and do the math on what you think you could charge for each annual listing, and what you think the conversion rate could be.
Cheers
Rod

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So how much are you asking for the site?

•••
So how much are you asking for the site?
His post says "I'd be willing to sell the package for $US2000, but not a penny less. "

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back