NameSilo

.tv A question of the relationship between HDTV, Plasma TV and LCD TV

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Although this topic is a little bit out of Dot TV discussion,
can anyone please tell me what is the relationship between HDTV, Plasma TV and LCD TV??

Are Plasma TV, LCD TV belong to HDTV, or is HDTV another kind of Television which equal to Plasma TV and LCD TV??

Thanks in advance....

FYI: Searches.TV is available....

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
my limited understanding is, LCD and plasma are two different display technologies. HD probably uses the same technology as LCD ??? but doubles ??? the number of pixels on screen allow a much high resolution picture. i have seen a lot of these in the stores here lately and the picture is incredible. sorry if im totally wrong, someone will surely put me right :)

•••
lcd tv, im sure Ray (Eq) can tell you about that one... ;) :)

•••
HDTV is the signal sent by the broadcaster, your plasma or lcd must be able to receive and display that high definition image & audio which is so far not the case for all tv sets.
Forget plasma and lcd, 'Sed' will become the king next year. :)

•••
•••
I have the Sony Bravia 40" XBR LCD and before I purchased it ( 3 weeks ago ) I went to alot of stores doing the comparisons. LCD definately beats plasma hands down. Its much clearer, better definition and overall clarity is by far better. I just added HDTV satellite and this thing is just like being there. Moved the 32" plasma into the bedroom and I can really tell the difference after watching LCD for a few hours and then watching plasma.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back