IT.COM

RENEWALS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am looking at Domcomp for the new extensions.... We are all making buying decisions based on renewal costs. WHAT guarantee do we have that the renewal prices will be as stated in one year? Can they go UP or DOWN in one year?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I doubt anyone can give such guarantees. However, most sites do list their prices upfront. You can perhaps check with their Sales Team.

•••
I think prices can go up or come down around 20% but generally its constant and renewals also depend on registrar.

•••
I think prices can go up or come down around 20% but generally its constant and renewals also depend on registrar.
-----------------------
?? That 20% you identified is based on WHAT? MY scenario... You buy a new gltd for $29.99, the extension takes off and registrar decides to raise the renewal to $100. That is my fear. HOW do you sell a new gltd if you don't the renewal fee?

•••
-----------------------
?? That 20% you identified is based on WHAT? MY scenario... You buy a new gltd for $29.99, the extension takes off and registrar decides to raise the renewal to $100. That is my fear. HOW do you sell a new gltd if you don't the renewal fee?
My assumption was based on renewals of primary gtlds (COM, NET, etc) where registrars have different prices (Renewal price may fluctuate around 20%).
I don't think for ngTLDs any registrar will hike renewals from $29 to $100.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back