IT.COM

Registerfly deletes my domain and trouble

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I register domainslist.info at registerfly.com on 5/12/2006 It was in my account, and whois showed my name. I just started to develop it, but I realize the nameservers are not going to mine that I set. Now the domain is still in my account at registerfly. I found out by whois that someone else registered it on 5/20/2006. Registerfly said that I was not allowed to register the domain for more than 1 year, which I did. But it was processed, in my account, and whois data was in my name. I also saw no notice that it may be registered for 1 year. Now I lost my name that was valuable to me. Do I have any recourse? Can I sue, can I get more than a refund?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yet another regfly glitch ?
I'm sorry to hear about that, unfortunately everytime you reg with registerfly you are taking chances with your domains...
If you cannot afford to lose your domain, registerfly is not the best choice.

Keep all proof that you registered the domain. Even though it was clearly a mistake on their part I think you will have a hard time getting any form of compensation.
Try to get in touch with PaulV on this forum, he works form them and maybe could help you. Good luck.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back