Dynadot

Ridiculous Requirements to change my email address in my contact information

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

goldey

Established Member
Impact
I am very upset dealing with the registrar Whois.com. I have been using mainly Moniker and Register4Less for the past 18 years, but I started using Whois.com when they had a big sale a couple years ago, and now I have 52 domains registered with them. I recently changed my email address, and I do not have access to my old email address which I used when I registered all the domains I own. The other 5 registrars I deal with just showed me how to go in and bulk change the contact information, it took about 1 minute. Then I just confirmed the change via email that was sent to my new email address. But Whois.com is making me jump through ridiculous hoops just to change my email address. They have a form I have to fill out and scan and send back to them. They ask for the domain name on the form, but I am unclear if I have to fill out 52 separate copies of the form, one for each domain. I have to send in a scan of my ID to prove who I am, and also a scan of my company information -- but I don't have a company, I am just a private domain owner. Their support takes a week or more to answer. Have any of you had any problems with Whois.com? They have great prices, which is why I started using them, but I guess I should have known better than to use a registrar in a foreign country. I am not going to use them any more, and would like to transfer my domains out of there when they become due for renewal, but I don't know if they will let me. Any advice?? thanks much --

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back