NameSilo

Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Labeled as various in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by RJ, Apr 19, 2005

Replies:
Views:

1. NLP

NLP Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

20210725_062014.png

This is a screenshot from a few days ago. Buyer has paid, transfer finalized.

- Purchased in 2010 as a .CO pre-registration
    - Renewed for 10 years
    - Type: Inbound
    - Venue: DAN
    - Starting offer: $300

Please don't type out the name in the discussion. Thanks!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. AzuJim

AzuJim Established Member

Congrats! You really tried holding a .co domain for 11 years. Don't really know what gave you confidence on it to keep holding that long. I'm happy you've been rewarded. Was it on BIN or make offer?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  3. tinnymerit

tinnymerit Established Member

Wow! I wish I could have such a bargaining spirit.

4. NLP

Make Offer.
    His starting offer was $300.
    I've received previous offers on this name throughout the years.

I've held 60+ .COs since 2010, so for me the long hold time isn't that strange. The term is taken in over 120 extensions, so I was aware of how many companies were using the term.

It's just confidence in the strength of the keyword, and knowing what comparable names have sold for (thanks to NameBio).

5. AzuJim

AzuJim Established Member

Nice to know. Congrats once again and wish you good luck!

6. tomcarl

tomcarl Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

How long did you take before making counter-offer and how long did they take to accept the offer from the time you countered? Did they just accept outright a $11,500 counter from $300?

Congrats on the sale!

7. Greek23

Greek23 Upgraded Member Gold Account

A few recent sales:

u/s/e/d/a/u/t/o/p/a/r/t/s .co

Price: $100
    Venue: Afternic Fast Transfer
    Price: Drop reg
    Hold Time: 6 months or so

Had priced at $500, but its a longer .co, even though car market is in demand, it will pay for the 100 names I registered in Epik 99 cent promo this month.

P/o/p/u/l/a/r/i/t/y .us

Price: $500
    Venue: Dan
    Price: Acquired in bulk deal on NP of 500 .us ($~3 each name)
    Hold Time: 8 months or so

My second biggest .us sale so far, I had this name at $1.5k and lowered price to $500 and changed lander to DAN from Afternic, domain sold a few days after. This is my first sale on Dan. I have to give credit to @Dot.us as he helped me understand the .us potential and even though they haven't sold super crazy yet, they do move and in time will be more popular.

This forum is amazing and has taught me so much so far, in the last few weeks I have been listening to podcasts, researching recently sold names, and realizing the mistakes I have made so far and letting old garbage roll off the portfolio. I believe results will start to come as I gain more knowledge and be open to learning from the people who are successful in the domain industry.

8. NLP

We negotiated back and forth for 14 days.
    He started at $300, I countered at $15k, he sent a message that that wasn't doable, then jumped up to $1,000, so that's when I knew he was a serious buyer.

There would sometimes be a day or two between bids/replies, but he always came back and kept raising his offer.

I was dead-set on not selling this for under $12k, so I didn't budge much.

He asked if I could sell if for $1500, and I said no. Once he jumped up to $5k, and then $6k, I countered with $12k and just let 6 days go by. I figured he wasn't walking away, because he didn't decline the offer, he was just waiting to see if I'd give in and bid against myself. Then $6250 from him, and I replied that $11,500 was my final offer, and I referenced some recent sales (not mine, from NameBio) that were higher and why $12k for this name was a steal.

About 12 hours later, he accepted.

Thanks for the kinds words, everyone. Good luck to everyone here!

The best advice I can offer is, if you know you have a valuable keyword, don't be afraid to go silent and not reply right away. Usually, when buyers get impatient, that shows they really need the name, which gives you leverage.

9. rumevic

rumevic Upgraded Member Blue Account

T r u e - O r i g i n s . c o m

- sold today for $2,888 via Epik landing page at BIN
    - registered for $7.99 with @Epik.com
    - hold time 11 days

{transfer is completed and Epik quickly deposited money to my bank account from MasterBucks per my request}

Attached Files:

10. samuel12

samuel12 Established Member

Congrats, was it a drop reg?

