NameSilo

Register/Registrar Protocol access

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

Romabaz

New Member
Impact
0
Registry/Registrar Protocol access

Hi everyone :cy:
I've got a specific question which may seem naive to some of you... or not. Anyway, I'm just trying to catch ideas about catching expiring domains.
So, the question is:
Is it possible to gain RRP(Registry Registrar Protocol) access or EPP access or some other direct access to domain registry database (desirably.com and .net) without becoming an accredited registrar?
If it does, I'm ready to buy it (for the lower costs than becoming a registrar of course :hehe: )

p.s. I need that for another drop catching script and I'm aware that I cannot compete with big players :ghost:
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
You would need to set up a registrar to gain direct access to the registry database.
 
0
•••
Thank you for quick response, sdsinc
So, is it the only way? I'm asking because on another domain related forum I saw discussion on such theme: a guy did wanted to buy rrp access. And that made me curious - is it really possible?
 
0
•••
Why not contact the registries direct ? Another possible option is to find a registrar willing to make their connection available to you.
 
0
•••
I think the answer to this question is simply no. Registrars pay big bucks to become accredited and giving access to their back end systems would be a tremendous security risk.
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back