Domain Empire

Resizing an image?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Say you make a logo and its big enough to print on a tshirt...

But then you need that same logo blown up to fit on a billboard...

What is the proper way of doing this?

Do I just keep a vector image and save the blending options and apply them to the blown up vector, so I don't lose quality?
Is there a more efficient way of doing this?

I apply blending options to my vector images after I size them appropriately.

Thank you for any help. :gl:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if it's a vector image, you'll have no problem at all, just make sure that you have the "Scale Styles" checkbox checked and the bleeding options will scale accordingly whether you make the image bigger or smaller

•••
In Photoshop you can resize the image without
losing the quality of Pixels.
Last Year i made a logo for our Educational T-Shirt Uniform
and i also my adviser told me to have a copy for the tarpaulin size of the image.
So only adjusted the image size.

•••
In Photoshop you can resize the image.
You dont have to worry about the pixels because
it wont be damaged.

•••
yeh just try photoshop... you wont loose pixels!! It will be perfect!

•••
yeh just try photoshop... you wont loose pixels!! It will be perfect!

Hi,

I think so that you should try it with photoshop for quality.

•••
You should try using Photoshop use the CTRL - T to select the free transform, hold SHIFT while clicking on a corner of the picture and then click and drag it to enlarge it, you will notice that both horizontal and vertical sides will extend with each other without making one side bigger than the other.

•••
additional tips:if you want to make a mirror reflection of your image...ctrl-T while the logo layer is selected.then,press and hold alt+shift and drag one side and completely drag it to the opposite side and go on as much as you want the size.

•••
If it is a vector image, and you are using an appropriate program for it, then you can blow it to any size, or shrink it to any size........and the image quality won't get affected.

•••
after resizing logo apply sharpen effect. that works..

•••
Just makes sure its a Vector Image. Vectors are calculated, they don't use pixles. I don't know about the rest of you, but even in photoshop I've had images come out pixilaited due to resizing.

•••
It is possible but it won't be the same...
Try using smudge tool and a brush/handness 0%!/ after resizing it!

•••
Its Easy

If you are talking about the vector image then dont use photoshop...it will create a problem in printing actually photoshop is not for a vector images.

You must use Coreldraw or Illustrator....there you can take a transform option to do the same...you can play with the the easliy with the selection scale in the tranform option..if you will face ny problem then i will do as you need...

Thanks

•••
If you use photoshop, choose image size from the image menu.
then type in the resized size you want it to be then select the image resizing mode down below

•••
I use Irfanview for this. It goes well. you can resize the picture both pixel wise, and percentage wise.

•••
ok..ive done a lot of big banners and billboard...

you see.. billboard was meant to see from far...so if theres any broken pixels applied you still see it perfect from far...

but to play safe.like me all of my work was done in Ai... photoshop comes 2nd..and i only use photoshop to apply effect and do some image modifiyng or whatever there is...

but vector..Ai and Corel is the best choices.

image for billboard...just make it on photoshop in 300dpi( the lowest is 200 but some make it 150 which i dont trust...and divide the actual size to 4 x or play with ratio...when its done drag to Ai and FA it in there..burn it in cd (or whatever) and send to printer.. done. the rest is the printer resposibility..

Thank you and hi to all namepros people... :wave:

•••
You do the right thing. Just keep a copy of the design as a vector image in the standard wallpaper resolution. then you can resize it as and when needed.

•••
if you asking me about the resizing any image so it's a method to clear a image. if you have any uncleared image so with the help of this software you can clear your image very well.

•••
i think resizing can be done in the best way using photoshop as it doesnt deteriorates the pixel quality..

•••
adobe photoshop is the best image editor i have ever used for resizing an image without losing its pixel qualities.....you should also try it.....it's very effective

•••
Adob Photoshop, Image ready, Coral photopaint, Paintshop pro, Acdc viewer. all those are easy software to resize an image. easily.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back