Dynadot

Rick turns $70 into $750K

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The information being made up here and now elsewhere is not accurate. I did not sell Telcom.com. I don't and never have owned that domain. The domain I sold will be announced in 1-2 weeks.

Just want to set the record straight.

Thank you!

•••
You guys should be more greatful of the trail blazing Rick has done for you and me.

Not one domainer in this forum that I know has moved mountains in the domain world like Rick has. Sure I have great respect for many, like Ron at Dnj and others who are doing great things for this business, but I will bet they will all say "we owe alot to Rick".

Rick is a maverick. He has the money to say whatever needs to be said, what I think pisses off some is his high flying lifestlye is better than theirs. Well that is why we are in this business right, money?

Man, you enjoy that cruise Rick, you sure the hell earned it. Thanks for showing us, we too may have money to burn if we are mavericks and work our asses off too like you did for thirty years domaining.

Most of all Rick, thank you for doing something not one domainer in this forum has the balls or the power and energy to do. Slap the parking providers in the face about parking stats and forcing parking companies to have transparency. Well they won't cave that easily, but your efforts to have the whole theme of the next Traffic show to be 'TRANSPARENCY" is a milestone for domainers.

He has fought harder for domainers than anyone I know and he is doing this for you and me. We are so stupid to keep going along with this system of taking the crumbs parking companies give us. Most have the attitude we will let them ream us and we can do nothing.

Not Rick Swchartz. Thank you Rick!

It may be a way off, but what he is doing will benefit every single domainer who parked names. The effect will be much more money in your and my pockets.

Maybe we too can burn some money too as his actions in pushing this envelope of "transparency" we will not just be getting a penny on every dollar earned thur the parking of our names.

You are a idiot if you think Rick could not make millions starting all over with nothing.

Thats like saying Warren Buffet could never make millions in todays market if he had to start over, lol the guy is a genius at what he does and if Warren had $500., he would be rich in a couple years.

Last edited:
•••
Yofie said:
I do think Rick has done Wonders for all domainers, but others have as well. I don't see Frank S. or Ron J. or Monte talking about there money all the time. I just don't get the fact that he is always talking about his money and yapping about his 5,000 sq ft suite... Who cares if you are staying in the engine room! :)

I guess it just bugs me when people talk about the money they have.... It's not very classy IMO.
Rick likes to show off for sure :)
I still think that in terms of exposure he has done a lot for the industry and we benefit from the growing awareness.

Now I also know of a few successful domainers who have top portfolios like him but most prefer to remain in the shadows :hehe:

•••
Rich the Legend, Rich the pioneer...... All the guy talks about is his money.. Blah blah... It makes me sick! :alien:

•••
Rick Schwartz said:
The information being made up here and now elsewhere is not accurate. I did not sell Telcom.com. I don't and never have owned that domain. The domain I sold will be announced in 1-2 weeks.

Thank you!

just wanted to be the first to...........

:snaphappy: :sold:

welcome leg-end

•••
I can truthfully and honestly say that Rick Schwartz did not sell Telecom.com or was it not Telcom.com , he sold ---------- + many others.

Interesting his first post after joining nearly one year ago is to say he did not do something. :gl:

Last edited:
•••
nrmillions said:
A lot of names regged in the 90s for $70 or even for free are worth six figures now. The hard thing to do would be to reg a name right now in 2008 for $7 and have it sell to an enduser for $700k.

Yes, just what I was thinking. :)

-AAE- said:
Wow.

Im wondering what name he sold :D

Will be out in this week's Dnjournal.

Rick Schwartz said:

Thank you!

I cannot imagine the no'of pm's you have now. :)

•••
•••
A lot of names regged in the 90s for $70 or even for free are worth six figures now. The hard thing to do would be to reg a name right now in 2008 for $7 and have it sell to an enduser for $700k.

•••
nrmillions said:

Absolutely. All the great names are gone. :imho:

•••
Wow.

•••
domainer50 said:
Absolutely. All the great names are gone. :imho:

Wrong. Not name pairs.

Actually.

•••
I wonder how well he'd do today starting with little $$$$ ?

Would he be bale to achieve anywhere near the success he has today ?

Not as easy as it was back then for someone who knew about domains.

•••
He certainly thinks a lot of himself, he should share the wealth ...LOL...

•••
If you read the whole article via his READ link, there is some *important* stuff there.

