Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I can help in somehow about spanish, just follow me or message, I will glad to help you.
-Manu

•••
Domain name: reel.life
Sale venue: afternic BIN
Seller: Me
Sale price: $995
Purchase price - $1.99 (23 feb 17)

Domain name: bca.xyz
Sale venue: sedo BIN
Seller: Me
Sale price: $1500
Purchase price + renew - $20 (10 Sep 15)

•••
Premium domain for a reseller price.
Flycity/com
Bought : $2k(11/2017)
Sold: $17,500 (01/2018)
Net: $15,500

This domain did not list anywhere, but was contacted by Jake (godaddy’s broker) . I really love this domain, not really excited when sold for $17,500, but I think it is better than to wait infinite time for deep pocket buyer.

•••
Flycity/com

This domain did not list anywhere, but was contacted by Jake (godaddy’s broker) . I really love this domain, not really excited when sold for $17,500, but I think it is better than to wait infinite time for deep pocket buyer.

That is a very healthy and fast end-user sale, not reseller.
You should be happy with the result, it's quite substantial for a brandable, congrats!

•••
Oh yeah! I was told by Jake (godaddy's broker) that the buyer was the original owner of Flycity. He had accidently let it dropped while on trip.

•••
paybit....info.......$650......sedo.... makeoffer.... 2017 $2 reg

buyer 170..me 950..me 750..me 650.. buyer accept.

•••
Maryland/Bus/inessBro/ker
Bought:
Reg fee
Sold: $100
Venue: Outbound

Domain in dotcom

NOTE: Contacted a couple of people but a previous client who i sold another domain to last year picked it up.

•••
Great/ badges /com
Purchase: $69 5/2017
Sold: $448
BIN at Sedo

•••
Flycity/com

great roi!!! wow

was this namejet buy?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Flycity/com

Great sale, no brainer, attached or not, you just ask easily could have lost it in a single bidding war, you stepped up to purchase it, and as rare as this instance is you should be happy it happend to you. No commissions either to boot, saved yourself another $2K, basically $20K deal.

If you are heart broken I am willing to sell FlyLand in King, and Fly dot Land combo, but congrats well done

•••
Flycity/com

If you were contacted by GoDaddy, you should have received the full $17,500... The buyer pays commission in these scenarios...

I speak from numerous experiences, and have never once paid commission when contacted by a GoDaddy broker.

•••
If you were contacted by GoDaddy, you should have received the full $17,500... The buyer pays commission in these scenarios...

I speak from numerous experiences, and have never once paid commission when contacted by a GoDaddy broker.

I received in full :)

•••
Domain: K O N G C O I N (.) COM
Hand Registered: 6/2017
Cost: $8

Sale Date: 1/2018
Venue: NameJet
Sale Price: $179

•••

I think the buyer got a great buy on that given the market. And you X'd your money as well, win win

•••
I think the buyer got a great buy on that given the market. And you X'd your money as well, win win
I researched it. That particular coin failed. That's why I sold it. If the coin makes a comeback, then the domain might be a big winner. The .org is taken and was used by the dev.

•••

brandable coin (y)

•••
Domain : ReikiMontreal.com
Purchased on GD auctions on : August 25th 2017
Cost : $20,47 ($12 + $8,47 for 1 year registration)

Sale Date : January 26th 2018 (154 days after purchase)
Venue : Afternic - Buy it Now
Sale Price : $295
Net profit : $236

That domain was on Namejet the week before for $69 and did not find a bidder.

My first (excluding 4L.com) sale of 2018. A small one but I got the amount I was asking for so that's great.

This was my post when I bought it:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/yo...-day-no-handregs.756868/page-153#post-6323009

Last edited:
•••
Great sale, no brainer, attached or not, you just ask easily could have lost it in a single bidding war, you stepped up to purchase it, and as rare as this instance is you should be happy it happend to you. No commissions either to boot, saved yourself another $2K, basically $20K deal.

If you are heart broken I am willing to sell FlyLand in King, and Fly dot Land combo, but congrats well done

They may have left a good bit of money on the table especially if buyer had to buy it back at whatever cost

•••
j a m (dot) n e t w o r k

2017 sale. Sedo make offer, $1150.

Handregistered in 2016 for $22.

