Domain Empire

status-deferred Request for full text in PM e-mail notifications

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainbartender

Your name server since 2008.Top Member
Impact
In the previous vb setup, I was able to read PMs in my e-mail, now it only shows a button link for viewing conversations. Sometimes I forget how much I bought or sold a domain for, and this was a way for me to archive that data. I would really appreciate it if we could have that feature integrated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the suggestion. We removed all that extra text because several 3rd party email servers have started to flag emails that contain certain keywords in them as spam and added them to their block lists. To avoid email notices NOT making it to members, we removed the bulk of the text / post content that was flagging emails randomly.

@Paul Buonopane may have some more technical insight on this when he gets some free time. :)

Thanks for understanding,

•••
Ok, I understand. Thanks for the explanation! :)

•••
If you can convince every member still using Yahoo to switch to a mail provider that actually cares, I will gladly re-enable this. ;)

•••
Aw, I'm a yahoo user, I myself would not switch. My own server has problems with hotmail. I wish all e-mail providers would stick to using white lists / black lists set by the user and stop enforcing it on their own. They need to move forward and catch up with the times, and I hope they do. You guys have come up with a good workaround, kudos for that! I take my suggestion back :p

•••
I wish all e-mail providers would stick to using white lists / black lists set by the user and stop enforcing it on their own.
Set up your own mail service.

I am always surprised that domainers don't use their own domains for mail service, but rely instead on lousy, free services...

•••
My isp flags a lot of spam for me.
Now I did have problems earlier when their mail servers went haywire and I was not getting any email.
As it was seemingly all bounced back.
Thus why I now use google email just for namepros.

Domainers user free emails so that all their emails they send out to others that are marked as spam would not ruin their precious domains they are trying to sell.

•••
I want this re-enabled also. I want to read everything in email, then choose to login to reply at namepros.

Otherwise, make this an option for users to optin for full text or no text in email to receive pm notifications.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back