RegisterFly.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Thread is for reviews of RegisterFly.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lpstong said:
Well, It just goes to show how RF is just off the market. But there is a thread going on right now on how enom has cancelled their contract with RF.

Yep, looks like I'm gonna transfer every domain I have with them... GoDaddy is a possibility.

•••
why do they have a star for support? good god. these people dont deserve any rating or to even be mention anywhere on the internet.

They misplaced my domain recently and I SERIOUSLY cried about it because that domain was a gem and I doubt they misplaced it because they couldn't figure out what happen to it and all they said was was me to contact enom support so they can do further research and up till now I never have my domain back until recently I saw some guy have it up for sale for $5,000 and that really hurt .

Everyone should stay away from them. I notice they are offering people $5.99 domains so people can either come back or to have people from leaving, PLEASE PLEASE EVERYONE, DO NOT FALL FOR THAT. they are still the same people so I beg of you all to stay away from them.

•••
Review

This has to be the poorest domain registration company on the planet! See my reasons below:

1.) Extremely Slow Website
2.) Customer Service Non Existant (Many support tickets never responded ever)
3.) Lots Of Promises, Not many delivered
4.) Domains rarely register due to technical problems
5.) Password reminder link doesnt even work
6.) You can only add 3 DNS servers to your domain even tho they have 5 text boxes.

Extremely Piss Poor company. My advice would be to pay a little more and go with a professional registrar domain seller... I have tried godaddy.com and have had no problems so far.

•••
I cancelled my hosting with them a few years ago and yet every 3 months I get a new invoice. Luckily the credit card I had been using for the automatic billing is no longer active. I also managed to get my company domain transferred to a new hosting site without any trouble. STAY AWAY from RF

•••
Those idiots will be f**ked up by the laws if my paypal will be not refunded in 24 hours. Damned tired to see their problems!

I can't register COM/NET/ORG/US domains due to their "technical troubles". Customer support keep silence. Want to kill those bastards.

•••
rank1 said:
Those idiots will be f**ked up by the laws if my paypal will be not refunded in 24 hours. Damned tired to see their problems!

I can't register COM/NET/ORG/US domains due to their "technical troubles". Customer support keep silence. Want to kill those bastards.

I tried regging $40+ worth of domains. RegFly couldn't and awhile later, someone regged them. RegFly wouldn't refund my PayPal, instead putting the money in 'credit.' Those f*cking thieves. :(

•••
rubbish

Really rubbish support , ease of use , its rubbish , only thing thats not half bad is some of their promo codes.

•••
•••
Just look at the news!

Finally, these crooks are going to go out of business.

•••
Looks like we are finally escaping the Registerfly monster...

We started using this registrar about 4-5 years ago. At first things weren't too bad. The prices and ( sometimes buggy) facilities offered were good although support left a bit to be desired.

However they were the good old days compared to what was about to happen.

Come 2005 things really started to go downhill, then got worse, and worse.

By 2006 the system was often uselessly slow, support tickets went unanswered or were suddenly deleted or answered with gibberish.

Periodically all our settings including url and email forwarding disappeared from domains as well as contact information being changed or lost. Catchall email forwarding was removed although it was still offered as a selling point. Our domain parking sites often vanished or were corrupted.

But wait, there's more...the worst was yet to come!

Over the last 5 weeks we couldn't renew domains, have support tickets still unanswered, could'nt log in, couldn't change settings or information, couldn't get epp codes to transfer our sites out, couldn't contact support or get any help in any way from these absolute a------s.

But, compared to other customer-victim's stories about fraud, stolen domains and miscellaneous bastardry, so far we've really gotten off very lightly!

As I write, the site is sort of back up and hobbling very slowly along.
We think we may be able to get our domains out over the coming week...pray for us.

Hopefully, in the very near future, Registerfly's two '50% partners', Mr Kevin Medina and Mr John Naruszewicz, will be bought to justice and spend a decent amount of time making themselves wonderful girlfriends for some lucky cons.

Last edited:
•••
rugged said:
We started using this registrar about 4-5 years ago. At first things weren't too bad. The prices and ( sometimes buggy) facilities offered were good although support left a bit to be desired.

However they were the good old days compared to what was about to happen.

Come 2005 things really started to go downhill, then got worse, and worse.

By 2006 the system was often uselessly slow, support tickets went unanswered or were suddenly deleted or answered with gibberish.

Periodically all our settings including url and email forwarding disappeared from domains as well as contact information being changed or lost. Catchall email forwarding was removed although it was still offered as a selling point. Our domain parking sites often vanished or were corrupted.

But wait, there's more...the worst was yet to come!

Over the last 5 weeks we couldn't renew domains, have support tickets still unanswered, could'nt log in, couldn't change settings or information, couldn't get epp codes to transfer our sites out, couldn't contact support or get any help in any way from these absolute a------s.

But, compared to other customer-victim's stories about fraud, stolen domains and miscellaneous bastardry, so far we've really gotten off very lightly!

As I write, the site is sort of back up and hobbling very slowly along.
We think we may be able to get our domains out over the coming week...pray for us.

Hopefully, in the very near future, Registerfly's two '50% partners', Mr Kevin Medina and Mr John Naruszewicz, will be bought to justice and spend a decent amount of time making themselves wonderful girlfriends for some lucky cons.

I had $40+ in RF funds so I tried to take 3 domains outta redemption period (at a whopping $13 or so each!) 24+ hours later, the money was taken and the domains are still in redemption period. :yell:

•••
their crappy site and service have been down now for over 4 hours
NONSENSE

•••
Didnt GoDaddy buy them out?

•••
ihatebeans said:
Didnt GoDaddy buy them out?

lmao no they did not.. they are in so much trouble right now no one will even touch them. even if they wanted to.. witch they don't

•••
Oh,
Nevermind :)

My bad lol

•••
•••
Great if you like headaches and wasted time!

I have spent way too many hours, calls to tech support, emails, petitions, etc just trying to save my domain names. Its common knowledge that RegisterFly sucks, but wanted to add my assent. I still have some domains with them and they won't help (big suprise)!

•••
Ripoff Merchants

They seemed to start out ok a few years ago, then after I was conned into transfering a large amount of domains, lured by there Special Offers, the problems started and the jiberish support answers did not imediately reveal to me that these guys were setting me up for a mega ripoff because my judgement was blinded by there wonderful interface and unreal special members discounts.
Soon domains started to disappear from my account and domains close to expiration date failed to renew.
The support ticket system started to consume all my time as I chased up the cheque payments to my account that never turned up and had to sort out domains that seemed to be caught in some sort of transfer limbo land.
Just when I thought I had it all sorted out they did some sort of website upgrade and I found that all of the few hundred domains that I had in my registerfly account suddenly had all contact whois and registrant info changed to that of registerfly.
And to make matters worse the bulk update facility did not work, so after tediously updating info one by one. A lot would not update.
At this point I just wanted out.
Then the nightmare began, missing transfer codes, renewal dates backdated, transfers refused and a continuing stream of renewal notices for domains that I had managed to transfer out but still showed in my account.
Then I started renewing with them, the domains that would not transfer, only to find them caught in a transfer/renewal process that registerfly used to move domains from registerfly enom reseller account to registerfly registra account.
This process took over a month for some domains and several actualy expired during this process and I had to get enom to intervine and snatch domains back from registerfly.
I am still trying to get domains out.

Yeah so 0 out of ten for registerfly.com or should that be .con

Hopefully these parasite scum cybersquaters will have plenty of time to ponder there gready mistake when they are passed around like sex toys by there keepers at there new found home in prison!

•••
Run away! The poster child of what's wrong with ICANN

Registerfly is so bad, it's crushing ICANN under its own stupidity. Stay away from registerfly. Please search for "registerfly sucks" on google...

•••
Muuu

:td: It's dead anyways

•••
Review

1 for each criteria

i hope rating works now

•••
terrible!

absolutely terrible!

•••
I try to remove the 'privacy service/protect-fly' of my domains, so that I can transfer away, but never got them worked, I always get 'Unable to connect to remote API server'.

looks like they r gonna close down, no one replies my tickets.... but i got many names there....

•••
•••
Rippers... they are fraud!

I registered ChukDe(DOT)net from them... i paid $9 for it... This domain is still showing in my Registerfly account.... but when i try to add that domain to my host server i got error that it is not registered :| i check WHOIS and yes... it was not registered...

I then registered it via NameCheap and finally it was registered.

RF Ripped my money and its a clean fraud that they are still displaying my domain in my account there which is not registered by them...

They never answered to any support ticket..

Seems a bunch of Monkey is running that company from a jungle.

Save your money... try some other registrar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back