Dynadot

Redirect.com (theparkingplace.com) not paying the earned revenue

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Anyone is receiving payments from redirect.com?

I was testing some domains with that service and earned above their $100 threshold in October 2017. Expecting they would pay the revenue in November but nothing happened. I decided to message their support on December and received a generic response that "Payments are all set up to go out on the 15th of every month". I waited another month and still no payment, so I messaged them again by the end of January and the support person named Jamie has confirmed that I'm over minimum threshold and that should receive the payment on the 15th of Febuary. Again, no payment been sent to me, so I decided to message them once again in March and redirected all the domains to other parkings until all the pending revenues are cleared (at that time the amount already crossed $300). Jamie again responded that "Payments begin going out on the 15th." which never happened.

It looks like they intentionally miss on their obligations to pay me the earned revenues or their finance dept is in complete mess.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In 2015 they paid me regularly...
Since 2016 I don't use their service... ZeroClick at ParkingCrew is a few times better.

Last edited:
•••
And they really don't pay if Tax Form is incomplete.
So recheck it in your account.

•••
I have marked the tax form as "none" since I'm not a US citizen nor running any business in the USA. Besides, I guess they would inform me if that was be the problem.

•••
I have marked the tax form as "none" since I'm not a US citizen nor running any business in the USA. Besides, I guess they would inform me if that was be the problem.

They wouldn't unless you asked.
You do need to complete a form as a non-us citizen.

Note that they also didn't pay me the last payment I was owed, for a much smaller amount than yours though. They also responded two times with the '15th of the month' and 'yeah will send you the remaining amount'... nothing happened ofc.

Have stopped using them from more than a year now.. not worth the energy and time spent to try and get their support to respond.
Suggest you use another service and in case you really need a zero-click-only service (like what TheParkingPlace really is) then better to ask Bodis to set you up a zero-click-only account. That's what I have done and works fine.

•••
This doesn't matter where you are based and what you are running...
This form must be completed by all payees according to US law.
Form W-8BEN in your case.

Last edited:
•••
Are you sure? Voodoo and some other US companies don't require submitting any tax forms.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Are you sure? Voodoo and some other US companies don't require submitting any tax forms.
Yes, I'm sure, all US companies are obliged to get it before any payout.
Including Voodoo... And when I used them in the past - this form was requested by Voodoo as well (it must be filled and signed in their panel).
Since 2017 Bodis also requires it.

Last edited:
•••
No any forms only at ParkingCrew and Sedo.
Because these companies are under German law.

•••
Yes, I'm sure, all US companies are obliged to get it before any payout.
Including Voodoo... And when I used them in the past - this form was requested by Voodoo as well (it must be filled and signed in their panel).
Since 2017 Bodis also requires it.

Yes, I have signed an online statement at Voodoo (Certification of No U.S. Activities) and that's all. No need for sending W-8 tax form, however I guess they can generate one using that signature & my account data.

Alright, I see the problem with Redirect.com now. They are likely waiting for that W-8 before sending any payment. It is written in their T&C section 1.1.C. The only problem I see is lack of relevant information on that requirement by their support.

•••
Yes, Voodoo generates W-8BEN...
TPP/Redirect - partially...
For Afternic and Bodis - it must be filled manually.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks, that link was hidden in my panel until I switched from none to w-8.

The form is now filled and submitted. I will report if the payment is received next month.

•••
No any forms only at ParkingCrew and Sedo.
Because these companies are under German law.

Also DNS (Uniregistry) and Above are located outside the US and don't require such stuff.
Interestingly, Domain Sponsor (under Rook Media) has not requested any filling so far and they are based in the USA.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I don't know their scheme...
At DomainSponsor (see website footer) - Nicosia, Cyprus is stated (offshore).

•••
p.s. DS banned my account without any notification and explanation.
This company doesn't exist for me anymore.

•••
•••
I have received all the pending payment today and thus the problem solved.
Once again, thanks for your help & contribution in moving this ahead to the positive conclusion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back