NameSilo

Registrar transfer fees

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cooljub

Top Member
Impact
Hi all,
I'd like to transfer some of my names from my current registrar to namesilo.
Do I have to pay any transfer-out fee at my current registrar and a transfer-in (or renewal fee) @namesilo ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you gotta pay standard renewal fee at namesilo (even if its a brand new domain). I think they don't require a transfer fee.

•••
Hi all,
Do I have to pay any transfer-out fee at my current registrar and a transfer-in (or renewal fee) @namesilo ?

Hello. We do require a fee to transfer domains.

You can find all of our pricing, including transfer pricing, on our pricing page:
https://www.namesilo.com/pricing.php

I cannot answer if your current registrar requires a transfer out fee. This is a highly discouraged practice that very few registrar implement, but some still do.

•••
You should not have to pay a fee at the registrar you are transferring out from. The receiving registrar will charge a fee, which is actually a 1 year registration added to your domain. You do not lose any registration time when you transfer from one registrar to another.

•••
You can find all of our pricing, including transfer pricing, on our pricing page
Is the transfer pricing as the widget quotes regardless of the extensions? I'd like to transfer five names to start with - three .coms, a .tv and a .net

Last edited:
•••
•••
The "namesilo staff" have already mentioned above the link where you can check the transfer fees of different extensions.
Yes, I've seen that. namesilo's transfer pricing widget doesn't specify extensions, so I wondered if it was based on .com
@sbweb said "The receiving registrar will charge a fee, which is actually a 1 year registration added to your domain". namesilo's 1 year registration fee for a .tv is $26.99 - considerably more than a .com

Last edited:
•••
Yes different extensions have different transfer rates and .tv has a quite higher registration, transfer or renewal rate at every registrar.

•••
if the name is past expiry the losing register may charge a redemption fee before you have access to transfer out. You will have to contact the losing register to find out.

•••
Yes, I've seen that. namesilo's transfer pricing widget doesn't specify extensions, so I wondered if it was based on .com
@sbweb said "The receiving registrar will charge a fee, which is actually a 1 year registration added to your domain". namesilo's 1 year registration fee for a .tv is $26.99 - considerably more than a .com

On the Namesilo pricing page, scroll down and you will see a table. There are three tabs: Registration, Renewals & Transfers.

Click on transfer and you will see a list of transfer prices for all extensions - .Com transfer is $8.39 while .tv is $26.99.

I think that's what you are looking for.

•••
On the Namesilo pricing page, scroll down and you will see a table. There are three tabs: Registration, Renewals & Transfers.

Click on transfer and you will see a list of transfer prices for all extensions - .Com transfer is $8.39 while .tv is $26.99.

I think that's what you are looking for.
Doh!
Thankyou, this is what I was looking for.
I went for the 'Calculate How Much You'll Save' table, which is a bit confusing as it doesn't specify extensions, it just says 'select number of domains'. I felt sure it must vary for different priced domains. I'm blaming my eyesight for missing that 'Transfer' tab :xf.wink:

•••
Hi all,

renewal fee.
NameSilo is very transparent in their pricing. No hidden cost and stupid upsells at every step.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back