11. alienbaba

alienbaba Escaped AREA 51

Congrats. My guess is it may be a crypto related sale, as that term has gained popularity over the recent years with many crypto projects doing rugpulls. The buyer seems determined to have the name as it would be very brandable for this purpose. Either that or just a website selling good old rugs lol..

Nice one. What made you reg this? It looks like it may have something to do with the lab-leak theory..

12. NLP

Could be. I'd considered the crypto angle, as that's kind of a trendy term. But "rugged" is a well-known and extremely popular keyword in sectors having to do with outdoor and survival gear, products for men (as it conveys "tough" and kind of rough around the edges), and computers and manufacturing (laptops built to be extra durable outdoors, for the military, etc.). It's far from a super niche term.

13. rumevic

rumevic Upgraded Member Blue Account

I think I saw some similar recent sales or currently developed websites, cannot tell exactly now.
    According to the time stamp, I registered it not at regular time of drop, at least about 12 hours later. Wayback Machine shows, there was one record, in 2018 redirect/snapshot of page "domain for sale", with $97 listing price at the time. Most of my domains are registered when dropped/expired. Thanks!

upload_2021-7-25_20-19-16.png

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  14. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

t a p e s t r y . v c
    $499
    Inbound

Hand reg, hold time about 10 months.
    Sold at Epik Lander at this BIN price (no negotiation)

For most of its life I had it priced 6 to 8x this much, but I had decided I did not really understand .vc so much and wanted to reduce my holdings prior to renewal decisions, so reduced the price only at the Epik lander (still had low-mid $$$$ elsewhere). Anyway, after no offers previously on this name, when lowered price got the sale within a week or two.

15. osamson

osamson Established Member

Love how you held your ground!

16. bookname

bookname Established Member

Sold Eflask/ c o m
    $2495

Hold for 10 months
    Backorder 10$
    Sold at Rooted Lander ( BIN PRICE ) , paid within 5minutes, after the transfer done.

17. Jason Baudendistel

Jason Baudendistel CEO Wibbets Inc

Brutaladventure.com
    Hand registered for 9 dollars at namecheap.com
    Sold for 20 dollars on Namepros

I probably could have held out for a bit higher profit but made a small profit on a hand reg that I wasn't even sure I was gonna keep.

I have about 5 names that I would need the right offer for the rest are pretty available for a fair offer.

18. esa

esa Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

wow really nice ROI

19. TURIST

TURIST Established Member

Please change/crypt the sold name in this thread to keep it out of search engines.
    I like this good project brand name. Thank you.

20. twiki

twiki Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 11+ months. Was about to expire mid August. Drop reg.

Note: I had it listed here among a batch and nobody wanted it for $10. I'm ceasing all NP bargain BIN sales... no point in that for me further.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  21. Haddi Zak

Haddi Zak Established Member

Congrats. I wonder how much of a role does a good lander play in the sales process. A great acquisition with a great ROI

22. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

dont worry about landers but about quality names buyers want... many most valuable names to this.day have nothing but lander saying... domain for sale, contact at....

23. ilesanmion

ilesanmion Established Member

Congrat on the sale. Sales on Namepros are majorly dominated by domain investors. Many have found great sales on this platform, while some do not. Patience, good name and good market strategies are needed in domaining.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  24. twiki

twiki Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

I always do have some sales, but I simply get much better ROI by simply having them listed for sale on major platforms in the last days before expiry. That's the reason.

Edit: And I save precious time.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  25. mohsinkhan656744

mohsinkhan656744 Established Member

PrismBrands.co
    Sold for $999
    Venue Dan
    Hold time: 15 days
    Proof attached

I also have exact similar domain name PrismBrand.co available for sale at Dan. Grab it because it has chance for sale. Screenshot_1.png

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice