Dynadot

question renting.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MitchH

Established Member
Impact
So I bought a bunch of .com's with a major city and the word "renting" after it with a .com

For example, washingtonrenting.com

I mainly did it because I noticed someone was buying up all the major city and the word "hotel" .com's. So, I figured "renting" was in the same realm as "hotels."

Dumb idea? Decent idea? Thoughts anyone? Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hotel Sales: 1946
Renting Sales: 66 (Not even that, as there are a lot of "Parenting" domains showing as well.)

Do not think they are a good buy. Most people use services such as Zillow anyways.

•••
Those hotel domains were regged a while back, and the ones in the recent auctions were (accidentally??) dropped or let to expire. If you were able to reg a bunch of those 'Major City Renting.com' domains, there's probably a reason they were available to reg at this time in the domain game. And the reason is not so they'd be available for you to be the first to reg them.

•••
Hotel Sales: 1946
Renting Sales: 66 (Not even that, as there are a lot of "Parenting" domains showing as well.)

Do not think they are a good buy. Most people use services such as Zillow anyways.
If you search "[renting]" instead of "renting" (without quotes but with brackets) you will avoid situations like "parenting". The brackets make it look for parsed keywords instead of looking at the whole SLD.

https://namebio.com/?s==QTOycTN5YTM

So that would leave 18 sales with renting as a parsed keyword, or just nine where renting was at the end. Only one of those nine was a Geo domain, NewYorkRenting.com which sold for $401 at NJ in 2016.

By way of another tip, you can also search the Category as Geo and the Subcategory as Geo+Keyword, with [renting] Anywhere and get only renting as a parsed keyword in the context of Geo domains:

https://namebio.com/?s==QTMzcTN5YTM

You can get very, very granular on our site if you make use of all the options. Using the Geo+Keyword approach, you can also check "[rent]" (13 sales), "[rental]" (56 sales), and "[rentals]" (76 sales) and only get really close comps. You see very quickly that Geo+Rentals.com is by far the best option.

Might be a decent hand reg if you only kept it to massive cities. The upside with Geo prodserv domains is that you can now reach out to hundreds of Real Estate agents and property managers in each city and try to sell it, odds are at least one of them will like it enough to pay more than reg fee.

Only one way to find out. Give outbound sales a shot, and if it works go reg some more :) You're going to have to hustle this kind of name though as it doesn't have wholesale liquidity and is unlikely to get offers.

•••
Hotels or Rentals is a much term than "Renting". I don't see much value in these types.

Brad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back