Dynadot

Resolved Name.com fixed issue

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Resolved, thank you all so much for your help!!!

Wont forget this

Samer

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Since you have complied with updating your email I think you will be fine. NAMES.com is only staying in compliance as per ICANN policies and rules....

•••
The domains are still registered right? Did you check whois to see who owns them?

I once had namecheap disable a domain after their email verification email never hit my inbox.

Weird stuff. 15 year old name with contacts that have never been changed all that time.

Anyway, I think you'll be alright. Keep us updated.

•••
Domains still not appearing, opened a ticket,
with a link to this thread, still waiting response.

Samer

•••
Wait until you contact support and receive feedback and allow the opportunity for resolution before you start defaming legitimate companies online for handreg theft.

•••
Resolved

Last edited:
•••
Wait until you contact support and receive feedback and allow the opportunity for resolution before you start defaming legitimate companies online for handreg theft.

Worst case, others could learn from it.

But thanks for the support.

I’ll change the title from stole to “took”
the end result is the same

Samer

•••
Ok great, now wait for a response.

•••
Worst case, others could learn from it.

But thanks for the support.

I’ll change the title from stole to “took”
the end result is the same

Samer

Well there's a difference between letting others know about tech issues you're having than saying they stole your names.

•••
Resolved

Last edited:
•••
Resolved

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Well, I hope it gets resolved for you soon, Samer, and thanks for giving heads up about tech issue.

We domainers list domains on marketplaces which receive similar accusations against them through TrustPilot, forums, etc, when they're simply just unresolved issues, tech problems, misunderstandings, and people assuming the worst 99% of the time, and the negative feedback effects a lot of people, people who work for these companies and do business with/through them. Just something to keep in mind.

•••
Resolved

thanks for the kind words!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
•••
Resolved thx

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Hi Samer,
The domains whois show your data? If yes, maybe is just a question of time for them, in order to enable again your domains into your account.
Now that you have already validated your email, I hope you get your domains as soon as possible.

•••
•••
•••
The only “due diligence” left, will be how long until 60 days are up, so can get the **** out.

Still waiting for reply, feel free help, ok man?

Samer
Hope you get this worked out @Samer. You may already know this, but the definition of "due diligence" in the domain industry is:

An excuse a company or person gives when they screw you over. A shift of blame on the victim.

•••
@Samer what does the domain status say when you perform a whois lookup?

Just curious as when a similar thing happened to me, like I mentioned, I never actually checked the domain status through a whois lookup.

•••
There is only one (1) lesson here...

As a domainer your email address is one of your most important assets. You must monitor it for expiries, domain updates and customer inquiries.

If you have any more issues please refer back to lesson #1

•••
I had a client who bought a premium domain from NameBright go through a similar situation. The domain never left his account though. They required phone verification, he unknowingly added a toll-free number which could not receive the SMS verification code. If anything, it's a strange practice. PM me the names? Maybe I can expedite some support requests for you.

•••
I had a client who bought a premium domain from NameBright go through a similar situation. The domain never left his account though. They required phone verification, he unknowingly added a toll-free number which could not receive the SMS verification code. If anything, it's a strange practice. PM me the names? Maybe I can expedite some support requests for you.

PMed, thanks Dan!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
8th (you registered the names / created new account)
23rd (15 days since registration / account creation, account details still not verified)
30th (you verified account details)

Seems you verified your email late.

Are the names still with name.com or they were deleted & registered elsewhere?
If they still have the names, you still have a chance to get them, you just need to discuss with them nicely. I don't think they stole your names.

From https://www.name.com/policies/registration-agreement

"You represent and warrant that the statements in your application are true and that no Services are being procured for any unlawful or abusive purpose, including but not limited to the infringement of any intellectual property right or other right; the distribution of malware; the abusive operation of botnets; phishing, fraudulent or deceptive practices; the unauthorized transfer to yourself or any other party of any domain name or Services; counterfeiting; or any other activity in violation of any laws, rules, or regulations (the "Illegal Uses"). Providing inaccurate or unreliable information, failing to update information within seven (7) days of any change, engaging in any Illegal Uses, or failing to respond for over fifteen (15) days to inquiries by us concerning the accuracy of Account and RDDS contact information will constitute an incurable material breach of this Agreement and be a basis for suspension and/or cancellation of the Services.
You are responsible for regularly monitoring email sent to the email address in your Account. You may lose your rights to the domain name(s) or your right to receive the Services if you do not respond appropriately and timely to an email sent in conjunction therewith."

In their verification email, they say "ICANN requires that you validate new contact information within 15 days or the associated domain(s) will be disabled."

•••
Domains are still with name using their nameservers, no change of ownership since reg.

Thanks @Samer for the info by DM!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back