IT.COM

Review Minisite alternatives to parking

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I've been working on two hosted minisites as an alternative to traditional parking. Thought I would see what people think of the templates.

Browns Gear - This is a free commercial template that I tweaked to fit the necessary elements. Focus is Cleveland Browns football merchandise.

Big Game Seats - This template was created from scratch. Focus is on sports tickets.

The goal of both is to create hosted pages that incorporate affiliate links, standard size banners, adsense and other features/scripts/feeds/widgets related to the domain keywords.

Any input or advice is appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Timmy11B said:
Quick update: I've reworked the original template (brownsgear .com). I tweaked an existing wordpress theme. I also integrated affiliate datafeeds through GoldenCan. A couple important notes for others doing similar minisites - always include a sitemap and a privacy policy!

WOW.... That looks awesome!! Great Job!!

•••
Thanks, NPKJB.

For those of you also using wordpress themes to develop minisites for the first time, here are a few additional tips:
1)Be sure to edit the header.php file to include accurate meta and title tag information for your site
2)Create a sitemap.xml file (freesitemapgenerator.com), drop it in your root directory and then be sure to get it to google and yahoo.
3)Don't forget to create a robots.txt file and put it in your root directory

Taking advantage of Googles Webmaster tools is key (analytics, gadgets, sitemaps, etc.).

•••
Timmy11B said:
Thanks, NPKJB.

For those of you also using wordpress themes to develop minisites for the first time, here are a few additional tips:
1)Be sure to edit the header.php file to include accurate meta and title tag information for your site
2)Create a sitemap.xml file (freesitemapgenerator.com), drop it in your root directory and then be sure to get it to google and yahoo.
3)Don't forget to create a robots.txt file and put it in your root directory

Taking advantage of Googles Webmaster tools is key (analytics, gadgets, sitemaps, etc.).

Worpdress has plugins that does this for you...:)

•••
take a look at usedcardonationservice dot com......thoughts/feedback?

wanna use this tweaked template on many other sites as well........

•••
•••
tonyfloyd said:
any thoughts/feedback for Used Car Donation Service

wanting to use this templates on many parked sites.....

very nicely done - i would try a version with only 2 ad blocks and make one a tower and the other a large rectangle

compare results with this format

then try one block with blending background and another block with contrasting background

let us know what your numbers show

hope it helps
yes

•••
yes said:
very nicely done - i would try a version with only 2 ad blocks and make one a tower and the other a large rectangle

compare results with this format

then try one block with blending background and another block with contrasting background

let us know what your numbers show

hope it helps
yes

Thanks yes.....

where are u saying i should put these 2 ad blocks....leave the tower where it is?...and add the large rectangle where?

tony

•••
•••
Timmy11B said:
I think it looks good. My only suggestion is to update the slug for this page: http://www.usedcardonationservice.com/hello-world.html

change hello-world to something more seo friendly.

thanks tim....i had changed the permalink...just forgot to change the post slug.....done.....any other changes?...i plan on using this for all parked sites and tweaking th colors/template a bit to differentiate them.....

tony

•••
Is that a template you created Tony? Looks good, basic and versatile. I take it, that it has a position for a full header if you wanted to use it?

•••
avi2l said:
Is that a template you created Tony? Looks good, basic and versatile. I take it, that it has a position for a full header if you wanted to use it?

yeah...just created it last nite...actually edited and tweaked the hell out of an exisiting template.....:).......i wanted to keep it basic and for it to look/feel like a real website...:).....

•••
nice job. universal templates make it easier to just start the site and move on to the more important aspects.

•••
yeah....i will test this template as is...and use on further sites as well...maybe just change the color scheme...so they dont all look the same.....i see way too many dosh dosh sites out there...:)

•••
tonyfloyd said:
i see way too many dosh dosh sites out there

Because people like them and are comfortable with them and it works. I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss a successful look like dosh dosh's. You can certainly make it look different enough while retaining a comfortable kind of a recognizable feel.

•••
netmeg said:
Because people like them and are comfortable with them and it works. I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss a successful look like dosh dosh's. You can certainly make it look different enough while retaining a comfortable kind of a recognizable feel.

didnt mean it like that netmeg....i like the dosh dosh design....and i'll probably use it as well...but i just like to be a lil more original/unique...:)

•••
Barefoottech said:
YES
Most Newcomers to Adsense for Content assume that they can create their own park page using it to replicate a commercial parked page. Parking services use Adsense for DOMAINS which is a different service and has a Different TOS contract. One major difference is the content requirement.
iSNARE.com

is adsense for domains just for parking companies?

•••
•••
Google is not currently accepting new partners for the AdSense for domains
program. However, we'll be sure to keep your contact information on file
and will contact you if and when Google opens the program to new
partnerships and/or new products become available.

;-(

•••
were u looking to start your own parking co. Smash?...:)

•••
•••
any other feedback for my mini-site creation?

•••
Kamloops said:
Thanks , I pay a guy in India to write for me 45 bucks for 10 original articles. 300 words that are optimized for the keyword I give him.
Better hang on to that one. I have been trying to get a content writer since, it seems forever. They either don't respond after advertising for work, say no problem and then disappear or the writing is so bad that...

Last one was great samples, a couple nice articles and then became so badly written that were unusable.

•••
is that the going rate to write original content? 4.50 per article? that seems so cheap!

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back