Dynadot

sales Rick Schwartz Gambles $4K on HugeDomains.com portfolio buy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good for Rick...he should acquire one or two of my covid/cornona names! I've sold a few but still have the best ones (turned down an offer for one...lowball...from a large international medical test manufacturing company early on).

ADD: The name he picked up is getting alot of stir at the moment...I am curious to see if he develops it or if has/had a buyer in mind.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I've seen Flurona mentioned in the news this week, as the strain has been discovered in the USA, so there is value in the dot-Com.

Will Rick get a profit above $3995, I believe so. Big Pharma is breaking records in revenues the last 2 years. In Q3 2021 Pfizer earned around $15bn on vax treatments alone!

If Flurona spreads and overtakes the public conversation on Delta and Omicron variants, Schwartz could easily get his investment back before the end of the year. If not, $4K is pennies a tax write-off for Rick.

The real question: Can Rick get the sort of price he demands for domains?

Most domains Rick mentions selling on his blog and Twitter, are URLs he owned before 2012. I'd like to see what sort of sells he has for domains he purchased after 2010.

•••
I bet many people were looking at that name on HD but didn't pull the trigger

•••
Target traffic game it is about cpc.

Last edited:
•••
Being from the UK, i've never heard of the term, I'm not sure about the domain personally, but $4k isn't really much of a gamble for Rick.

Thinking about it, we are (hopefully) at the final stage of the pandemic now and if we are lucky new variants may be like Omicron or weaker (could go either way though). If that is the case, the world will live with corona like the flu so it does make sense that way.

But i struggle to see the end-user use. Influenza is a long word so 'flu' is short for that, 'flu-rona' isn't short for 'corona', it is actually longer and 'corona' is short 'coronavirus', so i just think corona will stick ie "i've got corona" or "i've got 'the rona'" no one is going to say "i've got flurona" in the same way they don't say "i've got flucold" but even if 'flurona' becomes a thing, again who is going to buy it?

Last edited:
•••
He could have gotten a decent vr or xr name for that!

•••
Who is the end user for this?

•••
•••
•••
Sounds like another buzzword by media to attempt to keep the covid stuff alive.

•••
Registered in June. Interesting. Also, virusdebt.com registered early on (3/20). Suspect or great speculation? Methinks something smells fishy. Pelosi kinda fishy. Has there ever been a cov1d names showcase on NP I might have missed? I didn't catch it in a search. Where can they be marketed?

•••
Registered in June. Interesting. Also, virusdebt.com registered early on (3/20). Suspect or great speculation? Methinks something smells fishy. Pelosi kinda fishy. Has there ever been a cov1d names showcase on NP I might have missed? I didn't catch it in a search. Where can they be marketed?
Probably not, because at the time that Rona was an emerging threat to the world, a bunch of people, with arbitrary pressure from world government bodies and implemented by platforms decided it was unethical or would lead to medical misinformation. It wasn't really and didn't prevent it one jot of it, but they pretended it was and would. But I guess now the same people forgot, so it isn't anymore.

•••
Who is the end user for this?

Obviously Rick Schwartz himself.
The best he can do with (t)his domain name now is to use it in a way which helps to expose the fake coronavirus pandemic.
As long as he uses it in such a way, I wish him all possible revenue with it - otherwise not.

Sounds like another buzzword by media to attempt to keep the covid stuff alive.

Exactly.
I registered the top version of it, it already works as a forwarder.
May it help to destroy the (so called) illuminati a bit more.

•••
Probably not, because at the time that Rona was an emerging threat to the world, a bunch of people, with arbitrary pressure from world government bodies and implemented by platforms decided it was unethical or would lead to medical misinformation. It wasn't really and didn't prevent it one jot of it, but they pretended it was and would. But I guess now the same people forgot, so it isn't anymore.
So what you're saying is that you can dance around it but you just can't use the 'v' word?

Last edited:
•••
My Lord this so boring :) It will become a flu, pretty much already has. Now investigate how it began.

•••
I've seen Flurona mentioned in the news this week, as the strain has been discovered in the USA, so there is value in the dot-Com.
It's not a strain, just a made-up mash of the words influenza and corona. If one happens to be afflicted by them both. But not a bad domain actually.

if 'flurona' becomes a thing, again who is going to buy it?
Someone looking not to miss out on someone looking to rebuy it. Some long term development potential though if the covid sticks around for a few more years and the term becomes legitimate. I would capitalize on it sooner than later, else it goes the way of covfefe.

•••
It's not a strain, just a made-up mash of the words influenza and corona. If one happens to be afflicted by them both. But not a bad domain actually.

Someone looking not to miss out on someone looking to rebuy it. Some long term development potential though if the covid sticks around for a few more years and the term becomes legitimate. I would capitalize on it sooner than later, else it goes the way of covfefe.

I've seen it in the news myself today, i highly doubt it will have widespread useage though.

Worth a shot though i guess, that's what domain investing is all about (speculation) so good luck to him with it.

•••
How would one capitalize on it? Maybe many of the legitimate opportunities that were restricted due to a stifling of capitalism under the guise of general protection(?) could be pursued via flurona/variants. Pun allowed.

•••
How would one capitalize on it? Maybe many of the legitimate opportunities that were restricted due to a stifling of capitalism under the guise of general protection(?) could be pursued via flurona/variants. Pun allowed.
Well since it isn't an officially coined term by the medical community I don't see it becoming in danger of being restricted like the covid names were in case of misinformation. Capitalize while the name is relevant, in the form of quick resale, or development geared towards medical supplies, key clinical data, or just general authoritative information.

Folks are looking for solutions during this pandemic, and while now we've learned there may not be a "cure-all" due to the variants at least there is enough data out there to point us towards the right direction. At least I hope the direction is right.. really confusing at times but that's a different topic.

Being afflicted with both the flu and the corona may not be common place at the moment and maybe never will be, but if it does than an exact match name with a trusted site might be considered a form of capitalization. Even for a non-profit. Cue the dot-org. :P

Good DN investing is like a pre-emptive strike on wrong names, the good ones get taken early.

•••
•••
•••
the term "flurona" peaked in popularity around the time he bought it and proceeded to mostly die. thoughts?

rick wants $15k

flurona.png

Last edited:
•••
That's a gamble for Rick???

I'd say renewing his huge portfolio of shitnames every year is a much bigger gamble...

https://robbiesblog.com/domain-names-owned-by-rick-schwartz/6962

88vanitynumbers.com
4livecams.com
alinalovesrick.com xD lmfao get real man! He's got some nice domains I know that, but it's not hard to find a handful to laugh at, guess I'd do the same if I had made tens of millions of simple virtual investments like domains, sheesh..

Good luck to everyone!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back