•••
he is very intelligent as he saw the future of domain names
besides, theres another thing he realized... money comes if you have patient and if you know the right time to sell (sometimes you have to wait, sometimes you do not)

VirusDetails.com said:

i agree with you... today is much more difficult to achieve such success because we have more domainers, the internet is more used and all these generic names are reg'd but those who have LLL.com and LLLL.com and wait as he did (10 yeras) will have a great profit (not like his) as well

but today who want to wait for 10 years?
most of people here want a 1,000,000% in a week :lol:

•••
Next week or the week after DNJournal will report on a domain sale I inked yesterday. The domain sold for $750,000 to the end user. A domain I registered in 1997. So not a bad return. $70 or $100 turns into $750k. in 10 years. More details to follow. What I can say is this will be a VERY high profile domain and used by a true pioneer of the Internet. Their site up before I even bought my first domain name in 1995.

Guess we'll find out the domain name ... and transaction / End user details soon enough! :gl:

I am on the 8th day of a 9 day cruise. Most cabins on a ship are about 200sq. ft. The cabin I am in is 5300 sq. ft. Complete with private swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi. The butler brings breakfast at 8:30 and the concierge takes care of all the daily arrangements. This is the 2nd time in the last 12 months I have taken the same cruise and same suite. It just doesn't get much better.

Yah, yah ... enjoy the suite and cruise! :zzz:

-Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
VirusDetails.com said:

Of course he could'nt - but that's what makes him great, he figured it out long before most people did :hehe: Timing is everything.

-AAE- said:
Wow.

From seeing a recent list of domains he was selling I'm guessing it is a 4 letter word that begins with....* :blink: or maybe a 2 letter one?

....We'll soon find out though :)

Last edited:
•••
goodkarmaco said:
You guys should be more greatful of the trail blazing Rick has done for you and me.

Not one domainer in this forum that I know has moved mountains in the domain world like Rick has. Sure I have great respect for many, like Ron at Dnj and others who are doing great things for this business, but I will bet they will all say "we owe alot to Rick".

Rick is a maverick. He has the money to say whatever needs to be said, what I think pisses off some is his high flying lifestlye is better than theirs. Well that is why we are in this business right, money?

Man, you enjoy that cruise Rick, you sure the hell earned it. Thanks for showing us, we too may have money to burn if we are mavericks and work our asses off too like you did for thirty years domaining.

Most of all Rick, thank you for doing something not one domainer in this forum has the balls or the power and energy to do. Slap the parking providers in the face about parking stats and forcing parking companies to have transparency. Well they won't cave that easily, but your efforts to have the whole theme of the next Traffic show to be 'TRANSPARENCY" is a milestone for domainers.

He has fought harder for domainers than anyone I know and he is doing this for you and me. We are so stupid to keep going along with this system of taking the crumbs parking companies give us. Most have the attitude we will let them ream us and we can do nothing.

Not Rick Swchartz. Thank you Rick!

It may be a way off, but what he is doing will benefit every single domainer who parked names. The effect will be much more money in your and my pockets.

Maybe we too can burn some money too as his actions in pushing this envelope of "transparency" we will not just be getting a penny on every dollar earned thur the parking of our names.

You are a idiot if you think Rick could not make millions starting all over with nothing.

Thats like saying Warren Buffet could never make millions in todays market if he had to start over, lol the guy is a genius at what he does and if Warren had $500., he would be rich in a couple years.

good post, a lot of people don't like rick because they think it is easy to sell domains registered in that time frame for big money which is true, you can still sell hand registered domains today for 5-10k if not better but it is getting harder, I give credit to rick for predicting the future of domains while others including myself were late to the game or didn't realize their full potential.

•••
SpareDomains said:
you can still sell hand registered domains today for 5-10k if not better but it is getting harder, .

Wayyyyy Harder. :)

•••
domainer50 said:
Wayyyyy Harder. :)

no argument there, lots of competition these days
:hehe:

•••
And he has maintained his modesty :laugh:

I have also seen a lot of people turn $750K on to $70 so he gets credit for getting in there at the right time.

I think you will see a few of the first IDN 'ers in exactly the same position in the coming years - mega bucks - mega sales. :$:

•••
SpareDomains said:
no argument there, lots of competition these days
:hehe:

Very much so. And so many of the good and great names are regged up

•••
wot said:
I think you will see a few of the first IDN 'ers in exactly the same position in the coming years - mega bucks - mega sales. :$:
i agree with you wot

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back