IT.COM

[Request]-> Logo/Banner/Button - paying $$$!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am looking for a new Banner / Logo / Button for my new forum for the local community.

I have NO set design yet, but a few basic guidelines I am looking for:

Logo

1)Must include an outline or some form of shape of the Isle of Wight. Loads of images available on Google Images so you can get the shape! http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=isle+of+wight+map

2)Must inclue the text "WightForum.com" and "Your local forum" - the style up to you - I will know the design I want when I see it!

3)Something a little bit original - with nothing neon or TOO bright!

Banner

1)A standard size .gif image - with the above text. Keep the theme of the Logo!

Button

1)Standard size button - same theme as the Logo/Banner!

--------Payment---------

This is a paid project - so the best you can do, please! I will offer $10 minimum for the perfect graphics. I will probably ask you to make changes on your designs a few times. Once we are both happy, payment will be via PayPal. Do excellent work for me and I will pay more.

Contact me with any questions, but in the meantime, get designing and uploading! I will leave comments on EVERYBODIES design uploaded!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thats nice, would be great to see some colour on it!

Possibly "WightForum.com" text in a 'rainbow' curved style over the top of the island, with more room for the "your local forum" text on the actual island itself.

Nice work! :)

•••
alrite mate,
I'll have a quick play with it now,
gimme 20 mins or so

•••
What size do you need the logo to be?

•••
•••
Okay, I'll get working on it early tomorrow morning:).

1:15AM here, so better get to bed :zzz:.

True_Snake

•••
srben said:
here ya go,
this ones got loads more colour in it,
and i've arched the site name over the pic as well as done some stuff with the slogan

http://www.solve-records.com/projects/wightforum/logocolour.gif

what d'ya think?

Its a little toooooo bright, for this project. Sorry if you misunderstood where I mentioned 'rainbow' in my last post. I simply meant the shape of a rainbow - not its colours. I would like preferably that the Island is a nice shade of green - nothing too bright or dark, just right. The text I have no thouhgts on, but solid colour would probably be better on this occassion. Thanks alot for your continued hard work. It still amazes me what people can come up with in such a short amount of time!

HellFear said:
What size do you need the logo to be?

Thanks for replying hellfear. I have no set size - but something appropriate. It will sit at the top of a forum as well as other places - so nothing too tall. The 2nd image in srben's design is a good size :tu:

True_Snake said:
Okay, I'll get working on it early tomorrow morning:).

1:15AM here, so better get to bed :zzz:.

True_Snake

Look forward to seeing your design! :)

•••
no probs mate,
do you like the shape, size and positioning of the text?
if so, it will only take 5 mins to change the colours

•••
•••
Definately getting there!

Just a few more touches and it will certainly be a very strong contender here!

1) I am planning on using the 2nd image of the two, in size terms, although slightly larger than that would be great. A size somewhere between the two!

2) "WightForum.com" text a little more 'spread out'. It is harder to read unless I used the very large graphic.

3) The green on the Island would probably look better if it had some form of texture or shading.

Look forward to seeing the next version!

:)

•••
•••
Thats good!!

One last little thing. The 'WightForum.com" text - it is a little too 'outlined' - the shadow is a little too bold. If the outline was less bold, I would like the text to be a very nice shade of blue. My favourite is: #0066CC

Thanks alot so far!!

•••
Here's my first, very quick, attempt which I made in the morning, but I'm posting it now:).

wf1sample2yp.gif

Let me know what you think of it; feedback is appreciated:tu:!

Thanks,

True_Snake

•••
Here's another logo.

wf2sample3wz.gif

Feedback is appreciated:tu:!

Thanks,

True_Snake

•••
Rob said:
Thats good!!

One last little thing. The 'WightForum.com" text - it is a little too 'outlined' - the shadow is a little too bold. If the outline was less bold, I would like the text to be a very nice shade of blue. My favourite is: #0066CC

Thanks alot so far!!

OK, thats not a problem, would you like the text then all one solid colour, or with a gradient,
please dont expect the updated version anytime soon, I am about to go out for a few hours, but if I get it done tonight I will show you, if not i'll sure be able to show ya in the morning.
:]

•••
True_Snake,

Thanks alot. Like your first one better - try changing the font a little though. :tu:
---------------------
srben,

I think a preview of one with a slight gradient and one solid would be cool - will help me decide! Remember my fave blue (code above!).

One more thing - great size, but 'forum' seems a little too squashed in there. Maybe make it a little longer, but still somehow link it in with the 'local' text as you have done now! :)

Thanks alot, again!

•••
Is this a little closer to what your lookin for?

wight.jpg

Please let me know.

•••
•••
cybore,

The Island has a nice tint to it; I like it. Not sure about the font and lettering style though - maybe some small editing on that front?

srben,

Excellent work as always! I think I have narrowed it down to one small thing now. The '.com' text could do with being a little smaller. Maybe broken away from the rest of the text , just above the right tip of the Island.

Sorry I'm asking for so many changes, but your design is great and want to get it 100% right. :)

•••
no probs, i've just started workin on it now

•••
Thanks srben! Is Ben your name, btw? :tu:

Just to confirm, it wouldnt be a problem for the final design to be implemented into a banner and button - would it?

Thanks again! :)

•••
•••
Here goes my first entry for this contest. :|

Green color
ctentry1213tg.jpg

Blue color
ctentry1226lb.jpg

•••
srben,

Thanks alot. I think that the 2nd image of the last two (http://www.solve-records.com/projects/wightforum/logobluetext2.gif) is my favourite!

Thanks for your entry - I will let these other guys put accross their submissions and then do a final judge. Thanks alot for your hard work - it is truely appreciated. :tu:

HellFear,

Thats cool! Like them both. So I thought - hey, lets cross them together! How about the Island green, and the "WightForum.com" text in blue (with the current change in WightForum & .com shade). Also the paw prints in a nice blue, too.

Look forward to seeing it. Thanks for your effort & time. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back