IT.COM

.in Relationship between .com and .in

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I wonder what connection is between .com and .in domains. In particular when the .com has a lot of traffic (making it worth hundreds of thousands $) but the domain keywords are nothing special. For example: if you have a domain like 'carsgalore.com' which has a huge amount of traffic and a high Alexa rank, what will carsgalore.in be like? If you appraise carsgalore.in judging only the keywords, you will have a low value. How will the value change if you consider that its .com version is a 'giant'?

PS: carsgalore is obviously a pure example (and it's not a giant at all :) )

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wonder what connection is between .com and .in domains. In particular when the .com has a lot of traffic (making it worth hundreds of thousands $) but the domain keywords are nothing special. For example: if you have a domain like 'carsgalore.com' which has a huge amount of traffic and a high Alexa rank, what will carsgalore.in be like? If you appraise carsgalore.in judging only the keywords, you will have a low value. How will the value change if you consider that its .com version is a 'giant'?

PS: carsgalore is obviously a pure example (and it's not a giant at all :) )

if you re-read what you wrote, then you'll find the answer.

the com has traffic and the .in does not

if the com had no traffic either, neither would have much value over reg fee.

domains have value based on certain criteria:

they have type-in traffic > can be any extension

they have link traffic > can be any extension

they are rare (ie: LL/NN LLL/NNN) > mainly top tld's and top cctld's

they have huge potential, as in brandable > mainly .com's

they are in the category of an emerging market or service > mainly .com

though there are always a few exceptions, like "age" of a domain that some covet.

•••
So a .in domain name (and, generally speaking, any other TLD) has an absolute value whether its .com version is worth $xxx,xxx or $xxx? I thought .com affected (at least partially) the value of the same domain in other TLD.

•••
So a .in domain name (and, generally speaking, any other TLD) has an absolute value whether its .com version is worth $xxx,xxx or $xxx? I thought .com affected (at least partially) the value of the same domain in other TLD.

the .com may have an effect on other tlds or even some cctlds, IF that .com is or was a high traffic website.

ie; youtube .com

many youtube domains in other tlds and cctlds get traffic too, and if that traffic is converting into clicks, then it would make those domains valuable, despite the tm risks.

•••
I own some generic english word.in's, like anal(dot)in. They're not even close to the value of .con and I never use a table or percentage of the .com values to calc the .in. I appraise on my value feeling :hehe: ;)

•••
I own some generic english word.in's, like anal(dot)in. They're not even close to the value of .con and I never use a table or percentage of the .com values to calc the .in. I appraise on my value feeling :hehe: ;)
Don't know, I believe there must be a sort of relationship between a .com name and its .in in terms of percentage.

•••
in that case its best to look at LLL sales.. a low quality triple premium LLL.in sells for $50, the .com for $12k, thats about 4%

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back