IT.COM

advice Rick Schwartz Talks About Domain Investing

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
What you sell and how you sell and to whom you sell may make a huge difference in your life and your lifetime earnings. Waiters and waitresses make a lot more money at Capital Grille than the same waiters and waitresses at Denny's. Not only that, they work harder at Denny's and get paid much less.
Rule #1 in domaining: DON'T QUIT YOUR DAY JOB!! The day job is what funds your new purchases until you can fly. Imagine a plane trying to take off at 50mph, it's gonna crash each and every time! Keep the cash flowing in from another source until you reach speed to fly and then cruising altitude. Put yourself in a position not to be so weak that you have to accept bad offers on your best names! This is not rocket science. This is having a map, a plan and a goal and sticking to it. Pick a direction and go....
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domaining 101.jpg

•••
Great read, and I agree, work your day time job to keep your cash flowing in, keep your eyes on the prize. But don’t bet the house on it.

•••
That's nice and all. But, if you don't have quality domains no amount of motivational speeches are going to help. That's the point domainers miss.

•••
That's nice and all. But, if you don't have quality domains no amount of motivational speeches are going to help. That's the point domainers miss.

Good point, but on the flip side, only a small percentage of domainers have the capital to invest in names at the auction houses and ect, at least on weekly basis any way.

Many-many domainers are doing the very best they can, with what capital they have. Many sell cheap because they are trying to build capital to re-invest in better inventory. Rick makes a good point, but I think we have to respect each other no matter our financial situation, and that respect will build a bigger and better industry IMO

•••
I have huge respect for Mr. Rick because his wife is romanian ...nope i have a huge respect for Rick because help me few time's with some advice's , problem is a i am romanian & big deal's are made in USA
Struggle few times & have good domains some are very very good domains even that are not .com . Point is you need to have connections a blockchain in domain names business to make big sale at least xxxxx ( not thinking millions ) + if your daily job is arround max. 10$/day ( my job ) hard to invest in good domains - need to eat first....but keep going in domain buisness

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back