IT.COM

discuss Renewal Funds

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
can there be a public fund on namepros , collected from all the successful domainers who want to help others.
People who do not have money for renewals , they may post their name to the forum and someone may decide whether the public fund can be used for renewal of those domains.
The public fund will then hold a 10-30% ownership in that domain name based on the year of renewals.
Just my thought.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
can there be a public fund on namepros , collected from all the successful domainers who want to help others.

What about self-washing socks? I need $50,000 to start a self-washing socks company, can you donate me the first $50 please? After all, the world needs self-washing socks far more than worthless domain names. Just a thought! :)

Last edited:
•••
Sometimes dropping bad domains is an education in itself. You learn to buy better domains that are worth renewing.

There might be some merit to the idea, but realistically what would happen is you would get an endless flow of bad domains that people want help renewing.

Brad

•••
well this is not a socks washing forum sir. this is a domain forum. you need to write about socks in a different forum and If i am also member of that forum and if i read your post, then why only 50 , i will donate 100 usd.

•••
Sometimes dropping bad domains is an education in itself. You learn to buy better domains that are worth renewing.

There might be some merit to the idea, but realistically what would happen is you would get an endless flow of bad domains that people want help renewing.

Brad
ya thats why i said , group members will decide which ones to renew.

•••
So if you have $100 to spend on imaginary self-washing socks why do you need public funds to register worthless domain names. If a domain is about to expire and nobody is interested in it then let it expire, why do you need to re-register it?

•••
So if you have $100 to spend on imaginary self-washing socks why do you need public funds to register worthless domain names. If a domain is about to expire and nobody is interested in it then let it expire, why do you need to re-register it?
i am not asking for funds to be given to me. i just mentioned it as an idea.
and if someone is terrorist for you , he may be national freedom fighter for someone else. a worthless domain can be a treasure for someone else business. so this thing can only be decided by a group of moderators, not you and me only.
how do you know that nobody is interested in the expiring domains. i have seen a millionaire domainer hand registering my expired domain names , only 5 min after they get available after the whole deletion and expiration process.

•••
ya thats why i said , group members will decide which ones to renew.

Not a group activity as far as funding for your domains. You can ask the group on which ones you should renew, that could be eye opening. Stop buying domains. Put up a bunch for auction, buy nows here at NP or elsewhere, try to get funds to cover renewals. Ask friends/family.

•••
OP seems to have touched hornets nest:-,

•••
Not a group activity as far as funding for your domains. You can ask the group on which ones you should renew, that could be eye opening. Stop buying domains. Put up a bunch for auction, buy nows here at NP or elsewhere, try to get funds to cover renewals.
but i did not ask funding for my own personal domains. By God's grace , I have a son of a person backing me in domains and that person is in india's top 10 richest list.

•••
but i did not ask funding for my own personal domains. By God's grace , I have a son of a person backing me in domains and that person is in india's top 10 richest list.

Ah, that was a general question. Same answer tho. If somebody can't handle renewals, they're probably not buying good domains to begin with. They should try something else or what I suggested.

•••
i am not asking for funds to be given to me. i just mentioned it as an idea.
and if someone is terrorist for you , he may be national freedom fighter for someone else. a worthless domain can be a treasure for someone else business. so this thing can only be decided by a group of moderators, not you and me only.
how do you know that nobody is interested in the expiring domains. i have seen a millionaire domainer hand registering my expired domain names , only 5 min after they get available after the whole deletion and expiration process.

It's good to come up with new ideas, and expired domains are great.
All I'm saying is that from personal experience self-washing socks has more merit, and I think you could have a public fund that people would donate to. Imagine being the person who invented self-washing socks? SelfWash/com is taken, SelfWashing/com is $2,500, but SelfWashingSocks.com is only $10. To anyone reading this forum in the year 2050 - I came up with this idea!

Edit: The following 3 domains are available on name.com at 44% as a bulk order
selfwashingsocks.com
selfwashingsocks.net
selfwashingsocks.org
Act now! Somebody might register them!!!

Last edited:
•••
when self washing socks will be available in the market , be sure sir that time , you and me will be able to communicate via telepathy !!
to say this, pls register www.communicateviatelepathy.com , its also available.

•••
This is a public announcement:
The domain name CommunicateViaTelepathy.com has not been registered!
Can 10 people please donate $1 each to register this highly-valuable domain name?
It's only 24 characters long
Future generations will thank you for your generosity....

•••
If nothing else comes from this thread, at least we have the self washing socks idea :)

Brad

•••
You have the funds, and means, and access to India’s software talent to make it happen.

Take the lead.

•••
You have the funds, and means, and access to India’s software talent to make it happen.

Take the lead.
thinking to , sir thanks. i will .

•••
indian software talent is working mostly for american companies in form of tcs , infy , wipro etc
the brightest of indian talent is with microsoft , google , yahoo , fb etc.

•••
indian software talent is working mostly for american companies in form of tcs , infy , wipro etc
There is a lot of talent that freelances that can be hired, they call me everyday offering their services from a world away. I am sure you being on the inside, and being funded you should have no issue. Maybe talk to Rob from Epik he offers something called Domain Equity, where they loan against the domain, that is where you would have to go as the people lending would need some level of collateral as risk of default is very high in this industry. If someone can’t pay renewal they probably have a very low sell thru portfolio, and will run into more issues in the future.

•••

The 10th richest person in India is worth 11+ billion dollars. Surely with access to those resources you should be able to find plenty of talent in a country of over a billion people.

Brad

•••
i never said 10th. i said among top 10

•••
The 10th richest person in India is worth 11+ billion dollars. Surely with access to those resources you should be able to find plenty of talent in a country of over a billion people.

Brad
yes but as like usa companies , indian companies are also money minded.
they will rather outsource something than trying to build it on their own if the initial expenditure is high.
finding top talent among a billion ppl wont be easy specially when google and microsoft are recruiting directly from colleges

•••
i never said 10th. i said among top 10

Well, if it is any higher that means it is more than 11B. That just makes my point.
You have access to the resources to make something happen.

If you are willing to give up 10%-30% of a domain for a ($10 or less) renewal fee, then you can assume the domain is almost worthless to start with.

Brad

•••
Well, if it is any higher that means it is more than 11B. That just makes my point.
You have access to the resources to make something happen.

If you are willing to give up 10%-30% of a domain for a ($10 or less) renewal fee, then you can assume the domain is almost worthless to start with.

Brad
what if you have 5000 domains ??
then how much will be 10-30% ??
talking about whole portfolios here > 4000, say for 5 years.

•••
american companies are telling us time after seeing it on our own watches on our hands.
and this is by what they are making billions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back