Domain Empire

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I feel your pain. It's not that easy to make sales unless you're Federer or a magician ;), which are basically the same.

Today, an end-user that was interested in one of my other seo domains offered me mid xx and when I told him it was too low, he asked me how much I paid for the domain and said what I do is unethical(buy domains to resell them).

I need a sale :( lol

hate you all right now!!

•••
Buying something to resell later with profit is unethical lol

Ask him if he also tells this BS when he buys a used car from a car dealer. "How much did you paid for that car? give me the same price or you are unethical"

Plus, if the name was a SEO name, then the "enduser" is probably a SEO himself and knows about the advantages of keyword domains and the domain market at least a little bit.

A mid xx sale? I would write him an email and tell him that after his accusations, the price just increased from 50 to 500 dollars for him (and only for him, others can still buy it for 50)

•••
•••
I knew who I was dealing with. He didn't need this domain. If you think you can get more for these types of domains I will sell you all my other ones at $50 a piece. Just because someone has money doesn't mean he's going to pay a fortune for a domain.

I've started at mid to high xxx for these types of domains and waited months to a year to sell with no luck. I'd rather flip it than renew it, but if you feel that you can get more my offer stands.

You should have done a bit more research on this guy http://www.scottofford.com/ :)

•••
Daisy.tv - €900 (roughly $1150).

•••
he asked me how much I paid for the domain and said what I do is unethical(buy domains to resell them).

I would also raised my offer for this guy !

Is he playing stupid or what? Unethical. Ask him if his job (seo expert) is ethical. Seo experts are so much more unethical than us.

•••
I would also raised my offer for this guy !

Is he playing stupid or what? Unethical. Ask him if his job (seo expert) is ethical. Seo experts are so much more unethical than us.

I asked $700 and he said he would think about it. I checked up again with him and he said he'd offer $50, and when I didn't accept he told me domainers are unethical. It's a Seo"City" .com that I'm sure Federer would try to sell for over $1k.

•••
•••
I asked $700 and he said he would think about it. I checked up again with him and he said he'd offer $50, and when I didn't accept he told me domainers are unethical. It's a Seo"City" .com that I'm sure Federer would try to sell for over $1k.

On this particular guy I think you could have squeezed a bit more out of - on others I would not know. He used a cheap shot about domaining being unethical and wanted to make you feel guilty about selling your domain for a high price and he won the psychology battle on this one, crafty b*staaaaaaaaaaaard.

•••
I wouldn't say the seo guy "won the psychology battle", since infmoney didn't sell the name to him for 50 dollars. So he is still simply a loser. Maybe he will come back later with a higher offer.

•••
No no one makes me feel guilty about selling domains. I feel it's perfectly ethical. If someone wants a domain I own(never tm), they could've done the research and found it, and risked their money.

I don't feel bad about the $75 sale since I paid reg-fee and there was not much interest.

I also need the money which makes my negotiations weak.

I have 17 other SeoCity or CitySeo .nets(all reg-fee).

On this particular guy I think you could have squeezed a bit more out of - on others I would not know. He used a cheap shot about domaining being unethical and wanted to make you feel guilty about selling your domain for a high price and he won the psychology battle on this one, crafty b*staaaaaaaaaaaard.

•••
•••
He won't.... He posted it on here and claimed he'd sell it in an hour. I'd even pay $200 if I can turn it into $500-600 in an hour.

I don't need to sell it to him. I didn't pick these domains up with the intent of selling them on a forum. If I could sell them all for $50-60 each I would. It would save me a lot of time emailing, but I think I will be able to sell some for mid xxx.

Now do you think Federer would pay $55 to buy them off you? :)

•••
He won't.... He posted it on here and claimed he'd sell it in an hour. I'd even pay $200 if I can turn it into $500-600 in an hour.

I don't need to sell it to him. I didn't pick these domains up with the intent of selling them on a forum. If I could sell them all for $50-60 each I would. It would save me a lot of time emailing, but I think I will be able to sell some for mid xxx.

As I mentioned before, try the GD auctions just to test the interest in them. I would put 2 or 3 of them in the auction - nothing ventured... nothing gained...

•••
please help

I have no freaking idea how to use the nampepros forum to sell my domain. please guide me friends.

•••
I have no freaking idea how to use the nampepros forum to sell my domain. please guide me friends.

Start by looking at all the different "Domain Name Discussion Forums" here on the first page of NPs.

Take a few days to familiarizing yourself with NPs.

Recommended threads and forums are,
This one we are in.

http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/68798-how-to-find-potential-end-users.html

http://www.namepros.com/all-domains-for-sale/

Don't expect someone to show you all the ropes at once or to help you sell your domain in a hurry.

This forum takes a little time to get to know it.

Good luck :)

•••
WebBasedTruckingSoftware.com $200
CloudCollaborationSoftware.com $75 (through in as bundle to last weeks sale of similar domain

•••

Actually its very easy.
Simply register any kind of domain for 8 dollars with Godaddy, then list it anywhere on Namepros for 1000$ in your first or second post. There are many rich idiots here who will gladly help you make a quick 990 dollar profit without any kind of hard work. Sold.

•••
Simply register any kind of domain for 8 dollars with Godaddy, then list it anywhere on Namepros for 1000$ in your first or second post.

In all transactions, where the domain name is registered to Go Daddy, domain names purchased through the Services may not be transferred away from Go Daddy to another registrar for a period of sixty (60) days following the Change of Ownership date.

This applies to all other domain registries.

You can transfer domain from one account to another on the same registrar, but I doubt either side will accept that kind of trade.

:wave:

•••
You can transfer domain from one account to another on the same registrar, but I doubt either side will accept that kind of trade.

:wave:

why not

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back