•••

Sold far too cheap

You left a porsche on the table lol

•••
Some stragglers from the tail-end of last year plus some January sales:

gocrypto dot co ... $3k
Sold via Sedo, Make Offer. (Opening offer was $1k, my counter offer was accepted)
Handreg in Oct 2017

self-learning dot com ... $3k

Sold via Sedo, Make Offer. (Accepted opening offer)
Bought in Nov 2016 for $1k (in hindsight, I overpaid for a hyphen)

coldwallet dot co ... $2.5k

Sold via Afternic, BIN
Handreg in Aug 2017

stockbridge dot co ... $2k

Sold via Sedo, Make Offer. (Opening offer was $500, I countered at $3k and buyer returned with $2k)
Handreg in Nov 2017

bookkeep dot co ... $2k

Sold via Sedo, Make Offer. (Buyer offered asking price)
Handreg in May 2017

gtec dot co ... $1.5k

Sold via Sedo, Make Offer
Handreg in Nov 2017, 8 days before sale

brightmedia dot co ... $850

Handreg in Oct 2017, a month before sale

closed dot co ... $800

Handreg in end of Nov 2017

---

Apologies for the lack of depth on negotiation details, am tight on time at the moment.
Overall, I've reduced price-aggression during negotiations and have adjusted expectations downwards on 75% of my inventory. The cash flow matters more to me than the margin alone, especially on the hand-regs.

The .CO hand-regs portfolio operates as a numbers game - something that I've been testing on the side. I'm spending about $1.5k/month on expiring/deletes and it's making 2.5x on average. Not quite retirement money, but it provides contribution towards portfolio renewals in exchange for a reasonable time investment (1 to 1.5 hours per day). Over a six month average, it's approx $2k profit per month (after Sedo/Afternic fees but before tax) for 40 hours of work each month.

I'll continue to tweak both the buying and pricing strategies, but unless it improves, I'm not sure I will keep it going beyond another few months.

---

Many thanks to @Nikul Sanghvi for sharing the sale and that’s what keep all of us going forward in one way or another.

Thanks for the shout out @AbdulBasit.com - and congrats on the awesome sales!

•••
Flycity/com

gocrypto dot co ... $3k
Sold via Sedo, Make Offer. (Opening offer was $1k, my counter offer was accepted)
Handreg in Oct 2017

Sold via Afternic, BIN
Handreg in Aug 2017

Sold via Sedo, Make Offer. (Opening offer was $500, I countered at $3k and buyer returned with $2k)
Handreg in Nov 2017

bookkeep dot co ... $2k

Handreg in May 2017

gtec dot co ... $1.5k

closed dot co ... $800

---

Apologies for the lack of depth on negotiation details, am tight on time at the moment.
Overall, I've reduced price-aggression during negotiations and have adjusted expectations downwards on 75% of my inventory. The cash flow matters more to me than the margin alone, especially on the hand-regs.

The .CO hand-regs portfolio operates as a numbers game - something that I've been testing on the side. I'm spending about $1.5k/month on expiring/deletes and it's making 2.5x on average. Not quite retirement money, but it provides contribution towards portfolio renewals in exchange for a reasonable time investment (1 to 1.5 hours per day). Over a six month average, it's approx $2k profit per month (after Sedo/Afternic fees but before tax) for 40 hours of work each month.

I'll continue to tweak both the buying and pricing strategies, but unless it improves, I'm not sure I will keep it going beyond another few months.

---

thats some amazing co sales
good strategy
was about to ask you how many .co you own
then you said its numbers again

couple questions plz:

can I ask for how long you've been using this strategy with co?

I suppose your .co folio increase by around 100-200 .co domains each month correct?

why is everything sedo? is that only place you list the co?

is your strategy makeoffer only on co.. or some bin too?

ty

•••

gocrypto dot co ... $3k
Handreg in Oct 2017

Sold via Afternic, BIN
Handreg in Aug 2017

Handreg in Nov 2017

bookkeep dot co ... $2k

Handreg in May 2017

gtec dot co ... $1.5k

closed dot co ... $800

---

---

You got it right with the .Co names... I own just 1

•••
can I ask for how long you've been using this strategy with co?

A little over six months now with this particular method.

I suppose your .co folio increase by around 100-200 .co domains each month correct?

Correct, it increases 150 per month. It's up to around 900 in total for this particular sub-portolfio. I'll expect to retain less than 10% when it's time for renewals.

why is everything sedo? is that only place you list the co?
is your strategy makeoffer only on co.. or some bin too?

I've only been listing on Sedo (Make Offer with Asking Price) and Afternic (BIN and Make Offer). I should be listing in more places and testing Efty landers... I have no excuse other than being lazy.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back